It's never too late to improve, 65 years old and finally won something!

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
439586948_401906729357304_2395568927560364864_n.jpg

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations John. Nice accomplishment and the great thing about accomplishments is that no one can take it away from you.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations John. Nice accomplishment and the great thing about accomplishments is that no one can take it away from you.
John, awesome job! Not nearly the same magnitude as your achievement, but at 67 I’ve had a solid year so far in our weekly 9-ball handicapped tournaments here at Family Billiards.

I’m a top rated player of our 5 handicap ratings and we draw 15-25 players per week. At least a third of which are also top rated players, all between early 20s and early 50s in age.

I’m certainly not the same shotmaker as I was 40+ years ago, but my experience, patience, game strategy and my commitment to grind it out and never give up allows me to compete with and often beat the more gifted younger players, much to their frustration.

There is nothing you can do for the growth of your game as valuable as continuing to compete in tournaments, if possible against players as good or better than yourself!

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Congrats John,

You posted a vid of you shooting balls in from everywhere on the table and you get through the cue ball real well.

Keep it up and continue reaping the rewards of your dedication to the game

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nicely done, sir. At 66, I'm a Medicare newbie just like you. Don't forget that you are still in your prime.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
And to think...there's a thread here about cue makers who can play some...;)