Jim Baxter Shop NOT For Sale .

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
News from The Shop
A few months ago , June , I was feeling pretty bad and anounced I was retiring and was going to sell my Shop .
Beings Facebook did not have the same Politcal veiws as I have , they deleted my account TWICE .
I have no more Political Veiws to share with you ,
As for the shop , I just spent about 2600 bucks in new equipment and that includes a new Lathe .
For Cues , Joint Protectors and Ink Pens . I now have 6 lathes .
My shop is very slow right now , not many know I am Jimbo Baxter . Jim Baxter and James Baxter are no more , had to retire those Guys .
Feeling pretty good , hope to make the shop pay for that new equipment .

Before FaceBook Banned me for my Political Beleifs I was doing 18 to 20 sets of Joint Protectors a month . Now I not so Busy .

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never been on FB, not sure what I missed, I’m fine without it.

Hope all works out for you, you have always had my respect as a cue maker.

Best
Fatboy

PS my dad was raised in Buckley from 1929-1939 roughly. Then he went into WW2.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I had a Q collection I used jim Baxter for many many many sets of JP’s customize to the producers of my Q’s
great quality /superb customer relations/ and I would highly recommend him for anyone looking for joint protectors for your cues
(y)

middleofnowhere

Registered
News from The Shop
A few months ago , June , I was feeling pretty bad and anounced I was retiring and was going to sell my Shop .
Beings Facebook did not have the same Politcal veiws as I have , they deleted my account TWICE .
As for the shop , I just spent about 2600 bucks in new equipment and that includes a new Lathe .
My shop is very slow right now , not many know I am Jimbo Baxter . Jim Baxter and James Baxter are no more , had to retire those Guys .

Before FaceBook Banned me for my Political Beleifs I was doing 18 to 20 sets of Joint Protectors a month . Now I not so Busy .
Never mix politics with business. Never even have a public opinion.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimbo, you may want to revisit the links in your signature...they do not work correctly.

Sorry to read about what Facebook did to you.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I have a sneaking feeling there might be more to this story than he's letting on :ROFLMAO:
You have to be really careful in business. Just the other day I almost sent an email where I said I was sorry for the delay in answering I was recovering from my booster shot.

Last minute in deleted that part. For all I know I may be talking to someone who is a militant antivaxer. Just that comment could cost me thousands of dollars, you never know. Business + politics, religion is a no no.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
The film, The Social Dilemma, lays it all out there about social media and what they are up to. Like just about everything else it's all about the money. What is intriguing is how they go about it, and your post is right on pwd72s.
I don't go to facebook, don't tweet. My only "social media" is enthusiast posting boards like this one. Even that is probably too much exposure for total comfort.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope your new account gets you back the lost business.
I know a minister who was just quoting verses about putting on the whole armor of God and fighting the good fight of faith in his live facebook broadcast on Sunday mornings and he got them deleted. And he only gets a couple of dozen views on average. He complained and was told they had picked up words encouraging violence. It must be e-bots listening to come to that conclusion. I doubt there are too many humans that stupid.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Come over to Non Pool Related right here on azb for "non political" politics.

We hit ideas pretty well over there. Let's have a game, shall we?

Jeff Livingston

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
For those who want to see the quality of "Jimbo Baxter" work, here's a pic of my JP's...he matched the wood and colors of my Josey perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 95

phreaticus

News from The Shop

Great to hear! PM sent

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
News from The Shop

Jim, on average what is the wait time for 2 pairs of JP's (two different cues)? If it helps...probably "medium" complexity...these are only for a couple nice McDermott's.

Thanks - feel free to PM if you prefer.