Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If JS doesn't get a shot at your event it would appear to be sour grapes on the promoters part, but if he's given a shot and someone else breaks the new record run of 626 it makes the new event that much more special. It would be like not inviting Mosconi if you had this event after he ran the 526.

Someone will always come up with a reason for one guy or another to be in, or not.

A few guys on the interweb kvetching will not be the deciding factor. Trust me.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If JS doesn't get a shot at your event it would appear to be sour grapes on the promoters part, but if he's given a shot and someone else breaks the new record run of 626 it makes the new event that much more special. It would be like not inviting Mosconi if you had this event after he ran the 526.

Personally, I would not invite Mosconi.

And besides, any other player could do his thing again -- go for a high run by setting up his table and just go at it, no one is stopping that. JS did what he did on his own terms and seems content with the outcome. I don't see why he gets a bite at someone else's golden apple.

Did he invite other guys to go for a run at his venue? Did he leave the table set up and say, "Goferit."

Lou Figueroa

gerryf

Ahh! I see on the AZB forums that there there was a feud between Bobby Chamberlain (wrldpro) and John Schmidt back in 2012.

From ForumGhost516, Jun 20 2012. in a thread titled "John Schmidt Bobby Chamberlain ENOUGH"
"John Bobby no one wants to see either of you leave this forum but you both need to find a way to coexist in a peaceful way here."

This was the year that Schmidt won the 14.1 World Championship, and also the year Schmidt had a 366 run recorded on video. I haven't tried to chase down what the dispute was about.

Now, with John Schmidt setting a world 14.1 high-run record, Bobby wants to establish a forum for beating John Schmidt's record, but he doesn't want Schmidt to participate.

Do I have that right?

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahh! I see on the AZB forums that there there was a feud between Bobby Chamberlain (wrldpro) and John Schmidt back in 2012.

From ForumGhost516, Jun 20 2012. in a thread titled "John Schmidt Bobby Chamberlain ENOUGH"
"John Bobby no one wants to see either of you leave this forum but you both need to find a way to coexist in a peaceful way here."

This was the year that Schmidt won the 14.1 World Championship, and also the year Schmidt had a 366 run recorded on video. I haven't tried to chase down what the dispute was about.

Now, with John Schmidt setting a world 14.1 high-run record, Bobby wants to establish a forum for beating John Schmidt's record, but he doesn't want Schmidt to participate.

Do I have that right?

No, you do not, on several points.

But now is not the time to be getting into bs like that.

Lou Figueroa

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
. . . and their opportunity to be financially compensated for a big run will be more generous than anything that has ever been offered in pool before.
This is so intriguing, Lou. Will that compensation figure or structure be publicly known sometime before the event starts, as deemed appropriate?
In any case I'm sure it's a totally accurate statement and a great hook or tease. Pretty sensible.

Arnaldo

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
*No one* believes you were *ever* capable of running 98 balls at 14.1.

Lou Figueroa
ever
Ok. And? Does it matter? Nope. I would have thought a high-class pr man like yourself wouldn't have time to spend even one word discussing whether I ran 98 30 years ago or not. Is this what you're reduced to after losing every point in your silly quest to denigrate John Schmidt's world record?

And now it appears you and your boss want to exclude John from your run-fest....... Guess that move will cause some work for the pr man.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
That is of no objective. I've been wanting to put together events for at least 15 years and now have the time to do so. Without any doubt the list our committee has put together each and every player has far exceeded Schmidts billiard career. Let's all be logical enough to be positive.
Lolol....... Now John's not good enough for you?

Your "committee" is foolish to not invite and honor the current world record holder.

There is zero logic to it and I can only guess that your itty bitty committee has about three members, Danny, Bobby and Louie.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This is so intriguing, Lou. Will that compensation figure or structure be publicly known sometime before the event starts, as deemed appropriate?
In any case I'm sure it's a totally accurate statement and a great hook or tease. Pretty sensible.

Arnaldo
Of course it won't. His boss talks a big game but they know full well they aren't really looking to pay out.

That's why, imo, bobby is chirping about trying to establish 768 as the high run so that he hopes John's record is beat but not 768 so no payday.

Just going to be another gimmick mind-screw is my thought here.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Do I have that right?
Almost right....... Both Lou and Danny also had disputes with John. What are the odds that these three want John to have any shot at their high run show and taking Bobby's cash?

That would be the trifecta of karmic justice and they can't chance it.

Notice the PR man going into full spin mode......

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Personally, I would not invite Mosconi.

And besides, any other player could do his thing again -- go for a high run by setting up his table and just go at it, no one is stopping that. JS did what he did on his own terms and seems content with the outcome. I don't see why he gets a bite at someone else's golden apple.

Did he invite other guys to go for a run at his venue? Did he leave the table set up and say, "Goferit."

Lou Figueroa
Lol you practically destroyed your keyboard with ejaculate when you described seeing mosconi in person and you want us to believe you wouldn't have invited him?

You're slipping pr man.

gerryf

Gerryf: "there was a feud between Bobby Chamberlain (wrldpro) and John Schmidt back in 2012."
JB Cases: "Both Lou and Danny also had disputes with John"
Z Nole: "If JS doesn't get a shot at your event it would appear to be sour grapes on the promoters part"
Lou: "JS did what he did on his own terms and seems content with the outcome. I don't see why he gets a bite at someone else's golden apple."
Bobby: "Without any doubt the list our committee has put together each and every player has far exceeded Schmidts billiard career."

So is that the committee that Bobby's referring to: Him, Lou, and Danny?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Arnaldo

Yes, Arnaldo, the compensation structure will be publicly known before the first attempt is made.

I've seen the payout schedule and it is generous. Very generous.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. And? Does it matter? Nope. I would have thought a high-class pr man like yourself wouldn't have time to spend even one word discussing whether I ran 98 30 years ago or not. Is this what you're reduced to after losing every point in your silly quest to denigrate John Schmidt's world record?

And now it appears you and your boss want to exclude John from your run-fest....... Guess that move will cause some work for the pr man.

It goes to the issue of credibility, which you were the first to raise, questioning whether I'd actually won a state title.

In return I offered photos, a trophy, and newspaper clippings. I also claim a 14.1 run of 112. You can find unedited video of that run on YouTube. You, OTOH, claim a 98 ball 14.1 run, and state titles, with zero evidence. But besides, anyone who has ever seen you play knows that a 98 for you is about as outlandish a claim as a pool player could ever make. Never happened. I'd guess you might have had something in the 40s and even that was probably a fluke, lol.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lolol....... Now John's not good enough for you?

Your "committee" is foolish to not invite and honor the current world record holder.

There is zero logic to it and I can only guess that your itty bitty committee has about three members, Danny, Bobby and Louie.

There are five committee members.

DH, while a fine player, is not affiliated in any way with this endeavor.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course it won't. His boss talks a big game but they know full well they aren't really looking to pay out.

That's why, imo, bobby is chirping about trying to establish 768 as the high run so that he hopes John's record is beat but not 768 so no payday.

Just going to be another gimmick mind-screw is my thought here.

I believe BC's pursuit of possibly enshrining Babe Cranfield's run has nothing to do with WM or JS.

It is about historical accuracy and honoring a record that may have been rightfully earned but wrongfully left to the dustbin of pool history.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost right....... Both Lou and Danny also had disputes with John. What are the odds that these three want John to have any shot at their high run show and taking Bobby's cash?

That would be the trifecta of karmic justice and they can't chance it.

Notice the PR man going into full spin mode......

DH is not affiliated with this project.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol you practically destroyed your keyboard with ejaculate when you described seeing mosconi in person and you want us to believe you wouldn't have invited him?

You're slipping pr man.

I wouldn't invite him because he set the record.

So I would let other players have a go at it. And then, perhaps, if Mosconi's record was exceeded, I might offer Willie a shot to surpass it.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gerryf: "there was a feud between Bobby Chamberlain (wrldpro) and John Schmidt back in 2012."
JB Cases: "Both Lou and Danny also had disputes with John"
Z Nole: "If JS doesn't get a shot at your event it would appear to be sour grapes on the promoters part"
Lou: "JS did what he did on his own terms and seems content with the outcome. I don't see why he gets a bite at someone else's golden apple."
Bobby: "Without any doubt the list our committee has put together each and every player has far exceeded Schmidts billiard career."

So is that the committee that Bobby's referring to: Him, Lou, and Danny?

There is a committee of five.

DH is not affiliated in any way.

Lou Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.