Jasmin, the Queen of Green

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I always liked this girl's style. The first time I saw her, I said this girl is a real pool player. She gets after it!

Now, she is mixing it up with the guys and taking no prisoners. I have to give her props for making the final sixteen in a stellar field. This is no mean feat. I can see Jeanie Balukas somewhere high in the stands, smiling broadly. She was the only other woman I ever saw who would tangle with the big boys at 14.1, and whip some butt too.

I like any gal who isn't afraid to get in there with the men and shoot some pool. Jeanette and Karen are at the top of my list. I've often said, there is NO mental or physical reason why a woman can't play as good as any man. And that is one of the beauties of our sport. It IS an equal playing field.

And now for my outrageous prediction. You can spell it Orcollo or you can spell it Orcullo, but either way you spell it, it means GREATNESS! I love the way this guy is willing to globetrot everywhere (now that he can) and take on the best players at any game. He couldn't spell Straight Pool a year ago. He saw it at Derby City and decided to give it a try.

I still think he has the sweetest game around, notwithstanding the fact that he lost to Corteza and Yang in money games this year. Somehow, I think he will have the best and longest career of any of them. And I look for Dennis and Shane to tangle often over the years. I hope I am there to see it.
 
jay helfert said:
I always liked this girl's style. The first time I saw her, I said this girl is a real pool player. She gets after it!

Now, she is mixing it up with the guys and taking no prisoners. I have to give her props for making the final sixteen in a stellar field. This is no mean feat. I can see Jeanie Balukas somewhere high in the stands, smiling broadly. She was the only other woman I ever saw who would tangle with the big boys at 14.1, and whip some butt too.

I like any gal who isn't afraid to get in there with the men and shoot some pool. Jeanette and Karen are at the top of my list. I've often said, there is NO mental or physical reason why a woman can't play as good as any man. And that is one of the beauties of our sport. It IS an equal playing field.

And now for my outrageous prediction. You can spell it Orcollo or you can spell it Orcullo, but either way you spell it, it means GREATNESS! I love the way this guy is willing to globetrot everywhere (now that he can) and take on the best players at any game. He couldn't spell Straight Pool a year ago. He saw it at Derby City and decided to give it a try.

I still think he has the sweetest game around, notwithstanding the fact that he lost to Corteza and Yang in money games this year. Somehow, I think he will have the best and longest career of any of them. And I look for Dennis and Shane to tangle often over the years. I hope I am there to see it.
The three you mentioned(Jasmin,Dennis,Shane)are definately the future of pool.I like all of their styles.
But if I had to sit and watch a 5 hour match in a hot humid room where the players had to cool down by slowly rubbing icecubes on their chest and neck and lips,sweat beads running down their soft inner thigh while playing in lingerie I would have to pick Dennis.:eek: :eek:
Just kidding,Jasmin rocks.There is nothing more sexy than a female pool player who can kick a mans ass.:D
 
Last edited:
Dennis was practicing 14.1 at Q-Masters before the weenie beenie tournament, and was running rack after rack after rack, etc. I've heard his career high is 93 in competition; he easily ran more than that in his first practice session there a few weeks back, so I would have to pull for him against anybody right now.
 
jay helfert said:
I always liked this girl's style. The first time I saw her, I said this girl is a real pool player. She gets after it!

Now, she is mixing it up with the guys and taking no prisoners. I have to give her props for making the final sixteen in a stellar field. This is no mean feat. I can see Jeanie Balukas somewhere high in the stands, smiling broadly. She was the only other woman I ever saw who would tangle with the big boys at 14.1, and whip some butt too.

I like any gal who isn't afraid to get in there with the men and shoot some pool. Jeanette and Karen are at the top of my list. I've often said, there is NO mental or physical reason why a woman can't play as good as any man. And that is one of the beauties of our sport. It IS an equal playing field.
Jay,

Jasmin will be "mixing it up with the guys" next month at Turning Stone along with Karen Corr, Julie Kelly and Liz Ford.., and AccuStats will be there to tape it.., I'm looking forward to this one!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jasmin Ouschan - Turning Stone Classic IX

Austria’s Jasmin Ouschan has joined the list of confirmed players competing in the upcoming Turning Stone Classic IX event.., Jasmin won the BCA Open 9-Ball Championship in 2006 and placed third behind Allison Fisher and Karen Corr at the BCA Open 9-Ball Championship in 2007.., Last April, Jasmin won the first annual MBC ESPN Women's World Pool Cup played in Seoul, Korea and was runner-up at the WPBA San Diego Classic to Kelly Fisher.., Jasmin is a two-time Women’s European Champion, competes regulary with the men of the European Pocket Billiard Federation on the EuroTour and said, "my goal is to be one of the best players in the world and also to try to challenge the best male players in the world".


Photo courtesy of Rick Schmitz

All ages are welcome in the Event Center at Turning Stone and spectator admission is FREE.
 
Same look, same style, same character.

terminator3.jpg
 
NervousNovice said:
Same look, same style, same character.

terminator3.jpg

PERFECT COMPAISON, NervousNovice. The Terminator III lady is Kristanna Loken. I knew the first time I saw Jasmin that she looked like an actress. You nailed it. Jasmin "The Terminator" Ouschan.
 
Last edited:
New Interest in 14 - 1 ....

I truly hope these young, vibrant players will trigger a new surge in popularity for Straight Pool in the USA ... It once was the Pinnacle of Pool and, regardless of what many would tell you, is worthy of again attracting large crowds of spectators here in the USA ... I have followed John Schmidt's rapidly rising career from the beginning and feel he is a true ambassador for all Billiards Sports, along with Jasmine and so many others ... Let's keep the Ball(s) "rolling" and look forward to a bright future for 14-1 ...
 
I've only seen a bit of Jasmine on Youtube, but I thought she was a very fluid player. Two years running and she has made it to the last 16 in the world 14.1 championship. I would love to see her win it one year. Though I don't know how likely it is, it would still be cool.

Dennis Orcullo became one of my favorite players after watching his match with Steve Davis in the group stages of the WPC. Great player and great personality. He is definitely a star.
 
Back
Top