Joe Calnan - aka Daytona Joe

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
I was close to Joe Calnan (Daytona Joe). I miss his friendsip, his kindness, and his love for life. When ever there was a person in need, Joe was usually the first person to volunteer his help and his friendship. He was big guy with a big heart and a genuine love for people. He was definitely one of a kind.

Rest in peace.

Photos of DaytonaJoe

DatonaJoe1.jpg

DatonaJoe3.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

Marissa_and_DaytonaJoe.jpg

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
I met Joe just months before he left us. He became a member of a club that I played pool at Greensboro and he joined the inhouse pool league. I wasn't a league member but I got to talk with Joe occassionaly on those league nights and found him to be very friendly and passionate about pool. I really didn't realize how far he reached into the pool world until one day about betting and winning some money on Shane; " You know that deaf kid from Dakota". He was cool guy and he would briung his new girl to the club and he looked like a school kid whenever she was around. He was happy at thgs time in his life, and I was very saddened to hear of his death. May he rest in PEACE.

Lou

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
It will be 2 years next month of his passing. All of the pictures were taken at The Windy City Open, where he worked non-stop for days doing tournament direction.

I miss him so much. Why ya go Joe? I still have a hard time talking about it, and seeing the pictures makes me miss him even more.

ddcuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first time I met him was at the West Coast Challenge in Sarasota, FL. Then again when he moved to NC. Put on two leather wraps for him in Greensboro NC at Shooters.
He had a big love for the game and was always willing to help anyone with their game.
He also spoke of you all the time and your event the Windy City Open.
He said you were like family to him.
He is missed.

ncpoolnut

Registered
How very thoughtful of you Blackjack. Its been 2 years now. I know Eydie said it was this month but actually it was Oct 8,2007 when Joe left us all. I remember those pics from his trips to the Windy City Open. Its nice to see that he is still remembered by so many.
He is missed by us his family also.
Thank you.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
How very thoughtful of you Blackjack. Its been 2 years now. I know Eydie said it was this month but actually it was Oct 8,2007 when Joe left us all. I remember those pics from his trips to the Windy City Open. Its nice to see that he is still remembered by so many.
He is missed by us his family also.
Thank you.

It is hard to believe that it has been 2 years since we lost Joe. He was a class act and one of the nicest people I have ever met through these forums. He was always kind, giving, generous, and smiling whenever you saw him. I really miss him a lot.

RIP, Big Buddy.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
I talked to him several times before he passed. We talked about me building him a cue. He was very much a gentleman and very professional in his dealings with me. Pool needs more like him.