Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Witnesses to the moon landing? -- I recall watching the moon landing live with my dad.

And no, it's not about suspicion because of the BCA.

Lou Figueroa
So do you think that the bca was duped by John Schmidt? Did they certify a fraudulent submission?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Danny, you don't understand how the Smithsonian works. It collects items that may have cultural significance. Sometimes they go and collect them, (Julia Child's kitchen) but more often items are donated.

If you look at the Smithsonian, you can see that the "Mosconi papers' were donated by Willie Mosconi. The Smithsonian doesn't attest to the truth of anything. They just collect things. In the Smithsonian they have four Mosconi items. The affidavit after he ran 526 balls, some notes from his wallet on billiards strategy, a poster from when he was 11 years old, and some images of him playing. The Smithsonian doesn't care about Straight Pool high-run records, and doesn't certify them. That's done by the BCA.

The Smithsonian also has a 'Veg-o-matic' - donated by the Popeil family.

The Smithsonian also has Indiana Jones' hat and jacket - donated by Harrison Ford.

The Smithsonian also has Warren Harding's pajamas.

And if you look, you can see an exhibit on Justice Clarence Thomas, and his views on affirmative action. Justice Thomas says it's fake, and says they didn't ask him or even talk to him before they set up the exhibit. Who are you going to believe??

The Smithsonian collects cultural artifacts - they don't authenticate them as being anything other than they appear.

The Smithsonian doesn't have anything on Babe Cranfield, Jimmy Caras, or even Jethro Bodine! Geez!

And something you can identify with. The Smithsonian also has samples of fossilized sloth poop! Yes, even you have a chance to be an exhibit there!!
The Smithsonian also has moon rocks on display...some might doubt whether we've ever been there...

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post was out of bounds bruce, u might want to try a different sauce as this won't due. Not really sure who 'a few of you' are but again at this point there are many thousands - who doubt the claim rather that a few. I and many other 14.1 aficionadas are not DEMANDING anythin - just simply asking to see unedited confirmation, Mosconi's World Record has been around almost 70yrs. So as tax paying citizens and Sports Historians/14.1 students - we do have the right to see the unedited video - if in fact there is a new record.

You are demanding to see it and you are using insults and accusations as weapons in a feeble attempt to force their hand. Your not owed anything in this scenario. You have the right to form your own opinion, which you have. None of your rights being infringed upon.

What the f#!@ do taxes have to do with this!?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What the f#!@ do taxes have to do with this!?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
They are an example of attempting to attach a largely shared 'evil' imposed on the great Charles Harriman to his nutty argument.

Sort of like sandwiching a lie between two truths, the use of such ploys actually exhibits an inability to accurately analyze more than basic sets of data...rather than adding (the intended) credence to their positions.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not fine when they are alleging fraud which is exactly what is happening.

If you think John didn't achieve the feat he claims he did and John has charged money for access to the video on the claim that he did then it is fraud.

Are you accusing John Schmidt of fraud?

If someone is alleging fraud take that up with them, not me.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I have no idea what happened with the BCA... and neither do you.

Lou Figueroa
Ok but the BCA has stated that the run is valid so either you think that they are not capable of judging that or they are complicit. Which is it?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If someone is alleging fraud take that up with them, not me.

Lou Figueroa
What are you alleging then? This is really an either/or situation. Either the run is valid and John and his team are not acting fraudulently OR the run is not valid and he is acting fraudulently.

You said you have your doubts that the run is valid and if so then you doubt that John is being honest here and IF John is not being honest then he is acting fraudulently, criminally so by taking money for access to a product that is not valid.

So, please elaborate on how your "doubts" do not equate to accusations of fraud OR tell us how it's NOT commercial fraud to take money based on a lie.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok but the BCA has stated that the run is valid so either you think that they are not capable of judging that or they are complicit. Which is it?

How am I suppose to know?

It certainly doesn't have to be an either/or situation as you pose it. I remain with an open mind : -)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you alleging then? This is really an either/or situation. Either the run is valid and John and his team are not acting fraudulently OR the run is not valid and he is acting fraudulently.

You said you have your doubts that the run is valid and if so then you doubt that John is being honest here and IF John is not being honest then he is acting fraudulently, criminally so by taking money for access to a product that is not valid.

So, please elaborate on how your "doubts" do not equate to accusations of fraud OR tell us how it's NOT commercial fraud to take money based on a lie.

I am not alleging anything.

I don't know what happened with the BCA or the run. That's why I'd like to see raw footage before making up my mind.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I don't know what happened with the BCA or the run. That's why I'd like to see raw footage before making up my mind.

Lou Figueroa
LoL......I hope you never get to see it. Like ever. I hope you never even get to see the$50 show. If John is reading this I will pay you an extra$50 to not let Lou watch it. Make up your mind.....r. i. g. h. t...... Just having a tough time deciding if you think your "friend" is a crook or not.

