John Schmidt compliments Jayson and the 714 run

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Is it even possible to purchase a copy of John's 626? On line? A DVD? What ever. Many would have and still would be willing and able to buy a copy of it. It makes no sense for something that was and still is a great accomplishment for John for him not to be getting sales $$ for copies of his historic run. I asked on his FB page and never got a response.

nope

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
John has no issue with Jayson, the issue is with Bobby who ran the event. Bobby has been bad mouthing and trash talking John for years. He setup this event for the sole purpose of beating John.
I don't think Jayson has a big issue with John either but he did take a couple of digs at him on the recent Cue It Up podcast. Claimed Johns table had a heater under it. That was the first time I had heard that. I'm sure Bobby was bad mouthing John the whole time Jayson was there. That is where the feud really is.
I give more credit to John for the breaking the record than I do to Jayson. Being the first to do it paves the way for all the others. I don't think Jaysons record will stand as long as Johns.
You are 100% wrong on what you think and what you are saying about Bobby and his events. I've known Bobby his whole life.lol

CaptainBly

Registered
You are 100% wrong on what you think and what you are saying about Bobby and his events. I've known Bobby his whole life.lol
I do not know either individual. Just having a conversation about what is posted, said and heard.
So what am I wrong about?
Bobby and John have a feud, beef or just don't care for each other. True or not?
This event was setup to break the record John set. True or not?
Jayson said John had a heater under his table. True, the words came out of his mouth. You can go listen yourself.
I shouldn't have speculated about the bad mouthing. I wasn't there so I have no way to know and shouldn't have posted that. I apologize for that and will delete it from my post.
What else did I say that was 100% un true?

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Congrats to both, watched Mosconi when I was a kid (he spent some time in the winter in AZ). He was a gentleman, so expect both who broke his record are of the same cloth.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
It wasn't done by carrier pigeon or skywriting either... If you believe that a personal call or handshake, if possible, doesn't show better sportsmanship and isn't warranted...then I haven't anything more to discuss about this with you. I'm out.
Umm. Is there evidence somewhere that shows john did not speak to jayson ? Are wiretapping their phones ?

It just feels like you are looking for a problem that isn't actually there.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not know either individual. Just having a conversation about what is posted, said and heard.
So what am I wrong about?
Bobby and John have a feud, beef or just don't care for each other. True or not?
This event was setup to break the record John set. True or not?
Jayson said John had a heater under his table. True, the words came out of his mouth. You can go listen yourself.
I shouldn't have speculated about the bad mouthing. I wasn't there so I have no way to know and shouldn't have posted that. I apologize for that and will delete it from my post.
What else did I say that was 100% un true?

No feud, at least not on Bobby's part.

This event had nothing to do with John. Bobby has wanted to do an event like this for years. If John had never been born Bobby would be doing this.

I've also heard rumors of heaters under John's table but do not know if they are true -- but it's out there floating around...

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This event had nothing to do with John. Bobby has wanted to do an event like this for years. If John had never been born Bobby would be doing this.

I've also heard rumors of heaters under John's table but do not know if they are true -- but it's out there floating around..

Lou Figueroa
How can you say this without laughing? This event had nothing to do with John? Nothing?

If it had nothing to do with him why celebrate breaking his record?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can you say this without laughing? This event had nothing to do with John? Nothing?

If it had nothing to do with him why celebrate breaking his record?

Really?

Because you are missing an obvious distinction: it is not about the player, it’s about the number.

Lou Figueroa

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's sort of like saying John's event had nothing to do with Mosconi. I know you guys tried to ignore John's run right up until Shaw beat it, then all of a sudden is was of interest. That was so petty but oh well.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member

I've also heard rumors of heaters under John's table but do not know if they are true -- but it's out there floating around...

Lou Figueroa
Curious, are heaters under a table a problem? They’re used in snooker, and where I live they are used under nearly all carom tables. I’ve thought about putting one under my own table because they’re fairly cheap here and easy to get your hands on. A friend of mine in Seoul has one on his pocket ball table.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After much repartee, I can say that John has more class than those who despised him for setting a record. John congratulated. A lot of others seethed and called him names. I think John is on the good side of this.

All the best,
WW
Hear, hear. I agree.

Of course, I would NEVER take anything away from Jayson Shaw's run of 714 balls. It's magnificent. And the pool room owner, Deon Chapman of Street Lights Billiard Academy, is a stand-up guy. I have been watching him from afar for a year or two and appreciate the effort he's putting into pool in my neck of the woods. I also admire his passion for pool.

The politics, if I may use that word, that occurred before the 14.1 exhibition began is what is disconcerting. The mean-spirited back-and-forth colloquy that transpired on social media was unfortunate. It put a stain on the recent exhibition, not for 14.1 enthusiasts, though. In that regard, it was a good thing for sure.

I've stayed away from the threads about this topic because most of them are flame threads now, and I don't want to fan the fire. But I thought I'd just share my opinion here as a virtual railbird who's been around pool for a long time, knows the many games of pocket billiards as well as its players, past and present.

Thank you, Deon Chapman and Jayson Shaw, for your professionalism and brilliance.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious, are heaters under a table a problem? They’re used in snooker, and where I live they are used under nearly all carom tables. I’ve thought about putting one under my own table because they’re fairly cheap here and easy to get your hands on. A friend of mine in Seoul has one on his pocket ball table.

It is *very* uncommon to have a heater under a pool table.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Maybe someone already mentioned this...but I see John did give a little side eye to the new record noting that someone breaking his record was "eminent on that table".

(he mangled the spelling, I corrected)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk