Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Just got this from Joe Barringer:

Cue Components
February 12, 2014 SPECIAL ISSUE

Important announcement

This is mainly for our Cue Maker friends and those of you with Ivory cues:

Well, they did it! A new law for a ban on commercial trade of elephant ivory!

Press release:
"Today we are also announcing a ban on the commercial trade of elephant ivory"

Here's the news:
White House Fact Sheet - 2/11/14
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...y-combating-wildlife-trafficking-commercial-b

Well, it's been real gang but it sure does look like they mean business. This may put the kibosh on all ivory products except antique ivory. According to this document, you cannot sell anything containing ivory between states. So, if you have an ivory pool cue in Florida it has to remain in Florida, forever! You can sell pre ban ivory within each state and that's it. In-other-words you can buy & sell within your own state as long as it is pre ban (June 1989) Ivory.

We'll have a regular newsletter with many specials in a few days so stay tuned.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Joe Barringer
http://www.CueComponents.com

Last edited:

The Piper

Get Ugly...
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say I'm saddened by this. I'm far far far from a PETA humper, but the ivory trade has been destroying a species.

I sold all my ivory items years ago, and haven't bought any cues with ivory since.

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'd like to know how they intend to truly enforce this...but it doesn’t sadden me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ummm, I think this is the perfect place to post this article. I've been on the F/S section for 3 weeks and haven't been to the main section in a month or so. Jeez!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Thanks for the info, some people never go to main forums so dont feel sorry rayjay

That's why I posted it here, no worries, not sorry at all. If this bothers the real authorities, I'm sure they'll hear about it.
:D
I can't find dates of implementation so who knows when this will take effect. There's been some suggestions that this is all just "strategy" at this point, and will be further clarified.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Did I miss something.....was someone selling something or looking to buy anything?
Please post it in the Main Forum instead of the wrong section.

Thanks

jmizzo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Were you and Kot aware that we actually have Mods?

I do think this is information that is pertinent to selling cues across state lines, but my opinion doesn't matter.

There is though a place that you guys can report the post instead of policing the forum and bumping all the threads you police. That is the appropriate action.

Did I miss something.....was someone selling something or looking to buy anything?

Thanks

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
eBay no longer allows any listings that include Ivory, regardless of how much
proof you have of it's origin and timeline. They recently pulled my knife listings
that referenced Pre-historic Mastadon Dusk, stating they don't care how old it
is and, if I listed them again they would close my account of 19 yrs., 100% Feedback,
and well over $2m in sales.
I fully understand and support the protection of Elephants, but 25,000 yr. old
Mastadon Tusk does not fit their criteria.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm looking for cues and please do not excuse or justify a blatant violation of a fundamental rule for this section of the Forum.
I concur about the importance of the subject matter but please do it according to the rules of the Forum.

While some may feel this is a subject that deserves to be in this section, probably because it's the most popular for viewing, it is a rules violation
and that should not be allowed regardless of how passionate any may feel about this matter.

And the Moderators are buried with things to do and of course, rules violations are reported like with this one. Nonetheless, obey the current Forum
rules and so post this everywhere allowed on the other various sections but keep it off this section until the current rules are changed or modified.
Kot_Bigmote did it the right way by posting this in the Main Forum and please follow his exemplary demeanor for your future posts on this topic.

Matt B.

Last edited:

azdiamondbacks1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
eBay no longer allows any listings that include Ivory, regardless of how much
proof you have of it's origin and timeline. They recently pulled my knife listings
that referenced Pre-historic Mastadon Dusk, stating they don't care how old it
is and, if I listed them again they would close my account of 19 yrs., 100% Feedback,
and well over $2m in sales.
I fully understand and support the protection of Elephants, but 25,000 yr. old
Mastadon Tusk does not fit their criteria.

I just did a Ebay search of " Ivory Cue " and 29 cues are listed for sale.
If what you say is true, it appears ebay has some work to do.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
I'm looking for cues and please do not excuse or justify a blatant violation of a fundamental rule for this section of the Forum.
I concur about the importance of the subject matter but please do it according to the rules of the Forum.

While some may feel this is a subject that deserves to be in this section, probably because it's the most popular for viewing, it is a rules violation
and that should not be allowed regardless of how passionate any may feel about this matter.

And the Moderators are buried with things to do and of course, rules violations are reported like with this one. Nonetheless, obey the current Forum
rules
and so post this everywhere allowed on the other various sections but keep it off this section until the current rules are changed or modified.

Matt B.

...obey the forum rules...ALL of them..., as in AZB Wanted/For Sale section rule per the sticky from Jerry Forsyth:

#8) Everyone is expected to participate in a civil manner and if there are violations, you may report them anonymously via the "report post " button in the upper right hand corner of each post.

Just my opinion, but this particular law is EXTREMELY important to everyone who builds or buys/sells cues...it seems, to me, that this forum would be an extremely important venue for the info, while I also believe it belongs in some of the other sections as well....but then, I also believe in Santa Claus and The Tooth Fairy....

Joe

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Just got this from Joe Barringer:

Cue Components
February 12, 2014 SPECIAL ISSUE

Important announcement

This is mainly for our Cue Maker friends and those of you with Ivory cues:

Well, they did it! A new law for a ban on commercial trade of elephant ivory!

Press release:
"Today we are also announcing a ban on the commercial trade of elephant ivory"

Here's the news:
White House Fact Sheet - 2/11/14
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...y-combating-wildlife-trafficking-commercial-b

Well, it's been real gang but it sure does look like they mean business. This may put the kibosh on all ivory products except antique ivory. According to this document, you cannot sell anything containing ivory between states. So, if you have an ivory pool cue in Florida it has to remain in Florida, forever! You can sell pre ban ivory within each state and that's it. In-other-words you can buy & sell within your own state as long as it is pre ban (June 1989) Ivory.

We'll have a regular newsletter with many specials in a few days so stay tuned.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Joe Barringer
http://www.CueComponents.com

Thanks for the posting in this forum...good information for the uninformed especially since some of us don't venture into the "Main Forum" section. If the mods think this is not appropriate then I'm sure they will remove it.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0

Thanks

Lol, yes, you missed the point that anybody on AZB that buys or sells anything with ivory in it had better know about this, and many here do not go to the main forum.