Jeremy Jones

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Top shelf

I have worked with over 30 co commentators in my life and Jeremy Jones is clearly the best by far. Jeremy understands the game and has a way of articulating intelligent, insightful, commentary in a professional way. He's the Jordan of pool commentators.

Bill Incardona
Billy, With all due respect, I disagree. Jeremy is a friend of mine, like you are, but in my opinion, you are the best. I will put

Jeremy right under you, though.

Jeremy, I think you are the best - but after listening to Billy for years - he is a sentimental favorite.

Best guy in the US IMO, I think it’s because he’s knows all games so well and has played at the highest levels recently. I pretty much mute anyone but him.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Top shelf

I have worked with over 30 co commentators in my life and Jeremy Jones is clearly the best by far. Jeremy understands the game and has a way of articulating intelligent, insightful, commentary in a professional way. He's the Jordan of pool commentators.

Bill Incardona
Bill, Sorry, I like Mark Wilson better but you and Grady were the greatest of all time.
I hosted grady at my home after the 1992 us open straight pool tournament
in NYC at th Roosevelt Hotel. He is a character I'll not forget. As a side note
he ran 92 on my 1926 brunswick regina which was not an easy table

kitsap

Registered
We are fortunate to live in this era of communication, the internet and etc, and to have the benefit of great commentators on pool. Several being discussed here as well as listening to those from years past as the tapes are converted to digital format.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Not much to separate them, but I agree that Billy and Jeremy are America's best commentators. I think I rate Billy just a hair higher, but they are both superb.

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy and JJ are great. I also liked Oscar Dominguez commentary in semi final match at World 10 ball. He was excellent. Would love to see him paired with JJ.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Billy, With all due respect, I disagree. Jeremy is a friend of mine, like you are, but in my opinion, you are the best. I will put

Jeremy right under you, though.

Jeremy, I think you are the best - but after listening to Billy for years - he is a sentimental favorite.
As always "Uncle Robert" is always correct. Mr Bill #1. JJ#2

VVP

Registered
Jeremy Jones has a superb voice and is very knowledgeable of the games. He is very accurate in his commentaries predicting kicks and ball movements after collisions making him a great one pocket commentator.

As a person new to this sport, I like commentators who call the shots in terms of where the cue ball needs to be struck and the expected path afterwards and I think Earl Strickland is the best in the business on this. I look forward to his commentaries on Billiards Network because he helps me visualize the shot before it is made.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeremy Jones has a superb voice and is very knowledgeable of the games. He is very accurate in his commentaries predicting kicks and ball movements after collisions making him a great one pocket commentator.

As a person new to this sport, I like commentators who call the shots in terms of where the cue ball needs to be struck and the expected path afterwards and I think Earl Strickland is the best in the business on this. I look forward to his commentaries on Billiards Network because he helps me visualize the shot before it is made.
I agree! Mike Sigel was another one that I really enjoyed.

Reactions: VVP

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree! Mike Sigel was another one that I really enjoyed.

mike sigel can also be a PITA to listen to. earl atleast takes pride in calling the shots, patterns and sometimes the reasoning behind it.

i think what makes a commentator great, aside from being able to analyze the table, is not having prestige and ego interfering with the commentating. JJ and nick varner are good examples of that, as is alan macmanus in snooker

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I was able to be a commentator on the one pocket match between Chip Compton and Larry Nevel out of high pockets in Memphis and I have nothing but respect for those who do it. It's easy to say things and sound like a fool. My favorite commentator is JJ. His knowledge of the game is second to none and he doesn't come off as condescending like some other commentators do.

Jaden

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Billy and JJ for sure. Billy wins though due to his not raising his voice at the end of his sentences like he's asking a question.
JJ does that and its annoying to me. I feel like I'm listening to a high school girl in that regard.
He's still my 2nd favorite commentator regardless.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I was very impressed with what Nick Schulman brought to the table at the U.S. Open year.

Another combo that is magic is Jeremy and Karl Boyes. Tommy D.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Give me JJ first and then Earl and a few others tying for 2nd. Have to agree with Tommy d nick Shulman was very good