John Schmidt Go Fund Me?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
This high run shit is getting exhausting... as a pool player I understand the difficulty and the feat that it is... but also, even as a pool player, I don't think I really give a damn anymore... especially not enough of a damn to throw money at someone to attempt it.

If myself, as a pool player, doesnt really care (and I'm sure there are more like me), then what do we think the General Public thinks?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This high run shit is getting exhausting... as a pool player I understand the difficulty and the feat that it is... but also, even as a pool player, I don't think I really give a damn anymore... especially not enough of a damn to throw money at someone to attempt it.

If myself, as a pool player, doesnt really care (and I'm sure there are more like me), then what do we think the General Public thinks?
General public still moves the cue ball off the the rail the width of a pool cue. Wtf is straight pool? I don't see him making more than coffee money. Don't see the problem in him trying though.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
john spent decades trying to surpass Mosconi's run then his run was equally surpassed in a few days. Seems like a strong indication that john isn't the one to be backing for a new record. I would be more inclined to support someone else or a general fund for whoever broke the record. It took john two decades or more to break five hundred. I don't think he will play at a decent level long enough to break 700.

Hu

gerryf

At last night's league almost no one knew that Schmidt was doing a short event, and after hearing about it, almost no one was interested.

There are some keen 14.1 players around though that would support a GoFundMe that goes to John directly if he sets a new record.

This GoFundMe isn't really clear on where the money is going, and while i will happly contribute to support the event costs, I would contribute a lot more if it was a prize for John himself.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’m exhausted and ain’t hit a ball in years, or watched any of this high run shit. 😅😅

smoochie

NotLikeThis
It's simple...pool players don't make enough money! 90% of them are very very poor and just losing money. 10% Are not rich either just have slight money from tournaments and when they're out of their prime they'll go back to being poor & may even be homeless (some of them already were). It's the worst sport in terms of money-making ever. Even throwing darts will give you a better living. And btw it's not a coincidence. It's all for a reason!!

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Then don't watch. Just sit in a corner and complain about not seeing the 626 run.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
John is a PRO pool player, and has proven that he is very dedicated to the sport and to straight pool.
It's not a career you take on because you're trying to cash in on the $$
It sucks to see keyboard warriors dragging him because they can.
In a better world, he would have more respect for what he's done and is doing for the game some obviously only pretend to love.

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is there a go fund me for a player to break a world record?

Cut and Paste

Help support John Schmidt "Mr. 626" on his straight pool world record attempt.
John will be displaying what it takes to play straight pool at the highest levels this week in Calgary, AB Canada. The first 2 days will be played on a Predator 9' table with 4 1/4 " pockets and will be more of a clinic to show how the game is played. Starting Wednesday, he'll move to the Gold Crown with 4 7/8" pockets and make his run from Wednesday to Saturday at reclaiming the world title. If you appreciate the FREE livestream available on Cue Sports Live (Facebook and YouTube) and what John is attempting to do, help John cover his expenses while making his run. Thanks to everyone for your donations and well wishes. Good luck to John Schmidt "Mr 626" - hittem' straight buddy!!!
View attachment 642164View attachment 642163

I think it is great he has decided to get out there and try to get his record back!!