Jay Helfert's book - available for Christmas!

cigardave said:
I hope to see at least one chapter entitled... They called me Toupee, it's roots and related stories . :grin-square:

It's in there, not a full chapter mind you, but a few paragraphs explaining how it happened, and who labeled me with that name. And it wasn't Freddie or Danny D. either. :smile:
 
Spade said:
Will the book explain what happened to the LA Expo/Tournaments? I thought it was a good idea but maybe there isnt enough pool interest on the west coast

Also covered, but not in great detail.
 
JAM said:
One thing I would suggest is to have another set of eyes READ and PROOF your draft copy before submitting it to the publisher. :smile:

Though it may cost you a little, it will be WELL WORTH it as far as the end product. Once it goes to the publisher, it's too late. There's nothing worse than reading a book, newspaper, or magazine with typos, spelling errors, and poor punctuation structure, IMHO!

JAM


Thanks Jam, you got the job. Where do I send it to? I have 80 pages sitting on my desk now. :)
 
Patrick Johnson said:
A rule of thumb: If it's a complete sentence, punctuate it inside the quotes. If not, don't.

He said, "This is a complete sentence."

He said this is not a "complete sentence".

pj
chgo


This used to be a way to let you know if a reporter or anyone was pulling
parts of quotes to be used for an agenda. Such as quotes from movie reviews. Could have been a bad review with one good part. Someone would pull the good few words and use them.

However, now it seems that there is little integrity when placing quotes.
 
Back
Top