John Schmidt's 626

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John got some Taom Pyro to help get record done and my opinion that was missing piece of puzzle to break record.
Then you can stop worrying about bad contacts and ball cleaning so i believe he did not clean balls. Dunno coz I have not seen it but at least only time i need clean balls with Pyro is after someone miscue with it. Then it sticks and kinda burns really tight to ball. Otherwise it wont transfer to balls practically at all.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If it does not violate the rules, what does it matter if the balls were polished, felt brushed, etc.? OMG, Schmidt chalked his cue twice before that one shot??? Come on. Some things are clear -- in bounds/out of bounds -- and should not be included simply to obfuscate.
Well, you see, Willie Mosconi brought his own set of perfect polished balls to each exhibition. (If you look around, you will find where Lou F. stole his cue ball at one exhibition.) It is only permitted to have the balls clean at the start of the run.

Speaking of cleaning the balls, I just saw go by something about Earl in his Million Dollar 11-pack cleaning the balls each time he racked for himself.

The truth is that we have no idea whether any balls were cleaned during Mosconi's 526. Or if that other nasty rumor is true. There's even confusion about how the run ended.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
When did I say, "it didn't happen"?

When -- and please quote me -- did I say: "(I) don't think the record happened."

Lou Figueroa
gettin' old
maybe

You have made it abundantly clear in this thread and others that you don't think the record probably happened. Admitting that there is some possibility that it could have doesn't change that. After hearing from so many people about how the conviction of your belief wasn't supported by the facts you do seem to be coming around a bit, but you still seem to be solidly in probably didn't happen camp none the less.

Since you don't seem to think you are being interpreted correctly though, you tell us. In percentages, what do you think are the chances that the record run did in fact actually occur in a way that you would have been in full support of it being recognized as the new record with no asterisks had you been there in person with a table side seat five feet away for the entire run? 10%? 25%? 75%?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting (to me) how you can see him tiring over time by the time he takes for shots. He doesn't get over 20 seconds per shot in the first 18 racks, and then rarely gets under 20 seconds per shot from then on. In the 38th rack he approached a minute per shot.

The first hour and the fourth hour aren't the same challenge.

pj
chgo

View attachment 559390
The 38th rack was the record setting rack, starting at 518 and ending at 532, surpassing Mosconi’s 526 record right in the middle of that rack. That is obviously why he was being extremely careful and slowed down considerably during that rack.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interesting (to me) how you can see him tiring over time by the time he takes for shots. He doesn't get over 20 seconds per shot in the first 18 racks, and then rarely gets under 20 seconds per shot from then on. In the 38th rack he approached a minute per shot.

The first hour and the fourth hour aren't the same challenge.

pj
chgo

View attachment 559390

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, I understand. I would be surprised if he didn’t polish them at least once. I watched a few of the live attempts and there were plenty of breaks and polishing on the bigger runs.

At least once would be a *real* good bet, lol.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, you see, Willie Mosconi brought his own set of perfect polished balls to each exhibition. (If you look around, you will find where Lou F. stole his cue ball at one exhibition.) It is only permitted to have the balls clean at the start of the run.

Speaking of cleaning the balls, I just saw go by something about Earl in his Million Dollar 11-pack cleaning the balls each time he racked for himself.

The truth is that we have no idea whether any balls were cleaned during Mosconi's 526. Or if that other nasty rumor is true. There's even confusion about how the run ended.

I was a callow yout.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?82386&p=967388#post967388

And while there may be some confusion about the end of Mosconi's run it's pretty well documented he missed.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have made it abundantly clear in this thread and others that you don't think the record probably happened. Admitting that there is some possibility that it could have doesn't change that. After hearing from so many people about how the conviction of your belief wasn't supported by the facts you do seem to be coming around a bit, but you still seem to be solidly in probably didn't happen camp none the less.

Since you don't seem to think you are being interpreted correctly though, you tell us. In percentages, what do you think are the chances that the record run did in fact actually occur in a way that you would have been in full support of it being recognized as the new record with no asterisks had you been there in person with a table side seat five feet away for the entire run? 10%? 25%? 75%?

I'll ask again: quote me.

Lou Figueroa

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

As I've already said, and as Black-Balled perfectly noted a couple of posts back, your thoughts have been made clear. Clear enough that I doubt there is anybody that has read your posts in this and the related threads and gets the impression that you feel it likely that a legitimate record breaking run occurred. Again, just because you concede that it is possible that it could have occurred, does not change that your belief is that it isn't likely.

Then you seemed to imply that you were being misinterpreted. Fair enough, i certainly wouldn't want to do that, and so I asked you to clarify so no further misinterpretation (if it occurred) could be possible. You refused and decided to continue to play "you're misinterpreting me games". I think you lose the right to play the "you're misinterpreting me" games when somebody asks you for clarification and you refuse.

