johnny archer

augustine tan

pro player
Silver Member
johnny have the rights to say that he will only gamble anyone on his home table,

but as one of the best pool players america ever produced,

dont you think he should remove this ruling?

and play on any table?

even earl dont say that he will only gamble in his own room.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
johnny have the rights to say that he will only gamble anyone on his home table,

and play on any table?

He might say this, but many of us have seen Johnny Archer gambling in different states.

Earl says he won't gamble at all! Yet he's played a few race to a hundred sets.

Fred

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Johnny will play at other places. The conditions have to be right though, just like almost everyother player who is getting into action. Not too long ago he played that 10 ahead set against I think it was Nevel at Nevel's pool room. So I guess what I am saying s he may look for the best conditions fr himself (Obviously) but it the conditions are close somewhere else he does not sem to have a problem playing elsewhere.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member

and play on any table?

Now I think of it and not to ne rude but like Cornerman said he playes all over and has for years. I have no idea where you are coming up with this statement.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
LOL, the undisputed heavyweight champ offers you a shot at the title and you are worried about the little things. Thats why you will not win, regardless of the conditions.

cbaumann212

Jackass Extraordinaire
Silver Member
johnny's right

If Johnny Archer or even Donnie Mills, want ceratin conditions met before they lock up their money, then who are we to judge? Some are pickier than others, but if it's their money, they have the right.

Ste

Caribbean Carnivore
Silver Member
If Johnny Archer or even Donnie Mills, want ceratin conditions met before they lock up their money, then who are we to judge? Some are pickier than others, but if it's their money, they have the right.

You just can't argue with that statement.

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
Cant blame anyone for wanting home cookin' but all that rack your own, raise the table 2.256 ", put the two and the five in the rear positions, only use master chalk in pink is weak IMO. Seen Archer gamble in a few spots so that guy got his wire crossed.

augustine tan

pro player
Silver Member
Now I think of it and not to ne rude but like Cornerman said he playes all over and has for years. I have no idea where you are coming up with this statement.

over the other thread, 'the action room'- talking about johnny and shane for a long race.

users saying that johnny will only play in his own room.

johnny is one of the best players ever touch pool and still is.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
over the other thread, 'the action room'- talking about johnny and shane for a long race.

users saying that johnny will only play in his own room.

johnny is one of the best players ever touch pool and still is.
That match has been talked about for a while. I don't know everything but I think Archer does not want to play on buckets. I think he wants the conditions to be very hard with very tight pockets. People are going to talk all kinds of stuff about this match up. It would be great if it ever happens with the top 2 american players of today.

Ironman317

Cash Me In....
Silver Member
i think johnny has earned the right to say he will only play at his place. not saying everyone has to agree to it, but if he can get home-field advantage, why not? johnny has traveled and played plenty of people and only one person has really beaten him for the cash....and that was c.j. wiley.

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
He might say this, but many of us have seen Johnny Archer gambling in different states.

Earl says he won't gamble at all! Yet he's played a few race to a hundred sets.

Fred

He wasn't able to gamble while under contract with cuetech....

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
I know a table that is so tight and has high speed rails that even Archer would deter from playing on....

cbaumann212

Jackass Extraordinaire
Silver Member
they're weak?

Cant blame anyone for wanting home cookin' but all that rack your own, raise the table 2.256 ", put the two and the five in the rear positions, only use master chalk in pink is weak IMO. Seen Archer gamble in a few spots so that guy got his wire crossed.

Not really sure if you can really call either of them weak until you're within at least 2 balls of their speed. And I doubt that you are.

floridaboy24

Registered
From what i heard about Johnny and Shane matching up Johnny just didnt want it to be a breaking contest so he wanted really tight pockets so Shane would have to lock up with him in the thinking aspects of the game as well. I think its a great move for Johnny.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member

and play on any table?

i don't get what the big deal is. if you want to go after a guy sometimes you have to go to his home turf. it may suck but when you're chasing that's what you do. it happens in all sports, sometimes you're the home team and sometimes you take to the road. someone like johnny doesn't need to beat anybody else for people to say he's one of the best, he's done that for a while - on alot of different tables. all of the up and coming guys do need to beat players like johnny to be able to say they've taken down the best and deserve thier spot amoung the elite. and if they did it on johnny's home table wouldn't that just support their claim of greatness? people need to stop b*tching stop trying to pull "moves" and start playing. it's no wonder pool in america is crap.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Johnny likes 4" tight pockets, thats a fact jack. He's worked tirelessly at his game for so many years and he's seen players progress. There are so many guys that can make 4.5" pockets seem like buckets(they're great players), it's just Johnny wants to know that if he gets beat it is by a better player on that day. We all cringe when a guy runs out and every ball wipes its feet on the way in, or someone wins because a table is leaking, just take that out of the equation. I've never seen a table with 4" pockets personally, I just hear people talk about how they will kick your butt and make you feel like you have never played before if you arent in dead punch. Can't help it if Johnny wants people to have to play some pool to win not just be a great breaker or shot maker. I'd never try it if I was a player who didnt have something similar to practice on for a month or two though.

If we are being real though, there has to be easier action than Archer out there. If you want to play him just to play him go to an exhibition and hit the sign up sheet early. If you want to win money, well.....GOOD LUCK!

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is funny, all these people getting bent out of shape for players wanting to stay home and have the best conditions.
Haven't you heard the story of the old bull and the young bull. Young bull wants to run down the hill and catch a female, but the old bull wants to sit on top the hill and let them all come to him! They put the time in to get to that speed, and they earned the right to dictate the conditions(especially Johnny).

Johnny has other things going on, and probably doesn't feel the need to chase action all over the country!

Jeremy