It's not just us sandbagging!

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Looks like our fishing friends do it as well. I wonder if SVB is in a state of mourning?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/02/sport/ohio-fishing-tournament-cheating-scandal-trnd/index.html

1664809732720.png

DryFlyTrout

This isnt the first time something like this has happened. Its probably not the 2nd it's happened either... TD's should be routinely checking all fish weighed in for foreign objects. It's their responsibility to run a event.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is it that the judges, presumably experienced fishermen, couldn't discern the difference between the size of the fish and the weight of the fish? Look at the weights, wouldn't they feel them through the fish's body? And why wouldn't it be routine to open up the winning fish to check for chicanery, like they drug test a horse that wins a race?

With the amount of money involved I'd certainly be suspicious of the judges.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
How is it that the judges, presumably experienced fishermen, couldn't discern the difference between the size of the fish and the weight of the fish? Look at the weights, wouldn't they feel them through the fish's body? And why wouldn't it be routine to open up the winning fish to check for chicanery, like they drug test a horse that wins a race?

With the amount of money involved I'd certainly be suspicious of the judges.
Maybe read the article next time.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so weird that in the last couple of weeks there's been a cheating scandal in chess, poker, and now fishing...what in the wide world of sports is going on?

Fishinguy

so weird that in the last couple of weeks there's been a cheating scandal in chess, poker, and now fishing...what in the wide world of sports is going on?
These guys have been under suspicion of cheating for the last couple of years. They finally caught them this time around. One of them can’t hunt in PA for quite a while for poaching an Amish guy’s trophy breeding buck. Climbed the fence at night, shot it and chopped the head off and left.

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
These guys have been under suspicion of cheating for the last couple of years. They finally caught them this time around. One of them can’t hunt in PA for quite a while for poaching an Amish guy’s trophy breeding buck. Climbed the fence at night, shot it and chopped the head off and left.
That’s messed up.

My brother worked with a guy who had some genetic freak buck that he bred. He made hundreds of thousands of dollars off of his splooge.

Buck’s name was Lex. You could pet the thing and feed it by hand.

When his time was done he had a bunch of frozen sperm and sold him to some private fenced-in hunting thing.

Apparently, bunch of rich jack-holes look through a photo album of deer and pick out the one they want; priced accordingly. Then go out with a “guide” and bag their “trophy”.

I always picture some orthodontist or some shit with Lex on his wall bragging about his trophy. Wish I could be there; “ You didn’t have to shoot it man, all you needed was some Saltine crackers and you could have slit his throat when it was eating out of your hand.”

Fishinguy

That’s messed up.

My brother worked with a guy who had some genetic freak buck that he bred. He made hundreds of thousands of dollars off of his splooge.

Buck’s name was Lex. You could pet the thing and feed it by hand.

When his time was done he had a bunch of frozen sperm and sold him to some private fenced-in hunting thing.

Apparently, bunch of rich jack-holes look through a photo album of deer and pick out the one they want; priced accordingly. Then go out with a “guide” and bag their “trophy”.

I always picture some orthodontist or some shit with Lex on his wall bragging about his trophy. Wish I could be there; “ You didn’t have to shoot it man, all you needed was some Saltine crackers and you could have slit his throat when it was eating out of your hand.”
That’s pretty much what it is. My previous employer made a lot of textured deer feed for them kinds of places. My brother liked going there to see the racks and how they changed from year to year, but at the same time didn’t like the fact that someone was going to see a picture and say I’ll take him. I’ve heard of some ranches letting you “hunt” them in 100 yard by 100 yard pen. Don’t know if it’s true or not since I didn’t see it personally.