Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
seriously - u come across as a blossoming idiot, if u have no opinion on why Open Public is allowed to see proof of the bca 626 cliam - then do not engage in discussion. Name calling kinda has a contageous effect it would seem. Let me know if u have any questions. u were just the nail - can u guess my identity?
You are seriously mental.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Okay Danny, you convinced me, it's not legit.
Nope Canada Dry u still don't get it, I am not hear to gain a fan club or even to convince anyone of foul play. Just to shed light on a dim situation, I only am hear to ask other honest forum members - if the 'experimental evidence' the bca/j.s/c.w have put on display - can be deemed sufficient evidence. In my opinion a edited tape/theater show - will not work as sufficient evidence for The Smithsonian or Guinness Book Of World Records. It would seem to me that a non sanctioned special interest group - had a special interest in an attempted theft of Mosconi's 526 World Record.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
You are seriously mental.
If that means I have a strong ability to think for myself - u r correct skanky - I will be ur hammer of truth. Please refrain from any future name calling - as u did in yer first post towards me - just cause I am asking to see unedited proof of the bca/c.w/j.s 626 claim? Yer only makin yerself look small and insignificant to engage in name calling - just cause I choose to ask to see unedited footage - before accepting the Claim as a Legit Record. It makes sense as ur avatar name says it all - about yer person alley'.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Who is going to lie about something that's irrelevant?
Charlie Williams and j.s. are who + bca (special interest marketing group of chopped video theater shows) Cowards love to hide - what happens to the cowards when they can no longer hide from the truth? See 2nd TAR 14.1 race to 400 - unedited truth, yer's true lee. Willie's Mosconi's World Record is very relevant - so stop portraying that it - is not. As I said - if u do not practice 14.1 on a regular basis - yer opinion is not as important - ur opinion has low value to me.

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Suppose Dan just claims to have run 700.

outside of this forum would anyone care?

Cuedup

Dannys claim to have run 700 is as legit as his claim that JS didn't run 626.

If BCA views harrymans video and says its legit, thats good enough for me but don't hold your breath. Its not happening.

gerryf

Suppose Dan just claims to have run 700.

outside of this forum would anyone care?
If Danny can run 700, and has an affidavit and a video, and submits that to the BCA, and the BCA sanctions his record, i think everyone would accept that. If.

Danny says he once ran 351, but in the two years since Schmidt ran 626, Danny hasn't beat his own 351. Danny's not in John Schmidt's league. Fourteen years ago, Danny tied for 3rd in the World Championship, but never placed higher. Schmdit won the World Championship.

Danny just lives in the 'hate John Schmidt' world now.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
You can be on the side of history that people remember or be on the side of privately sponsored publications.
This is accurate, the History that people will remember - will have nothing to do with Open public or Semi public - that poor divide should be left to the privately sponsored publications.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charlie Williams and j.s. are who + bca (special interest marketing group of chopped video theater shows) Cowards love to hide - what happens to the cowards when they can no longer hide from the truth? See 2nd TAR 14.1 race to 400 - unedited truth, yer's true lee. Willie's Mosconi's World Record is very irrelevant - so stop portraying that it - is not. As I said - if u do not practice 14.1 on a regular basis - yer opinion is not as important - ur opinion has low value to me.
Welp, it's settled!

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whoa-ho-ho! A postulation can never be settled. It’s ‘out there’ forever, and that’s a very looong time.
One bit of Abraham Lincoln's sage advice covers social media "argumentation as a recreational activity" perfectly:

"You cannot win an argument with an ignorant person."

"Ignorant" is always a provocative word, but not so, in its original Greek meaning, simply "not knowing" (which Will Rogers intended when he humorously observed that "We are all ignorant . . . just in different areas.") I like his calm positioning of the word, in an enlightening, socially-leveling manner.

Willful ignorance is a whole 'nuther matter, of course.

Arnaldo

gerryf

Danny, how come you never won the 14.1 world championship but John Schmidt did? Was the table fixed? Conspiracy maybe?

Predictable quotes:
Danny Harriman: "fake, chopped, cowards, lies"
McDonalds: "Would you like fries with that?"

gerryf

Since you have so many questions, maybe you could research a little further about your 14.1 hi run hero’s stats.
read it and weep.

14.1 'World' Tournament

Hi Dennis,

It was asked if this is a world tournament. Since this is NOT a WPA sanctioned event, then I do not believe it should be called a world tournament.

Once again, I applaud Dragon Promotions for their efforts in promoting the game of 14.1. But to keep calling it something that it is not - is misleading to the public.

(Dennis, at least I am consistent in my opinion 😁)

Mark Griffin

PS - It does not have to be an argument - but everyone has the right to disagree.

you can choose to call them anything you want to, but the truth is in the details.
From the Pool Scene:

Queens, New York- Europe’s dominance of straight pool has ended. John Schmidt of Hesperia, California put USA back on top again in the 100th anniversary tournament of the game. A fitting end for the oldest pool tournament in the world. To do so, Schmidt had to defeat a field of international superstars whom most put well ahead of Schmidt as favorites. Undeterred by critics, Schmidt proved to the world America still has game.
The 2012 Predator World Tournament took place July 29th – August 3rd in New York City. The event was produced by Dragon Promotions & Dr.Michael Fedak and proudly co-sponsored by Championship Cloth, Olhausen Tables, Amsterdam Billiards, Aramith Balls, Pool & Billiard Magazine, Championship Tour Edition Chalk, and straight pool aficionados Dr.Louis Pannullo of NYC, Stu Mattana of NYC, Ralph Rubin of MD, and Tom Gleich of NC. Co-contributors Dr.James Heller, Drew Thomas, and Charles Eames.
Yup, it wasn't a WPA sanctioned event, but there hasn't been any WPA sanctioned event held in more than 10 years.

I suppose he's the 14.1 World Tournament Champion, but it is referred to as the World Straight Pool Championship. Is there another one?

I didn't see Danny Harriman mentioned anywhere. I did see Hohmann, Appleton, Souguet, Eberle, Eckert, and of course the big final against Efren Reyes, Sounds like a great tournament doesn't it?

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the Pool Scene:

Queens, New York- Europe’s dominance of straight pool has ended. John Schmidt of Hesperia, California put USA back on top again in the 100th anniversary tournament of the game. A fitting end for the oldest pool tournament in the world. To do so, Schmidt had to defeat a field of international superstars whom most put well ahead of Schmidt as favorites. Undeterred by critics, Schmidt proved to the world America still has game.
The 2012 Predator World Tournament took place July 29th – August 3rd in New York City. The event was produced by Dragon Promotions & Dr.Michael Fedak and proudly co-sponsored by Championship Cloth, Olhausen Tables, Amsterdam Billiards, Aramith Balls, Pool & Billiard Magazine, Championship Tour Edition Chalk, and straight pool aficionados Dr.Louis Pannullo of NYC, Stu Mattana of NYC, Ralph Rubin of MD, and Tom Gleich of NC. Co-contributors Dr.James Heller, Drew Thomas, and Charles Eames.
Yup, it wasn't a WPA sanctioned event, but there hasn't been any WPA sanctioned event held in more than 10 years.

I suppose he's the 14.1 World Tournament Champion.

I didn't see Danny Harriman mentioned anywhere. I did see Hohmann, Appleton, Souguet, Eberle, Eckert, and of course the big final against Efren Reyes, Sounds like a great tournament doesn't it?
I wanna see the original version of that article. Not some chopped JS/CW/BCA circus show article. If you think the Smithsonian or Guinness will believe this fake news theater show than yer crazier than a bag of cats.

Cuedup

I wanna see the original version of that article. Not some chopped JS/CW/BCA circus show article. If you think the Smithsonian or Guinness will believe this fake news theater show than yer crazier than a bag of cats.
You forgot to mention that you want to see it for free because its..... public information or some such nonsense.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another belly-flop. Started as a 64 player field, but not enough players entered to even follow their original eight match round-robin event. Different ball totals for different rounds. Event made matches to suit itself. Last event 8 players, single elimination to 200. Only needed to win three matches to be awarded 14.1 tournament championship. What a waste.
Yawn.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’ll get plenty of nappy-nap-time, while seated, watching me, play 14.1 Continuous Pocket Billiards, should you ever bike into my area. You were only forty-three miles away last weekend.
Y'all should stop pretending you're ever going to meet up and play. How many times has a grudge match that started on AZB ever materialized? I can think of twice. JB vs Lou, and OMGWTF vs cubc.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Y'all should stop pretending you're ever going to meet up and play. How many times has a grudge match that started on AZB ever materialized? I can think of twice. JB vs Lou, and OMGWTF vs cubc.
OMGWTF vs CUBC was EPIC!!!!! so much better than me and Lou.

Status
Not open for further replies.