Jensen or Joss or ??

hylander

Not sure what we have here but some have suggested Jensen or Joss... No logo or any marks on the butt. Anyone know or have another suggestion...
5/16 x 14 join
facebook_1597275053383_6699457145505006700001.jpg
20230320_153642.jpg
20230320_153524.jpg
20230320_153514.jpg
t

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
To me it has an It's George look about it with the solid (not notched) rounded ivory diamonds, the maple dash rings, and 5/16 14 joint.

best,
brian kc

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t recall ever seeing a buzz-ring at the a-joint on an old Joss.

Louisiana seems like the right area.

Maybe Mike Wheeler?

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its neither of those.
Yeah I know little about customs. Took a stab at Tad because of the long butt cap and the lacquered linen. Huebler because of the big checks on joint collars. Also the bumper reminded me of the bumper on my Huebler sneaky.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I know little about customs. Took a stab at Tad because of the long butt cap and the lacquered linen. Huebler because of the big checks on joint collars. Also the bumper reminded me of the bumper on my Huebler sneaky.
Huebler didn't use piloted joints. Not even remotely like a Huebler.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huebler didn't use piloted joints. Not even remotely like a Huebler.
That metal pilot collar reminded me of the way they rig the weight in. The big chex reminded me of some Hueblers that were circulating in the 70s. They had gaudy collars that were too long to boot.
Anyway I've not heard of Jensen and I imagine Joss people would be easy to get a hold of. Still looks like a prototype or some cuemaker's education.