JImmy Reid needs our help...Please read the whole post......

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
JIMMY REID'S HEALTH IS IN NEED OF A BOOSTER SHOT. This is the URL of Jimmy Reid's latest eBay sale.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/1985usopenchamp

THIS ENTIRE 9 HOUR DVD SERIES IS 70% BELOW SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE AS MARKED, THE ONLY WAY TO FIND THEM CHEAPER WOULD BE TO PURCHASE BOOTLEG COPIES, PLEASE DON'T DO THAT TO JIMMY.

He's recovering for the last year or so from a QUACK ATTACK (Jimmy laughingly calls it)he had undergone some corrective surgery a month ago that's only temporary for now until they can figure out how to undo the errors caused by this quack. Jimmy needs a lot of help right now to pay for the medications needed to get him through this, he wanted me to tell everyone that his last 2 cat scans came back cancer free, he's a fighter and when the doctors told him in January 2006, after they diagnosed 4th stage cancer in the brain and back of the tongue, that he realisticly had only a 10% chance of survival over 2 years, and that the location of the cancer on the back of the tongue is probably the most painful and toughest to recover from, Jimmy in his normal manner said "this cancer couldn't be nearly as tough as following Ronnie Allen playing ring Pay Ball on a 6 X 12 snooker table, I outran that and I'll bet I outrun this cancer too." That's been 3&1/2 years ago.

Jimmy's insurance won't pay for 2 exotic drugs that he's been prescribed, EVOXAC and PROVIGIL. There's no generic for either one and they are a must for Jimmy to be able to function in a normal environment, Jimmy's a proud man and won't ask you guys to help but I'm asking you to go to the link above and buy the DVDs on sale in eBay to help him now, or if you're a personal friend and already own the instructional series, maybe you could PayPal him something $$, anything and send him a get well email to boot. His PayPal email address is jimmyreidpro@bellsouth.net Just go to your PayPal account and click Send money, the email to that address option is there with it.

Jimmy's noon to midnight home phone is 772-807-1262 and he loves to hear from poolplayers on all levels, whether he knows them or not, got a question or need some positive input to boost your confidence before your next match, call Jimmy. He asked me to post this message, use it.

He wants Helena Thornfeldt and Monica Webb to call him, saw something on Monica's TV match that's not correct and wants to explain a lesson to them, he guarantees they'll be chomping at the bit to play anybody, so if you know how to contact them tell them to call Jimmy right away.

Two weeks ago I called Jimmy to say hello and he asked me if I would like to meet him at the pool room the next afternoon just to hit a few balls around for a couple of hours. It's almost a 2 hour drive for me but I jumped at it.

Jimmy looked pretty good and we played, mostly me with Jimmy doing the instructing for 3 hours. He gave me the perfect boost I needed for the confidence level in my game, plus he taught me the ins and outs of his favorite 1, 2, 3 and 4 rail kicking systems, for the right price, he can make himself available for 3 hour lessons, he only charges $200 for 3 hours and money back guarantees the lessons and he will straighten out your game and your mind, no wonder he beat everybody in the world playing all forms of rotation on any table. I expect to see Jimmy competing again some day soon.

He's still a positive force, whether at the table or in the chair, he told me that when playing winner breaks 8, 9, 10 ball or Straight Pool, that while he's in the chair the only thing he thinks about is running the set out his next inning. He knew if he went through his "No Time For Negative" steps at the table, he would win no matter what the last name of his opponent was.

In the last couple of weeks since spending those 3 hours with Jimmy my pool game has improved substantially. Thank you Jimmy Reid. Bless all of you that purchase the DVDs or help Jimmy right now. Jimmy calls you guys the largest widest variety and best family of friends anyone could have, your his family.

Times are tough but the only real problems in life are health problems. Thanking you in advance for helping Jimmy. Yours Cordially, Paul Cobb (Darth) pscobbec@bellsouth.net

Last edited:

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
igot a set

cheers,

looks like a great dvd set. tons of info....

paul,,, practice up.. we might head back to florida next year.

PAt

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I have all of these DVDs, and can tell you that they are very good. In fact, I tell anyone that will listen that these are the best lessons in 1, 2, 3 and 4 rail kicking that can be found in one place, period! My league buddies frequently hear me exclaim "Thank you Jimmy Reid!" after I execute a clutch multi-rail kick to escape a tough safety during league play, and they know exactly what I am talking about. Jimmy's DVDs are a good investment in your game, that's for sure.

Paul, thank you for helping Jimmy out. In fact, you have inspired me to do the same. I have a brand new Jack Justis case that I will raffle off and donate the proceeds to Jimmy. I don't know the man, but he has improved my game WAY more than the purchase price of his DVDs. I owe him. I'll try to get the raffle up this week.

I challenge others to think of ways that they might be of help to Jimmy as well.
Thanks again.
Mr H

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I just bought a set. I had some of his older ones years ago and will probably give these to my son.

robert777

Robert777
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just bought a set after reading Jimmy's auction listing.
A christian as well as a World Class Champion, how could I not!
I know my game could use the help.

Jimmy if you read these posts God's Speed to your full recovery.
:thumbup:
Robert

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just bought a set after reading Jimmy's auction listing.
A christian as well as a World Class Champion, how could I not!
I know my game could use the help.

Jimmy if you read these posts God's Speed to your full recovery.
:thumbup:
Robert
Jimmy blesses you Robert for the kind words and he feels all the prayers that are sent his way.

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm on the road today to make the 150 mile round trip to see Jimmy at his home. He needs some help to relocate some tv sets. I'll post more when I get home.

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm on the road today to make the 150 mile round trip to see Jimmy at his home. He needs some help to relocate some tv sets. I'll post more when I get home.
I spent a few hours with Jimmy after relocating three heavy tv sets for Jimmy and his mother. They are getting ready to move near Atlanta. They will be sharing a large house with Jimmy's sister and her family. Jimmy will have a pool table again and is looking forward to the move. Now I will have a longer commute to visit him but it gives me an excuse to pack the cues for a prolonged road trip.:D

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
how is jimmys health at ths point getting better?
Jimmy's health is about the same. He is holding steady without a lot of stamina. I tried to get him to post on here but he doesn't have enough strength to sit at the computer any longer than to check his e-bay orders. He has to suffer with the PEC tube (feeding tube) for the rest of his life and sitting for any length of time causes it to seep. He still has an incredible wit about him. I actually got him to go hit balls with me at Amy's Billiards in Stuart, Florida last month. After he got his feet wet, he didn't miss a ball for 1/2 hour. I hope it did him some good to get out for a while. Jimmy and I have been friends for a long time and it hurts me to see him in this condition. That's why I am pushing his dvds on here as this is his only means of supporting himself. He lives with his 86 year old mother and needs her help to get around. They are going to be moving to Atlanta in a few months to live with Jimmy's sister and her family. This will ease the burden on his mother. She is a really sweet woman and a pleasure to sit and talk to.

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thirteen days at the bottom of the heap is enough. To the top........:thumbup:

wolfcookie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my set and god bless him ..i not a doctor but why provigle its normaly used for people with narcalipesy sorry about the spelling but it is a drug thats ment to keep you awake..god bless you jimmy and my prayers are with you..

little willie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
god bless you

i remember jimmy when he live here in greenville sc waterdog od and jimmy saved him at hoppy,s poolroom he is a great person talk with him when he was here seen him at derby city i will pray that he gets better i have some of the old tapes myself he is a good teacher and a wonderfull person one of the best players i ever seen may god bless you and take care of you:thumbup:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wish jimmy a happy birthday today one of the all time great players :happy-birthday:::thumbup:

Happy Birthday to Jimmy Reid! He's one of my all-time favorite pool players on the planet.

I have many pictures of Jimmy, but this is one that I really like. It has been fondly named "Three Amigos": Billy Incardona, Keith McCready, and Jimmy Reid. :)

Attachments

• 2004 US Open Incardona Keith Reid.JPG
    2004 US Open Incardona Keith Reid.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 333