You know the moon landings were all done on a sound stage right?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LoL......I hope you never get to see it. Like ever. I hope you never even get to see the$50 show. If John is reading this I will pay you an extra$50 to not let Lou watch it. Make up your mind.....r. i. g. h. t...... Just having a tough time deciding if you think your "friend" is a crook or not.

You know the moon landings were all done on a sound stage right?

oh, so cruel, lol.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
oh, so cruel, lol.

Lou Figueroa
Yeah it's actually a fun thought thinking that you might never get to see the greatest straight pool run in history.

Once I thought you were cool. Now I just think you're a miserable curmudgeon who delights in being a shitty person. This little tap dance spin you're doing here is ugly and not entertaining to anyone but the couple people you want to curry favor with imo.

The whole board can see that when you claim to have made up with someone that it is not true when they see how you talk about John Schmidt after telling us that you and him are good with each other.

The same sort of backstabbing you did to me is on full display here. Danny however is likely quite pleased with your actions as is the self-proclaimed "world pro".

Meanwhile, the world record holder is likely enjoying how you three market for him. Keep it up.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I guess we'll all find out if unedited footage of the run is ever made available.

Lou Figueroa
Is not answering direct questions your main skill in life?

If you were in court and asked to swear to to tell the whole truth and nothing but I think your answer would be "whose truth and which version?"

John could run a thousand balls before you would ever stop spinning imo.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah

The whole board can see that when you claim to have made up with someone that it is not true when they see how you talk about John Schmidt after telling us that you and him are good with each other.

Meanwhile, the world record holder is likely enjoying how you three market for him. Keep it up.
Yep.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
We know several things.

1. John was pursuing Mosconi's record run.
2. John and his team claimed to have broken it by a hundred balls.
3. The video of the run was reviewed in it's entirely by the Billiard Congress of America and accepted as a valid claim.
4. Several well-known and well regarded individuals in the pool world have said that they watched the video and have said that the claim is valid.
5. To date no-one who has seen the run at a viewing has stated any misgivings about it.

So, unless you do not trust John and his team, do not trust the BCA, do not trust folks like Bob Jewett and Fred Agnir and Mike Bender, do not trust Predator Cues and think that these people are willing to risk their reputations by lying about the run I don't understand why you claim to have doubts?

When we speak in probabilities the likelihood of the run being legit is pretty much 100% given all of the factors in play.

So what then are exactly your concerns?

That John and his team doctored the video and fooled everyone?

That the BCA is not competent enough to validate the run based on the video?

That Bob and Fred and Predator are not competent enough to validate the run?

That esteemed world class cuemaker Mike Bender is not capable of validating the run or that he is complicit in faking it?

Let's hear your specific concerns Lou. Because simply saying you don't know what happened and therefore haven't made up your mind as to whether the run is valid or not is intellectually weak. Take a stand and defend it.

You accept that Mosconi ran 526 balls based on a signed statement attesting to it but you weren't there. A similar signed statement, a sworn affadavit, is present for John's run. All things being equal then that level of evidence is satisfied.

A further level was achieved by presenting the video to the BCA and getting their approval. So unless you think that the BCA is incompetent or complicit what further proof do you need? Because clearly seeing it with your own eyes isn't a requirement for you to believe mosconi's record.

So I do "know" what "happened" at the BCA in terms of what is most likely to have happened based on the whole picture. There is zero need to soft-pedal "doubt" here. Just like I believe that you won a state championship without needing to interview people who were there and get them on record saying that they saw you do it.

I believe that somewhere someone has a record of that event and a list of the finish order and that you wouldn't lie about something that someone else had a record of. The probability of your claim to a state championship in Wyoming (iirc) is likely to be true.

The claim of beating Mosconi's record is more likely to be true than your claim to have been a state champion for the same reasons.

If I had any doubt about your claim I would state it clearly and ask for proof and you would very likely tell me to go screw myself. Would it be right for me to traipse through the forums sowing "doubt" about your claim in an attempt to make you prove it? I don't think it would be.

In fact back when I thought you were cool I didn't doubt any of your "stories". But when it started to come out that your versions of the stories you told were not shared by others who were also present it did tarnish my trust in your "versions". But these stories were not really consequential anyway and ammounted to personal perspectives more or less. I think you are smart enough not to lie about things that would be likely to have a written record of results.

And I would hope that you think John and all of the others involved in his quest to break mosconi's record wouldn't lie about something so consequential. But seemingly you think that someone is lying about it.

Because the only two states that can exist are the run is valid or it isn't. If it isn't then the principals know it isn't and they are lying.

There is no in between state. The bca could have stated that they watched it from start to finish when they didn't but that only means that they were not being true about their statement validating the run. That wouldn't make the run invalid though which is the point of contention you continue to allege.

Your unwillingness to take a clear position on this is a clear indication that you would prefer to cast aspersions vaguely instead of making specific allegations to define your "concerns". I can't describe the colloquial term for this type of behavior on this forum but it shares letters with the famous brand Stussy.

Man-up Lou and stand for what you seem to believe. Or let me continue to define your behavior for everyone else when by you continuing to peddle accusations of fraud without directly stating it.

