Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ve heard about this supposed 768 ball run by Crainfiled, does (or did) he personally attest to this or was this something by some other party?
I know alot about pool history and would like to correct all of this non sense about all the highest runs are and other notable runs to educate everybody in this thread.
Cranfield ran over 700 twice. When he ran 768 which is the reall all time record it was also an exhibition which was posted for public viewing in advance. Not much of any governing body in pool back then for records and honestly nobody really cared about records as they couldnt profit from it anyways. also to note Cranfield also has ran a 493 and then the next inning ran a 490. that is 2 monster runs back to back which besides the 768 would in my opinion be the gretest 14.1 record out there.
To note if you take all the players that have ever broke even 300 there are only about 5 players ever that would try for high runs. Sigel,Varner,Lassiter and many others would run 150 or 200 and quit which im sure there are 1000s of theser uns that top players did and just stopped without missing. Mosconi ran a 609 in practice and quit to go to dinner and also a 586 with Charlie Ursetti racking the balls at 66 years old and quit the run also. Mosconi told me when I talked to him in Nashville 1988 that he had thought he ran over 600 4-5 times but didnt keep the exact numbers because it was just practice.

Straight Pool 14-1 High Runs (ardalen.com)
https://www.facebook.com/mr3cushion...f_t=video_processed&notif_id=1542760693483993

Attachments

• cranfield record article.jpg
    cranfield record article.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 74

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite clearly, I was speaking of pros that come to forums such as this one and, after a brief fling, run away butt hurt vowing never to return becauuuuuuse everyone didn’t kowtow down to them and believe every little nugget they dropped was a pearl.

I have not spent anytime around NV but I have taken lessons from Dallas West, Ray Martin, and Steve “Cookie Monster” Cook. And in each of those instances the knowledge I gained far outstripped the money I paid. Some players can teach, as I’m sure NV can, and perhaps even hang here. Many other pros cannot.

Lou Figueroa
I think rj's reference to you and Varner was more to your refusal of Nick's endorsement of 626, rather than nick's (or any other pro's) participation on azb.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think rj's reference to you and Varner was more to your refusal of Nick's endorsement of 626, rather than nick's (or any other pro's) participation on azb.

That, lol.... would be a stretch.

He was replying to a post quoting my me on pros participating on forums like AZ.

Lou Figueroa

gerryf

I know alot about pool history and would like to correct all of this non sense about all the highest runs are and other notable runs to educate everybody in this thread.
Cranfield ran over 700 twice. When he ran 768 which is the reall all time record it was also an exhibition which was posted for public viewing in advance. Not much of any governing body in pool back then for records and honestly nobody really cared about records as they couldnt profit from it anyways. also to note Cranfield also has ran a 493 and then the next inning ran a 490. that is 2 monster runs back to back which besides the 768 would in my opinion be the gretest 14.1 record out there.
To note if you take all the players that have ever broke even 300 there are only about 5 players ever that would try for high runs. Sigel,Varner,Lassiter and many others would run 150 or 200 and quit which im sure there are 1000s of theser uns that top players did and just stopped without missing. Mosconi ran a 609 in practice and quit to go to dinner and also a 586 with Charlie Ursetti racking the balls at 66 years old and quit the run also. Mosconi told me when I talked to him in Nashville 1988 that he had thought he ran over 600 4-5 times but didnt keep the exact numbers because it was just practice.

Straight Pool 14-1 High Runs (ardalen.com)
https://www.facebook.com/mr3cushion...f_t=video_processed&notif_id=1542760693483993

The article says the 768 by Cranfield was mentioned by Cue Ball Kelly, but the article doesn't say that Kelly witnessed the run. Other people (friends of his), mentioned they were told by Cranfield of the 768 but didn't witness the run either.

The Danny Harriman posse would say 'not proved'.

Last edited:

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The article says the 768 by Cranfield was mentioned by Cue Ball Kelly, but the article doesn't say that Kelly witnessed the run. Other people (friends of his), mentioned they were told by Cranfield of the 768 but didn't witness the run either.

