JCIN - Is evertyhing still a go? omgwtf v cubc match

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cubc said:
...Well I'll be heading out of here in a few ;)

Be sure to wear comfortable shoes. Don't try to dress up for the TAR cameras. Wear a shirt that is comfortable and free-flowing.

Make sure your pants don't pinch your belly and are an appropriate length. You don't want to trip on the pants as you're moseying around the table.

The sleeves on your shirt should be a comfortable length, so that they don't interfere with your stroke. There's nothing worse than having a sleeve fall down mid-stroke.

Bring your own chalk, and make sure it's one that is worn down perfectly for your cue.

When you first arrive, practice lagging on the designated table. That way, you just might win the lag. Every little bit helps!

Oh, yeah. Always check the rack each and every time. Even if you don't know what to look for, it lets your opponent know you're watching their every move.

This is my checklist for my boyfriend, and so I am sharing it with you! :p

JAM

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Be sure to wear comfortable shoes. Don't try to dress up for the TAR cameras. Wear a shirt that is comfortable and free-flowing.

Make sure your pants don't pinch your belly and are an appropriate length. You don't want to trip on the pants as you're moseying around the table.

The sleeves on your shirt should be a comfortable length, so that they don't interfere with your stroke. There's nothing worse than having a sleeve fall down mid-stroke.

Bring your own chalk, and make sure it's one that is worn down perfectly for your cue.

When you first arrive, practice lagging on the designated table. That way, you just might win the lag. Every little bit helps!

Oh, yeah. Always check the rack each and every time. Even if you don't know what to look for, it lets your opponent know you're watching their every move.

JAM

He told me he has some nice Nike Shox ready with jeans and a short sleeve shirt. 3 things on your checklist!

I do disagree with the "Don't try to dress up for the TAR cameras. " idea. You never know, THOUSANDS of people could be watching him look like a bum!

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
JAM said:

JAM

He's got the nuts JAM, why not encourage him to wear the right pants to show them off?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
She then mustered the heart and courage to make TWO very difficult run outs with the whole crowd on the edge of their seats.

I thought sure you were going to say "she mustered the courage to ketchup."

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friend said I should wear a cape. He said theres a lot of good pool players, and that watching another good pool player isnt that exciting. But watching someone wearing a cape would be much more interesting. And the person that lost would have to tell people "yes I lost to the one in the cape".

Needless to say I will use no cape :p.

Thanks for the tips JAM. That's just basic gambling sense though :) OH also we're playing rack your own. And I'm a crappy racker so I have to deal with my own slugs! :D

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
JAM said:

JAM

Ah, JAM. I mean this in the nicest way................SHUT UP you face.
I can tell who you bet on, but some of us took 'the other side'.....
Let him be uncomfortable and trip all he likes.... dammit !

Doug
( not saying who I put my v-cash on ) :)

Edited to add: Now, I hope that OMGWTF wears high heeled shoes, a bikini and a lei....maybe the black Kukui Nut Ficus Lei.
Shown here: http://www.hawaiianleicompany.com/?...C=standard&OVADID=512872021&OVKWID=1759125021

Last edited:

D Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but can anyone tell me what time the match starts tomorrow?

After all the hype, I'll be pissed if I can't catch at least a few minutes...

Thanks in advance!

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
go get the $$

Thats some great advice Jammy Jam. Especially about getting in the habit of checking the rack. I don't really like 'dressing up' for a big match because you are automatically out of your element. Not to mention the cameras and what not (unless of course you practice dressed up which is also a good idea). Just be comfortable. The faster you can settle down and focus on the task infront of you the faster you can get into stroke.

Should be a great match either way. But I got my money on CubC. Wish I were there!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Ah, JAM. I mean this in the nicest way................SHUT UP you face.
I can tell who you bet on, but some of us took 'the other side'.....
Let him be uncomfortable and trip all he likes.... dammit !

Doug
( not saying who I put my v-cash on ) :)

Edited to add: Now, I hope that OMGWTF wears high heeled shoes, a bikini and a lei....maybe the black Kukui Nut Ficus Lei.
Shown here: http://www.hawaiianleicompany.com/?...C=standard&OVADID=512872021&OVKWID=1759125021

I ain't got nothing down on this match, but I'm pulling for cubc because he's a "regular" on this forum. You're supposed to always root for the home team!

GO, CUBC, GO!

JAM

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
We are here. I have the $2K post money in my pocket right now. It is 5:38 AM in Vegas and I have been in the TARPIT since 4 this afternoon. I will be there to make sure the room is open and get everytghing running on the stream at noon today.

The room is open right now because Nasty is in there but he has been sick the last few days so he may not stay up until I get back at noon. If you get in and the door isnt open do not freak out I will be there at noon.

You guys are slated to start at 1 PM if you want to practice I would suggest you be there at noon.