Johnny Archer/Danny Hairy-man commemorative....

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
It hasn't cheapened Danny's accomplishments in my eyes. I think he did GREAT and I'd like to have his baby.....

Doug
(what the hell am I saying)

All these years I thought u were a man and I did not know u could get pregnant.This old man learns some thing new everyday.:cool:

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith Buck said:
I don't see anything hypocritical about it. He said it was bad that the IPT left a loophole like that in their rules. He didn't say he wouldn't or shouldn't take advantage of it.

That may or may not be true (that he was referring to their leaving of a loophole, or that Danny would use it). Whichever way you slice it, though, he is criticizing someone, be it the IPT or Danny. If it is as you say, then he is criticizing them for leaving it out of the rules, but then he goes and does it. For my part, if Gabe says it's bad that they left it out as a rule, then it is his opinion that it should be a rule, and that it generally shouldn't be done in a game (feet off the floor). He is criticizing the IPT for this, and then he goes and does it himself? As far as I'm concerned, it's more than a bit hypocritical.

Sure, it was an oversight on the IPT's part. They rectified it, and it won't be a problem anymore.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
RJ took the story (as discussed at length here and on the IPT website) and wrote a song parody about it. His intentions are always just to give us a chuckle. So why the backlash? Jeez, people...

Do you (that complained so strongly) also get angry at newscasters for reporting news you don't want to hear? Or do you only get angry if they put it to a song and dance number? :D

HouseMan

~o^-
Silver Member
shinobi said:
Do you (that complained so strongly) also get angry at newscasters for reporting news you don't want to hear?

yeah, I yell at those tools at CNN all the time.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Well

what is bad is the fact that before Danny had a 'black mark' beside his name for complaining about not getting paid, that several of the Pool world would like to see go away.

And now, he is being singled out again, when other players did it and before him, which is unfair at the very least, and maintains some sort of negative stigma attached to Danny, who happens to be a class act in the Pool World.
Whether it was right or wrong is beside the point, he was within the rules, and that's how Poolplayers play Pool. The rule should have been in place prior to the tournament.

Let this issue die ...

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shinobi said:
RJ took the story (as discussed at length here and on the IPT website) and wrote a song parody about it. His intentions are always just to give us a chuckle. So why the backlash? Jeez, people...

Do you (that complained so strongly) also get angry at newscasters for reporting news you don't want to hear? Or do you only get angry if they put it to a song and dance number? :D

Thanks Shinobi,

Very much appreciated.

Yes that is 100% TRUE, my intentions are allways to gather a chuckle.My post was to humour the situation and make light of Archer's (Gabe Owen and other players) anger in a poetic way.The problem is, is that words on the computer are so impersonal and can be taken in a number of different ways,by different people.Some contacted me with emails,rep and postive feedback, and others(especially those who know DH personally) found it distasteful.

If you people knew me personally,I'm confident that most would like me,as I'm not aware of anyone locally who dislikes me.Having said that ,I'm a human being and like Danny,Archer and everyone else I come with character flaws.Not everything I say and do, is not going to appeal to everyone, all the time.

While I do think what Danny did was cheesey,I am in no ways a Danny Harriman hater.I have nothing against Danny whatsoever.He also isn't a cheater,(as the IPT rules bear out) even though at the time Archer may have thought so.Any pool player from the weakest C+ and on up would have probably felt the exact same way Archer did,given the situation.What he did was legal, yes, but not cool in my eyes.

Danny did a controversial thing and I wrote a controversial song in response.Politicains,presidents,movie stars, etc etc are all humoured daily by the Jay Leno's of the world when they do controversial stuff, so Danny H is not unique here.

Personally I would have never done what Danny did,however, I have done things much worse in my life for sure.If I were Archer, I would be temporarily peeved,recognize Danny humaness, forgive,let it go and get on with life.

It is my hope that those who are peeved with me,will also be only temporarily peeved,recognize my humaness,forgive,let it go and get on with their lives as well.

RJ

ps. My apologies go out to Eyddie Romano,Blackjack and to all the others who felt hurt regarding my thread. I think very highly of you Eyddie and Blackjack and it's my prayer that you will throw some grace my way.

Last edited:

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9BallBust-O said:
Its so funny in the game how people just love to hate people for being good - and in this case by playing by the rules. People just love to drill Danny. Well for all Danny haters I just have one thing to say ...let me paint the picture.........
(Me getting on top of a pool table filpping off Danny haters with on thing to say ... Suck it.):p

KEEP STROKIN EM AND SMOKIN EM DANNY!:D

Looks like I won't be getting flipped off any pool table and won't have to suck it, because I DON'T HATE Danny.
RJ

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
Thanks Shinobi,

Very much appreciated.

Yes that is 100% TRUE, my intentions are allways to gather a chuckle.My post was to humour the situation and make light of Archer's (Gabe Owen and other players) anger in a poetic way.The problem is, is that words on the computer are so impersonal and can be taken in a number of different ways,by different people.Some contacted me with emails,rep and postive feedback, and others(especially those who know DH personally) found it distasteful.