The Danny Harriman posse would say 'not proved'.
My post has nothing to do with Danny, John or a posse.
I geuss you just dont get it and thats ok.Like I said I know alot about history. Cranfield was wothout a doubt the most honest pool player in History and I know this as do many other professional players and others that met and knew him.
Bottom line again is there are 2 types of high runs. Run that are true like all of Cranfields and then BCA runs which may or may not be 100% accurate and even if the BCA'S were accurate thats what they decided to recognize and other runs are also records.
Im still trying to believe Johns run was legit and I certainly hope it was,however there are to many holes to fill in to be certain. An 100% unedited video that can be looked at by professional tech people would decide it for everyone not a edited video that was sped at at possible convenant times.That being said the witnesses to Joihns video wereall of them on a unedited video also 100% of the run? in 1970 no one video recoreded runs because there was no technology and in todays world nobody does it at all hardly because its just simply not worth it, however that will be changing sooner than anybody knows and details will be provided soon.
Cranfields 768 is the all time high run and you have been educated believe it or not thats up to you but it is a fact and I believe Honest Babe Cranfield and it was done in an exhibition format on 1 day only to do so with maybe 15-20 attempts possible not unlimited attempts (1100) or so over several months.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I geuss you just dont get it and thats ok.Like I said I know alot about history. Cranfield was wothout a doubt the most honest pool player in History and I know this as do many other professional players and others that met and knew him.
Bottom line again is there are 2 types of high runs. Run that are true like all of Cranfields and then BCA runs which may or may not be 100% accurate and even if the BCA'S were accurate thats what they decided to recognize and other runs are also records.
Im still trying to believe Johns run was legit and I certainly hope it was,however there are to many holes to fill in to be certain. An 100% unedited video that can be looked at by professional tech people would decide it for everyone not a edited video that was sped at at possible convenant times.That being said the witnesses to Joihns video wereall of them on a unedited video also 100% of the run? in 1970 no one video recoreded runs because there was no technology and in todays world nobody does it at all hardly because its just simply not worth it, however that will be changing sooner than anybody knows and details will be provided soon.
Cranfields 768 is the all time high run and you have been educated believe it or not thats up to you but it is a fact and I believe Honest Babe Cranfield and it was done in an exhibition format on 1 day only to do so with maybe 15-20 attempts possible not unlimited attempts (1100) or so over several months.
All of that may or may not be true. Having a bunch of pool stories in your head is not the same as knowing history. What you don't seem to get is that the BCA has criteria Mosconi met and then later John Schmidt met. Therefore, those two are the former and current BCA record holders.

Maybe Cranfield made over 700 and maybe nobody has ever made more...but it is not a BCA record...period. Every other pool "historian" who mentions the 700+ run says it was a practice session except this one guy (same source also says Mosconi cheated) and a few who have latched on to the idea that it was an exhibition. So we are to believe the guy runs hundreds more than anyone else in front of a crowd but nobody mentions it until years later???

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For all y'all out there who are entertainin' the thought of seeing their theater show - I think it was the band Styx that said - Welcome to the grand Illusion, Pay Yer Price - get yer ticket for their show, even though the stage is set - the band ain't playin - join them in their blind ambition. Also any willing participant in their theater show - obviously has 'too much time on their hands.'
Or maybe they just enjoy the sport of pool, hanging with like folks and having a few cocktails while getting to see a nice run. And I heard at the last show they got to play some after the movie.
How cool is that?
So you can offer your well qualified opinion on the pool aspects of the run and if it’s legit or not but leave all of the talk about the cocktail party/Movie to the professionals. Just the fact that you’re disparaging me for wanting to attend tells me you have no clue how to enjoy yourself at such a function. I’m starting to understand your frustration. Here I am a reasonable guy who has spent quite a few years honing my craft of not only enjoying but thriving at various cocktail parties, business dinner and corporate functions that I’ve made the hall of fame of ordering wine, choosing cigars and ports, and completely carrying a conversation just by listening. And here’s this amateur dipshit trying to tell me what’s not fun or entertaining. I am absolutely positive I would enjoy the hell out of that road show. You seeing my point? Argue the validity of the run all you want. You might even change some minds, feel free to review the roadshow you’ve never seen all you want, but I don’t need to hear what you think of me or anyone else who attends the road party. Is that unreasonable to ask?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
No, it was not. Just that some pro's know why they do things. Nick doesn't do anything without a reason why. Also, why he always had a pot to piss in too ;) Be a good role model for some of the younger players imho.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Arthritis, torn meniscuses, cataracts... but the plumbing still works : -)

Back at you, Preacher.

Lou Figueroa
Is that anything like "the wipers don't work and the horn don't blow - but there ain't nuthin' wrong with the radio"? Yes my grammar skills are weak and ego is a bit fragile - but I can hear the music. I used to have a better sense of humor Lou, but I do not make fun of those who dance to the music - I can hear as well as I listen - or is it the other way around?

