Jayson Shaw 14.1 Run Story to Air on "60 Minutes"

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I'm not looking for diddly do-da.

I just think it'll be a good all around bump for pool in general.

Lou Figueroa

Then sell the story about 50K matches, strippers and lots of famous people having orgies.

That will bump pool faster than some pool player promos.

Headlines Read: Celebrities and Athletes caught in private sex party hosted during pool tournament.

Hero worshipping a few players only goes so far.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...didn't miss it,
kept tooling back and forth between the Kroger Alberson merger hearings to see the football games were consequential, the French are in a twist with voice mail having a far-reaching impact.
Probably would have missed if it were not for the post up here, seemed like in the end the food merger and pool have similar challenge's - who gains the advantage through marketing, media and money.
That outfit from over there has the advantage, Shane has the advantage over the noise from out there, on the to be the big stage, just a guess...

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some screen shots.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_6531.jpg
    IMG_6531.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6530.jpg
    IMG_6530.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6526.jpg
    IMG_6526.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6518.jpg
    IMG_6518.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6514.jpg
    IMG_6514.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6507.jpg
    IMG_6507.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6511.jpg
    IMG_6511.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 42

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was glad they recognized the importance of shedding the hustling and gambling image of pool. It was also good to hear Emily's take on her vision and I appreciate what she's trying to do for the sport, starting with how the players look. Wouldn't that be something if the US Open title carried a $1M payday?

dquarasr

Registered
As much as I am cringing writing this because it can be interpreted as politically incorrect, I think having Emily interviewed as a strong female influencer of pool will also help contradict pool’s darker image held by the general population, much like the ascent of women competitors did in the 90s.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As much as I am cringing writing this because it can be interpreted as politically incorrect, I think having Emily interviewed as a strong female influencer of pool will also help contradict pool’s darker image held by the general population, much like the ascent of women competitors did in the 90s.
You should cringe because you're being politically correct, not the opposite. You still make a good point, about Emily being a strong positive influence. At least for the time being.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
... Let's hope 60 minutes stays true to their word. I'm slightly optimistic, but I would wager they will brush across the subject in the interview no matter how briefly it may be.
As I predicted...but I was wrong about just brushing across gambling. It was the subject! I will say the tone was positive overall, so I think they did a fine service to the pool community. We must always remember-criminals will be criminals. Whether it is a pool game or a poker game or just walking down the street, if someone wants to rob you they will. The back rooms draw different people for different reasons, but the common denominator is always the money.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I think she is a great spokesperson for the game. I liked her response to the idea of the backroom gambling. No wasting time and resources on compliance or enforcement, just a recognition that success will remove the need for alternative revenue streams for the players.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
If the segment is available some place to watch like Utube.

Please link.

Pieces of the segment of SVB, Jayson or Emily talking are all over the internet.

All CBS did was talk over the footage and put sales person with the cue sales staff superstars.