Jeremy Jones taking over for Earl on team

realtor1618

Registered
He should never have been on the team in the first place. The US team is better off without him
I didn’t think he earned his spot based on his recent play, but i dont think they’re better off without him now. I would take Earl over JJ any day shooting 9 ball. Especially since Earl has been practicing like crazy while JJ has been focused on being the coach.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Ugh man - I hope this doesn't mean he's out the entire $15K or $30K. It seemed to me like placing Earl on the team was part acknowledgement of his historical draw for MC viewership, part swan song as Earl gets older and young talent fills the gaps and its increasingly unlikely Earl makes future teams, and part good gesture to get him some probably needed money into his pockets.

Godspeed, Earl.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess common sense is out the window. "IF" he was exposed and infected, they're all infected now.
He is documented as a possible exposure only.

His teammates aren't possible exposures as a result of the same event as Earl, unless Earl is confirmed to have the covids.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just contacted a few on this, a couple are well known Euro area players. Because Earl hasn't been vaccinated he has to isolate. The others have been so they do not have to isolate based on a close contact.
From the gov.uk website. How did Earl get around the UK requirements for non-vaccinated travelers?

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 11.50.00 AM.png

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Garbage. He was in close proximity to all of the players on the team. My money is on something else.
This is what I'm saying, Im so confused... He's been around everyone else plus incubation period. Was it he started playing bad and couldn't hack the pressure put on him, a lot of the promotions and words going around were about him. Something is really really fishy.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the gov.uk website. How did Earl get around the UK requirements for non-vaccinated travelers?

View attachment 618910
There's an exception for international sprts participants. Says you can go back and forth between training area and event site only. You do have to quarantine tho. MR must have made this call because based on the regs. i read he could still practice and play. https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...vid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules Its under 'Elite sportspersons-international'.

Last edited:

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think this change has any significance on the outcome of this competition, but it is too bad. Many of us were eagerly anticipating Earl‘s performance as well as whether he’d be able to maintain his composure.

I sure hope Jeremy has been in practice over the last few weeks/months, which I kind of doubt since 100% of his focus has been on preparing the 5 players on the
Right, it’s not perfect but there’s no need for conspiracy theories (but they seem impossible to resist for lots of people when it comes to covid). I had an exposure to someone who tested positive a few weeks ago, and I got tested and since I was vaxxed and tested negative, I didnt need to quarantine any longer. A quick check of UK rules show that it’s similar there, i.e., if he was vaccinated he probably wouldn’t need to quarantine. But if it’s a suspected omicron exposure even if you are vaxxed you need to quarantine, so who knows.

edit: I was just trying to read the UK exposure quarantine rules, and it says that you need to have been vaccinated in the UK to avoid quarantine, so probably his vax status is irrelevant because it would have been done in the US. That seems like a strange rule.
So he has been in contact with the rest of USA players so how does that work ?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what I'm saying, Im so confused... He's been around everyone else plus incubation period. Was it he started playing bad and couldn't hack the pressure put on him, a lot of the promotions and words going around were about him. Something is really really fishy.
There is a documented traveler with whom Earl shared a flight.

Do you think everyone on that flight now has covid?

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just contacted a few on this, a couple are well known Euro area players. Because Earl hasn't been vaccinated he has to isolate. The others have been so they do not have to isolate based on a close contact.
Ok got it , thanks

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This still makes zero sense. Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you are immune to getting infected. We just had someone here in the pool community pass last week due to COVID and he was vaccinated.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This still makes zero sense. Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you are immune to getting infected. We just had someone here in the pool community pass last week due to COVID and he was vaccinated.
And we haven't even begun to talk about...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't write em, just read em. Because he's un-vaxed and had a 'contact' he must isolate. Based on those UK exceptions i posted he should still be able to play. It says that you can go back and forth to practice and play an event. These may have changed due to omicron idk. Bad deal but no conspiracy.