I'm going to ask again for the second time, and hopefully this time you will choose clarifying your belief (if it is indeed different than the way people have interpreted it) over continuing to play games. In percentages, what do you think are the chances that the record run did in fact actually occur in a way that you would have been in full support of it being recognized as the new record with no asterisks had you been there in person with a table side seat five feet away for the entire run? 10%? 25%? 75%?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I've already said, and as Black-Balled perfectly noted a couple of posts back, your thoughts have been made clear. Clear enough that I doubt there is anybody that has read your posts in this and the related threads and gets the impression that you feel it likely that a legitimate record breaking run occurred. Again, just because you concede that it is possible that it could have occurred, does not change that your belief is that it isn't likely.

Then you seemed to imply that you were being misinterpreted. Fair enough, i certainly wouldn't want to do that, and so I asked you to clarify so no further misinterpretation (if it occurred) could be possible. You refused and decided to continue to play "you're misinterpreting me games". I think you lose the right to play the "you're misinterpreting me" games when somebody asks you for clarification and you refuse.

I'm going to ask again for the second time, and hopefully this time you will choose clarifying your belief (if it is indeed different than the way people have interpreted it) over continuing to play games. In percentages, what do you think are the chances that the record run did in fact actually occur in a way that you would have been in full support of it being recognized as the new record with no asterisks had you been there in person with a table side seat five feet away for the entire run? 10%? 25%? 75%?

Can’t find a quote, can you.

So now you claim to know what everyone here is thinking. You can revoke my rights too :-o

wow. lol, can you also bend spoons with your mind?

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BS.

If the unedited vid was available, charles harriman and :rolleyes: you would still resist.

Get a grip.
Some question everything.
Some question anything.
Confusion abounds here on a forum of dedicated pool addicts.
The most devout believers of js626 tend to be word of mouth believers.
There is only one person who portends to have viewed the unedited video and concedes that he has no authority to certify the validity of that unedited video.
They never fail to question anyone who has ANY doubt.
Their attempts to convert all doubters to their belief without ever presenting any required proof of the claim.
The only acceptable proof is the unedited video. No revisions, no gimmicks, no doubt.
Name calling isn't going to get anyone anywhere towards acceptable proof of the claim.
JS, after seventeen months, still doesn't produce the only required proof, the unedited video.
Opinions are like ????????, everyone has one, here's mine:
JS, really has only two options;
1. Produce the unedited video
OR
2. Retract the claim

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

Ok. I’ll do that. To refresh, here is my contention that you are claiming is untrue, and where you want me to quote what would lead me to believe that. My contention was “you don't think the record probably happened.”

… you don't think the record probably happened.

There are plenty of your posts in other threads that support my contention that “you don’t think the record probably happened” as well as I recall, but here are just a portion of the ones from this thread.

...at this point in time I’d have to say it’s highly likely there’s a problem with the run.

“Highly likely there’s a problem with the run” is certainly equivalent to “you don’t think the record probably happened”. No need to go any further, but…

When somebody posted the New York Times article about John breaking the record, your response was “fake news”, as in the record didn’t happen.
Fake news.

Lou Figueroa

Here you are referring to the record in quotes to imply that you don’t think it is probably legitimate.

And, so what if JS lives on with a big fat asterisk next to his "record"...

Here is you just flat saying a legitimate record did not happen.

I would love to see a good, clean run but if that existed... we'd have all seen it by now.

Lou Figueroa

Here is you saying there doesn’t appear to be a record run.

Theory 2: There isn't any conspiracy. But there doesn't appear to be a run either.

So, tell me again how “you don't think the record probably happened” is an incorrect interpretation of your views?

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Wait one minute. At the risk of offending, this needs to be considered. Video evidence is not everything. In fact, millions of people have been executed based upon oral testimony alone. As humans, we learn to assess folk's character, and, in most instances, our instinct is all we have. So forget a video exists. I will ask again, who out there knows John Schmidt well enough to speak to his character? to his habit of calling or not calling fouls on himself? This is where any inquiry such as this is required to begin.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
nope

Lou nor myself have never called j.s. a 'liar'. We are simply asking to see unedited video, but yea I see how u tried to manipulate that - poolplaya6' - no bueno. If u go back and look through my thread - u will see that Lou and myself are not alone in asking for unedited video, many other az members have asked to own a copy of the bca and j.s hysteria' but after two years - they are still trying to monetize their lack of evidence. Records are made to be broken, however extraordinary claims - require extraordinary evidence. I see nothing that even resembles extraordinary evidence from bca or jewett. Out of the thirty thousand + views the thread I started has received - I would say at least half are still waiting for a copy of unedited video proof and have offered good $ for a signed copy, after two years - they are still waiting. At this point it does look like a possible media lie - but again do not try and twist my words - read right through u - I can.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
YOU have a problem with Hairyman. He has control of YOU and there's NOTHING YOU can do about Hairyman controlling YOU. Just keep on
Black-BLOWHARD-Balled. I can take it and I can dish it out. Don't have to sign, YOU know.

Lol. Charles harriman controls anything.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou nor myself have never called j.s. a 'liar'. We are simply asking to see unedited video, but yea I see how u tried to manipulate that - no bueno. If u go back and look through my thread - u will see that Lou and myself are not alone in asking for unedited video. Records are made to be broken, however extraordinary claims - require extraordinary evidence. I see nothing that even resembles extraordinary evidence from bca or jewett.

More lol.

We read what is posted by you and you go back and edit your posts.