Jayson Shaw

Podunker

Strange how the inner id comes back to haunt.
1. Jayson Shaw literally cries to Emily about the pressures of competing in an interview.

2. In another interview he tells how much Earl helped him when he had no home. Lived with him. Taught him volumes about championship billiards.

3. Tries to publicly tear down his mentor in the largest press conference in the sport. Beats his chest and boasts about his straight-shooting ability, while his sobby towel is barely dry.

4. Man with divine talent looking like a head lighted deer struggling to chalk the cue. Karma's a bitch.

I just thought publicly baiting Earl was classless.

Podunker

I feel a little trollish and embarrassed. If anyone knows how to take this down please. do. Jayson Shaw doesn't need my comments.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel a little trollish and embarrassed. If anyone knows how to take this down please. do. Jayson Shaw doesn't need my comments.
Don't be too hard on yourself. I agree with both of your sentiments – the arrogance and cruelness of Shaw, especially in regards to Earl, and that you probably don't want to be "that guy" on the forum.

In truth, Shaw's demeanor and barking have rubbed me the wrong way - really talented player, but...

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked the post. But if you need to take it down, you can always edit it and delete all of the words from the post.

CanadianGuy

Shaw did not appear sincere to me in that interview culminating with the whole "i was jumped and had to quit snooker" bs
innocent victim.....right

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strange how the inner id comes back to haunt.
1. Jayson Shaw literally cries to Emily about the pressures of competing in an interview.

2. In another interview he tells how much Earl helped him when he had no home. Lived with him. Taught him volumes about championship billiards.

3. Tries to publicly tear down his mentor in the largest press conference in the sport. Beats his chest and boasts about his straight-shooting ability, while his sobby towel is barely dry.

4. Man with divine talent looking like a head lighted deer struggling to chalk the cue. Karma's a bitch.

I just thought publicly baiting Earl was classless.
I agree. I like Jayson, but he's gotta be feeling it now.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Him going after Earls shoe was childish.

I don't mind the other trash talk except for the fact that Earl takes it so bad, but let's face it, Earl is very often talking crap or whining to his opponents, so maybe it seems like fair play to me.
Speaking of shoes, i think that was the first time i've seen Shane wear non black-dark shoes whilie playing. Other than in the summer.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For sure, finally beating SVB after 27 tries at those long races and now he's God's gift to balls and sticks... I especially thought he was shite calling out Earls WC's... doesn't matter what the pockets were, everyone else played on the same table as he did and he still won, dunno 3-5 WC's including other games than 9 ball... what ya got Shawlky... GOOSE EGG!!!! that's what. hahaha
having fun guys. GEAUX USA!

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I lost some respect for Jayson for his cockiness and big mouth during the press conference.
I am glad he lost on day one. Here's a set of horns for Jayson for the rest of the cup. 🤘

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Shaw's comments are usually just bluster. I don't care for it myself, but still enjoy watching him play. He is so talented- he makes pool look so easy.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I lost some respect for Jayson for his cockiness and big mouth during the press conference.
I am glad he lost on day one. Here's a set of horns for Jayson for the rest of the cup. 🤘
I wonder if they were directed by MR to "mix it up" a little during the presser. Create some drama, so to speak.
I think Shaw's comments are usually just bluster. I don't care for it myself, but still enjoy watching him play. He is so talented- he makes pool look so easy.
Same here. I think he like poking the bear, and probably doesn't take himself too seriously in real life. That's how he seems to me at least.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Keep in mind guys that Matchroom is, to a degree, trying to stir it up like what we often see in a pre-fight press conference where the combatants talk smack at each other. I think they're trying to create a sort of WWF vibe at MC for ratings.

These guys are certainly competitive and obv can get emotional but in addition to that, they are def friends.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Shaw needs a Little Debbie sponsorship.

1669912809665.png