Jeremy Jones taking over for Earl on team

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe he mouthed off to someone. Who knows. It's just odd. He's practiced with the whole team all week. If he was exposed, the rest of the team was exposed. Kind of dumb to single him out.
I know it sounds stupid i agree but that's how they do it. Its based on distance and length of exposure. The UK is on pins-n-needles because of the south afric. variant. They aren't taking chances apparently.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has to do with how close someone was. I know it sound stupid i agree but that's how they do it. Its based on distance and length of exposure. The UK is on pins-n-needles because of the south afric. variant. They aren't taking chances apparently.
Guess common sense is out the window. "IF" he was exposed and infected, they're all infected now.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess common sense is out the window. "IF" he was exposed and infected, they're all infected now.
i assume disease tracing work by what can be seen by gvt agencies, like who has been on a flight, not who has been in a pool hall

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has to do with how close someone was. I know it sound stupid i agree but that's how they do it. Its based on distance and length of exposure. The UK is on pins-n-needles because of the south afric. variant. They aren't taking chances apparently.
Right, it’s not perfect but there’s no need for conspiracy theories (but they seem impossible to resist for lots of people when it comes to covid). I had an exposure to someone who tested positive a few weeks ago, and I got tested and since I was vaxxed and tested negative, I didnt need to quarantine any longer. A quick check of UK rules show that it’s similar there, i.e., if he was vaccinated he probably wouldn’t need to quarantine. But if it’s a suspected omicron exposure even if you are vaxxed you need to quarantine, so who knows.

edit: I was just trying to read the UK exposure quarantine rules, and it says that you need to have been vaccinated in the UK to avoid quarantine, so probably his vax status is irrelevant because it would have been done in the US. That seems like a strange rule.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Everybody's definition of close contact is different. I sat shoulder to shoulder and shared a computer with a guy last year that tested positive(from a test he took when he arrived, results 3 days later) and they told us if we didn't drink from the same bottle or sleep together we wouldn't even be tested( I wasn't tested 🤣)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know all(any really) of the details and i'm not going to speculate or throw gas on any conspiracy dumpster fire. MR was hoping he would add excitement to the event so i don't believe there's any reason for them to be involved. Why would they? Not knocking JJ's game but he's like bland white bread compared to Earl.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know all(any really) of the details and i'm not going to speculate or throw gas on any conspiracy dumpster fire. MR was hoping he would add excitement to the event so i don't believe there's any reason for them to be involved. Why would they? Not knocking JJ but he's like bland white bread compared to Earl.
I hear you. I've just grown leery of anything COVID related of late. So much false information has been spewed by government agencies I take everything I read with a grain of salt. This is no different.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't expect Earl to grow up?

Douche move to attack someone at a pool tourney.

The only reason Earl keeps doing that is because people like you enable him.
WTF???? I'didn't pick him nor would i have given that chance.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He should never have been on the team in the first place. The US team is better off without him.
I agree he shouldn't have been picked but i don't see how JJ playing is going to make the team better. To be honest it probably isn't going to change final score much. It just sucks the way this played out regardless of your stance on Earl.