Jack Justis Case • Zipper on cue case not working.

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
Nothing but comedians on AZB tonight. :D

On a serious note though...on one of my phone calls to Jack he told me to tell you that in the pocket of Earls' beekeeper outfit there might be some wax you can put on your zipper.

You should call him to see if he can fix the zipper for you.

:rolleyes:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
On a serious note though...on one of my phone calls to Jack he told me to tell you that in the pocket of Earls' beekeeper outfit there might be some wax you can put on your zipper.

The chapstick is working just fine. :D

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
Some very good info on zipper repair. Good post Joey.

It is great that you got it working because it is really a pain to replace zippers and sliders in cue cases.

Alternatively people can try a snap on slider called Zlide-On. Google it to find where to get them.

Thanks for the info on the Zlide-On.....I have an old It's George case with a broken zipper I'm going to see if one of these will fix.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

I had a similar thought, and didn't get to the keyboard fast enough :rotflmao1:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thanks for the info on the Zlide-On.....I have an old It's George case with a broken zipper I'm going to see if one of these will fix.

You're welcome. Matt from CueSight told me that they work great. The only issue is that because of the way they are made you will need to get a little ring or something to use for the zipper pull.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What makes a good thread? Posts like this....lmao again.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'd like to fix the zipper on my cue case.....
....but I don't know jack...:eek::angry::eek:

any ideas?

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
A Q-Tip and a dab of Vaseline, should work. No more than a dab, though.
A smidgen might be too much, but then again, a mite could be just right.
A wee bit would work depending on the size of the zipper, but then just a mere scintilla could be the answer. Good luck. :)

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Try going to the Premiere Shoe Doctor in your town.

If that doesn't work, get on the Internet and finally find a local repair shop that can replace the zipper (they may not know what they will have to charge you until asking where you live).

If that doesn't work, then try calling Jack. He has warranty, and he may even have some suggestions on how you can fix it yourself over the phone.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Try going to the Premiere Shoe Doctor in your town.

If that doesn't work, get on the Internet and finally find a local repair shop that can replace the zipper (they may not know what they will have to charge you until asking where you live).

If that doesn't work, then try calling Jack. He has warranty, and he may even have some suggestions on how you can fix it yourself over the phone.

I think he should try and call Jack first.

Jack might know the name of a local repair shop that can point him in the direction of a Premier Shoe Doctor. Not that it's any of my bees wax.

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Duct Tape

Joey ,you got alot of miles on that case. It may be time for a new one or ......

duct tape 2.jpg

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I just got off the phone with Jack Justice, and he said try a wee dab of Vaseline on a Q-Tip. :smile:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Joey ,you got alot of miles on that case. It may be time for a new one or ......

View attachment 284291

I've thought a lot about getting a new case. If I get another it will have to be a JB Case. I've seen too many of his highly decorated cases and well built cases not to try one. It would probably just say JoeyA.

I feel honored to have given tribute to our military through my Jack Justis POW-MIA cue case and Mike Bender POW-MIA cue but feel like a change might be due. (For now the zipper is working just fine :) )

JoeyA

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This thread has me thinking about how to do the zippers so that the sliders could be easily replaced. Not sure what if anything I will come up with. I will let it percolate for a while. Thing is that zipper sliders are usually not especially easy to thread onto a zipper before it's sewn and with the way cue case pockets are made it might be really tough no matter how we do it.

That said I have had zippers repaired in the field by competent luggage repair shops so it can be done.