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Yea I was semi' invited to ur 5 1/2" pocket soiree - so I decided to give u an invitation on 2-1 for yer $ playing me 14.1 in a set to 300 points - I received no reply. That is a nice w.r. of 311 on the diamond - without any video footage. I see u in duh funny papers - Adios Bobbie Chamberlain.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
He used to post here, a long time ago. Matter of fact, back in the day when something about goats and a cliff came into being...most pro's don't stick around here, certainly not since Facebook came into prominence. For a variety of reasons, but its easy enough to figure out, reading threads like these, and many others. And given the lack of moderation compared to back then, there is no way the majority of them will be back.
Yep, I think the last post i read on here from j.s. (that got erased) stated he was going to put his 366 run on utube for free - as he thought it was 'the right thing to do'. I was wondering why he sounded guilty or ashamed about posting that particular post, I think I understand now better why he was feeling guilty. It were'nt long after that post I woe's informed of this 626 - without any unedited footage. He was foreshadowing or giving us a forecast of his future false 626 claim. I posed this question to the viewing audience of az 'is schmidt and charlies 626 legit'? It seemed like the right thing to do. Thanks for the honest feedback, I have climbed to the top of the mountain and turned around, seen my reflection in the snow covered hills. I am still hear, my opinion that the 626 CLAIM is false (after two years of them hiding any shred of real evidence) - remains the same. It's a hoax and Mosconi's 526 stands as the true World Record of 14.1 Pocket Billiard History.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Cranfield was not from Springfield, yes I agree there are two types of runs here say evidence 1] = fish story, 2] those that have unedited footage - ain't nuthin like the real thing eh Bobbie?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
My apologies, I only check up on this forum bout once a week, thanks again for the honest replies - that are 'Pocket Billiard' related.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that anything like "the wipers don't work and the horn don't blow - but there ain't nuthin' wrong with the radio"? Yes my grammar skills are weak and ego is a bit fragile - but I can hear the music. I used to have a better sense of humor Lou, but I do not make fun of those who dance to the music - I can hear as well as I listen - or is it the other way around?

lol, probably the other way around, Danny.

Lou Figueroa
50/50 shot

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yea I was semi' invited to ur 5 1/2" pocket soiree - so I decided to give u an invitation on 2-1 for yer $ playing me 14.1 in a set to 300 points - I received no reply. That is a nice w.r. of 311 on the diamond - without any video footage. I see u in duh funny papers - Adios Bobbie Chamberlain.
Danny This is a large amount of work Im putting togther and the tables arent even set up yet but should be done by the end of this month. Corner pockets will be under 5 inch. In due time it all will be finished and will happen. I wish it was as easy as it may seem to do. I own 3 Companys and along with my Health I literally have limited time but that will be changing soon once my event starts. If you know someone that would like to do all the work im doing and put up their cash and time im all ears. I am not benefiting with all the time and finances Im putting forward. Im sure all the invited pros will want to be involved to make free money and im for that but I gotta make sure every requirement is done proper with no shortcuts and approved by any and all governing bodies of Billiards and my Attorney to make all the necessary paperwork correct and then the Billiard World will get to view something that has never been done in our History. My list of players is not open to anyone as it is invitation only and a private list. I will say you are on the list though but if you dont want to be on the list just let me know. I assure you everyone will be able to watch all the runs LIVE and all runs will be backed up on a hard drive unedited. All invited players will be on a schedule to be agreed upon with me and posted to the public so they can be viewed at all times. Since they will be exhibitions there will be no entry fees required by any of the professional players. Adios Danny.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Danny, I have been read into what Bobby Chamberlain is going to pull off and it is something historic -- an opportunity you should not pass up lightly.

I hope you reconsider because I figure you to be a favorite to bust whatever claims are out there -- on tape, unedited.

Don't blow this -- goferit.

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny, I have been read into what Bobby Chamberlain is going to pull off and it is something historic -- an opportunity you should not pass up lightly.

I hope you reconsider because I figure you to be a favorite to bust whatever claims are out there -- on tape, unedited.

Don't blow this -- goferit.

Lou Figueroa
Yes, love/ hate or feel somewhere in between about any or all of our current 14.1 big guns...

A battle for the high run title has the potential to be the stuff of legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.