If you people knew me personally,I'm confident that most would like me,as I'm not aware of anyone locally who dislikes me.Having said that ,I'm a human being and like Danny,Archer and everyone else I come with character flaws.Not everything I say and do, is not going to appeal to everyone, all the time.

While I do think what Danny did was cheesey,I am in no ways a Danny Harriman hater.I have nothing against Danny whatsoever.He also isn't a cheater,(as the IPT rules bear out) even though at the time Archer may have thought so.Any pool player from the weakest C+ and on up would have probably felt the exact same way Archer did,given the situation.What he did was legal, yes, but not cool in my eyes.

Danny did a controversial thing and I wrote a controversial song in response.Politicains,presidents,movie stars, etc etc are all humoured daily by the Jay Leno's of the world when they do controversial stuff, so Danny H is not unique here.

Personally I would have never done what Danny did,however, I have done things much worse in my life for sure.If I were Archer, I would be temporarily peeved,recognize Danny humaness, forgive,let it go and get on with life.

It is my hope that those who are peeved with me,will also be only temporarily peeved,recognize my humaness,forgive,let it go and get on with their lives as well.

RJ

ps. My apologies go out to Eyddie Romano,Blackjack and to all the others who felt hurt regarding my thread. I think very highly of you Eyddie and Blackjack and it's my prayer that you will throw some grace my way.

RJ,

Your verses are clever and are easily recognized as humerous "satire". I bet you read Mad Magazine as a kid.

You are simply poking fun at a comical real life drama that unfolded. Man's foibles are truly the fruit of all humor. Those who read more meaning into it than a quick guffaw are just being a little too serious, since you are poking fun at both Harriman and Archer's quirky behavior.

And it is funny - I got a good laugh. I would like to see Efren STAND UP on the table at the next one playing Archer - that would be a treat.

Chris

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
Thanks Shinobi,

Very much appreciated.

RJ

RJ,

You know I love ya.. We will always be friends!

Eydie

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
Looks like I won't be getting flipped off any pool table and won't have to suck it, because I DON'T HATE Danny.
RJ

RJ:

Hang in there, buddy. I think the first poster was right. You might have a little too much time on your hands. I know you didn't really mean anything by it. Other than using ther situation as a vehicle for your creativity.

I've seen Danny a few times at Red Shoes and at Pro Tyme here in the Chitown area and he always seems like a very nice and polite guy. As well as a helluva player.

Later

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TATE said:
RJ,

Your verses are clever and are easily recognized as humerous "satire". I bet you read Mad Magazine as a kid.

You are simply poking fun at a comical real life drama that unfolded. Man's foibles are truly the fruit of all humor. Those who read more meaning into it than a quick guffaw are just being a little too serious, since you are poking fun at both Harriman and Archer's quirky behavior.

And it is funny - I got a good laugh. I would like to see Efren STAND UP on the table at the next one playing Archer - that would be a treat.

Chris

Thanks a bunch Tate,your words are very much appreciated.
You've hit my TRUE intentions 100% bang on the nose.Thank God that you Shinobi, Cuetechasaurus,Sniper,Supergreenman,Dennis and a few others picked up on this, because for a minute there I was feeling run over by the lynch mob.:D
I have absolutley nothing against Danny H or Johnny and I was only trying to use "Humorous satire " to re-collect that event.PERIOD!;) :D

I'm writing "humorous satire" all the time and politicians usually take the full brunt.I read the local news headlines here ,pen out a one minute diddy to what I've read and head over to Speakers Corner.Speakers Corner is run by a local TV station that plays up to one minute clips of the publics view points on local and worldly happenings.I pen out my one minute songs on the News Paper headlines and they've aired me on TV 14 out 15 times.I spare no-one not even our local police force.

Last year our local police force had 6 cops take two junkie/dealers out to
Stanley Park and severly beat the pulp out of them. It was in the front page news and the court trial was discussed on the six O'clock news.

To that event, I penned out this song to Michael Jackson's "beat it."

If you catch some junkies dealin' on the street
Take em out to Stanley Park and kick em with your feet
Take five cops with you, make sure the jobs complete
And beat em, just beat em

You can punch em in the nose and kick em in the head
You can lay the suckers out ,till they're nearly half dead
The judge'll go easy when the charges are read
Just beat em, just beat em

Just beat em, beat em, beat em, beat em, beat em

I sung all of the above while holding up a sign that said "Stop Police Brutality."

They aired the whole thing on TV, because people like humorous satire.

I'm allways joking around with Humorous Satire, using my creativity as that's my nature.Rakmsuckr, Timberly and I had a lot of fun with it, right here on AZ.

Rakmsuckr wrote a song(here at AZ) about me that had about 7 or so jump on her bandwagon and all laugh at me. Some even jumped in and made fun of me.I congratulated her on her clever well written song and held no grudge against her or none of the 7.I took it like a good sport.It is my hope that Johnny and Danny can do the same.