On this point at least Danny has shown more balls and honesty in stating his position than you have. I wouldn't worry about whether you're "good" with John Schmidt at this point because I think you have blown that at this point.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
There is no recognized world record holder in any game of pool.
There are only pretenders to a nonexistent throne.
Your hero stuck his shtick in the sand, for a moment in time.
Others have done the same thing in time gone by.
Others will do the same thing in time going forward, too.
Claims get jumped all of the time.
Don’t expect this ‘claim’ to stand the test of time, money/no money.
LoL, there are plenty of record holders.

Of course this record will stand the test of time just as mosconi's did.

Even if Mosconi didn't really run 526 it stood as a record because even the claim created a milestone. 498 wasn't enough. A person needed to run more than 526 in order to get long-term recognition.

And in the modern age this means that video proof would be needed to really show that more than 526 had been run.

This has been achieved to the satisfaction of those who matter.

So maybe someone will break John's record someday and if they do the same standards will be applied and they will get recognition for that achievement. I am very confident that Danny Harriman will not be the person who achieves this though.

Haters are fans. While you are talking about John and his record he is still the world record holder and people will pay to be around him and hear his story.

Every post that you make on this subject prolongs the thread and creates more paying customers. Your nonsense about the existentialism of records is not relevant.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We know several things.

1. John was pursuing Mosconi's record run.
2. John and his team claimed to have broken it by a hundred balls.
3. The video of the run was reviewed in it's entirely by the Billiard Congress of America and accepted as a valid claim.
4. Several well-known and well regarded individuals in the pool world have said that they watched the video and have said that the claim is valid.
5. To date no-one who has seen the run at a viewing has stated any misgivings about it.

So, unless you do not trust John and his team, do not trust the BCA, do not trust folks like Bob Jewett and Fred Agnir and Mike Bender, do not trust Predator Cues and think that these people are willing to risk their reputations by lying about the run I don't understand why you claim to have doubts?

When we speak in probabilities the likelihood of the run being legit is pretty much 100% given all of the factors in play.

So what then are exactly your concerns?

That John and his team doctored the video and fooled everyone?

That the BCA is not competent enough to validate the run based on the video?

That Bob and Fred and Predator are not competent enough to validate the run?

That esteemed world class cuemaker Mike Bender is not capable of validating the run or that he is complicit in faking it?

Let's hear your specific concerns Lou. Because simply saying you don't know what happened and therefore haven't made up your mind as to whether the run is valid or not is intellectually weak. Take a stand and defend it.

You accept that Mosconi ran 526 balls based on a signed statement attesting to it but you weren't there. A similar signed statement, a sworn affadavit, is present for John's run. All things being equal then that level of evidence is satisfied.

A further level was achieved by presenting the video to the BCA and getting their approval. So unless you think that the BCA is incompetent or complicit what further proof do you need? Because clearly seeing it with your own eyes isn't a requirement for you to believe mosconi's record.

So I do "know" what "happened" at the BCA in terms of what is most likely to have happened based on the whole picture. There is zero need to soft-pedal "doubt" here. Just like I believe that you won a state championship without needing to interview people who were there and get them on record saying that they saw you do it.

I believe that somewhere someone has a record of that event and a list of the finish order and that you wouldn't lie about something that someone else had a record of. The probability of your claim to a state championship in Wyoming (iirc) is likely to be true.

The claim of beating Mosconi's record is more likely to be true than your claim to have been a state champion for the same reasons.

If I had any doubt about your claim I would state it clearly and ask for proof and you would very likely tell me to go screw myself. Would it be right for me to traipse through the forums sowing "doubt" about your claim in an attempt to make you prove it? I don't think it would be.

In fact back when I thought you were cool I didn't doubt any of your "stories". But when it started to come out that your versions of the stories you told were not shared by others who were also present it did tarnish my trust in your "versions". But these stories were not really consequential anyway and ammounted to personal perspectives more or less. I think you are smart enough not to lie about things that would be likely to have a written record of results.

And I would hope that you think John and all of the others involved in his quest to break mosconi's record wouldn't lie about something so consequential. But seemingly you think that someone is lying about it.

Because the only two states that can exist are the run is valid or it isn't. If it isn't then the principals know it isn't and they are lying.

There is no in between state. The bca could have stated that they watched it from start to finish when they didn't but that only means that they were not being true about their statement validating the run. That wouldn't make the run invalid though which is the point of contention you continue to allege.

Your unwillingness to take a clear position on this is a clear indication that you would prefer to cast aspersions vaguely instead of making specific allegations to define your "concerns". I can't describe the colloquial term for this type of behavior on this forum but it shares letters with the famous brand Stussy.

Man-up Lou and stand for what you seem to believe. Or let me continue to define your behavior for everyone else when by you continuing to peddle accusations of fraud without directly stating it.

On this point at least Danny has shown more balls and honesty in stating his position than you have. I wouldn't worry about whether you're "good" with John Schmidt at this point because I think you have blown that at this point.

Maybe he did the run, maybe he didn't.

Lou Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.