When I went to comedy school I was told some will not like your humor, however, NEVER let that stunt your creativity.It's guys like you Tate that inspire me to move on.Thanks.
RJ

Last edited:

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
[...]
Last year our local police force had 6 cops take two junkie/dealers out to
Stanley Park and severly beat the pulp out of them. It was in the front page news and the court trial was discussed on the six O'clock news.

To that event, I penned out this song to Michael Jackson's "beat it."

If you catch some junkies dealin' on the street
Take em out to Stanley Park and kick em with your feet
Take five cops with you, make sure the jobs complete
And beat em, just beat em

You can punch em in the nose and kick em in the head
You can lay the suckers out ,till they're nearly have dead
The judge'll go easy when the charges are read
Just beat em, just beat em

Just beat em, beat em, beat em, beat em, beat em

I sung all of the above while holding up a sign that said "Stop Police Brutality."

They aired the whole thing on TV, because people like humorous satire.
[...]

OMG, if you have that clip, you've got to put that on You-Tube! That sounds outrageously hysterical. :D

That was nice of you to delete the song out of respect for Danny, by the way.

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Cuebacca,

I don't think I have that one tape, however, I know I have at least 10 others on tape.I'm going to take you up on that and start posting up at U tube to eventually share with the AZ family.That's a good idea that I've never considered before.Anyways, here's another song using that same "beat it" song.

I used to eat ah chicken, but now it's no charm
And mad cow disease, will bring ya much harm
I won't eat no pork from a government farm
Won't eat it, won't eat it

Our tuna's full of mercury it's said
So why don't ya eat your veggies instead
Meat lover's don't like the message that I spread
Don't eat it, don't eat it

I've given you a choice, hope everyone decides
Cause now I'm going to sing to you about pesticides
You better go organic, or you'll ruin your insides

Don't eat it, eat it, eat it,eat it, eat it, eat it, Don't eat it

Here's another version, same song.

If you don't have a girlfriend, lover or wife
No-one to cuddle up to ,or no sex life
Put on the internet and use your left or right
And beat it, just beat it

(sorry can't go any further here because this one goes triple XXX):eek:

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:
Hey GotSkillz.. Your Rep is worth a BIG ZERO! That's nothing! I will be watching YOU!

Edie the hall monitor. Walk! No running! :p :rolleyes:

Brian

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:
Hey GotSkillz.. Your Rep is worth a BIG ZERO! That's nothing! I will be watching YOU!

Edie the hall monitor. Walk! No running! :p :rolleyes:

Brian

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
Thanks Cuebacca,

I don't think I have that one tape, however, I know I have at least 10 others on tape.I'm going to take you up on that and start posting up at U tube to eventually share with the AZ family.That's a good idea that I've never considered before.

Excellent! Looking forward to it.

recoveryjones said:
Anyways, here's another song using that same "beat it" song.

I used to eat ah chicken, but now it's no charm
And mad cow disease, will bring ya much harm
I won't eat no pork from a government farm
Won't eat it, won't eat it

Our tuna's full of mercury it's said
So why don't ya eat your veggies instead
Meat lover's don't like the message that I spread

I've given you a choice, hope everyone decides
Cause now I'm going to sing to you about pesticides
You better go organic, or you'll ruin your insides

Don't eat it, eat it, eat it,eat it, eat it, eat it, Don't eat it

Here's another version, same song.

If you don't have a girlfriend, lover or wife
No-one to cuddle up to ,or no sex life
Put on the internet and use your left or right
And beat it, just beat it

(sorry can't go any further here because this one goes triple XXX):eek:

LOL. Good ones! That second one reminds me of a radio jingle that they had for Corn Nuts, called "Bust a Nut". I heard it a few times in California back around year '99 or 2000. If you never heard it, you should check it out. Pretty funny. From a google search, I found the MP3 posted here:

http://sergioq.multiply.com/video/item/1

I'm surprised they got away with that one. It was a good laugh and it made me want to support Corn Nuts. :D

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
Rakmsuckr wrote a song(here at AZ) about me that had about 7 or so jump on her bandwagon and all laugh at me. Some even jumped in and made fun of me.I congratulated her on her clever well written song and held no grudge against her or none of the 7.I took it like a good sport.RJ

RJ, I hope you didn't think I was picking on you at the time, because again, it was all in good fun. I took your slings and arrows too all with good humor. If we can't laugh at ourselves first, be assured that other people will, lol.

Anyway, I hope you know there was no malice over this thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=30249

And I love your Beat It lyrics. ;)

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
RJ, I hope you didn't think I was picking on you at the time, because again, it was all in good fun. I took your slings and arrows too all with good humor. If we can't laugh at ourselves first, be assured that other people will, lol.

Anyway, I hope you know there was no malice over this thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=30249

And I love your Beat It lyrics. ;)

Hi Queen,

The most fun I ever had on this board is when you ,I and Timberly were going at it back and forth with our tunes.That was the most connected and feeling PART OF on this board I ever felt.I felt zero malice in your thread and as a matter of fact I was loving all the attention I was getting.Before those song trades I felt like I was just another poster at AZ.After those songs, I felt like I had become family.

You write some pretty funny bang on stuff Rakm.Glad to be your friend.
RJ

Last edited: