Johnny (The Scorpion) Archer pool school in Phoenix

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Johnny Archer will be in Phoenix on Tuesday February 10th and will be holding a pool school. The class will be limited to 10 students and will run from 11.00am to 3.00pm. The fee for this school is $200.00 for the full four hours.
All the League Operators APA,BCA and TAP have been given a flyer for this and will be sending them out to all their players in the next day or so. This will be a first come first served deal but if we have a good respons we will look into opening another school.
This school will be held at Main St Billiards in Mesa, AZ. If you would like to sign up or get more info please fee free to call Me, Mark Cantrill at 480-612-7732 or email me at cantrilmark@yahoo.com
I am also working on a mini tournament right before that will give the winners of 2 groups the chance to play a race to 11 against the scorpion and I hope to have that live streamed. All of the League operators are behing us with this and so it will be a great chance to get all the different leagues together and playing in the Phoenix area,.
 
I spoke to JA for 45 minutes yesterday(first time in a month we talked more than 5 mins), he is doing great and told me that he likes teaching. we dont talk much pool, mostly family, golf, etc. however hHe said he has learned alot this past year about teaching. He has been on the road so much this past year wow I dont know how he does it, he was relaxed and happy yesterday. Mark has been great for him and Earl orginazing this, its been a big year in tough times, and I wish them all the best next year.

I have only played one race to 11 with JA, like I said pool isnt our reason to hang out or be friends so we never play, but the time i did I lost 11-3. It should have been 11-5, I will say this I have played alot of top players and been drilled many many times. But no one has ever beat me like he did, we have played 2 or 3 times a few games getting him warmed up for something. I have never seen any player ever!!!! in control of everything like JA, its not relfected in the score hell alot of guys can beat me 11-3, but when I played JA I never saw the ball. When he played Nevel last year 10 ahead-JA was on 9(the hill) before Nevel had much to work with. Its hard to explain but man is he good, we all know that, but how i felt playing him was different than any other champion that shot my nuts off.
 
Last edited:
seanjonsean said:
no earl ? hes not teaching?
Earl will be in Japan. So on this little session Johnny will be going solo and I am working on the east coast for March. In March we hope to visit Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York and a couple other places. That will be Johnny Archer and Nick Varner since Earl won't be back until the end of March.
 
bfdlad said:
Earl will be in Japan. So on this little session Johnny will be going solo and I am working on the east coast for March. In March we hope to visit Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York and a couple other places. That will be Johnny Archer and Nick Varner since Earl won't be back until the end of March.


will this visit co-incide with the Super Billiards Expo?.....there are a BUNCH of players up in this area during the Expo! I don't see how you all couldn't fill a room!



G.
 
Gerry said:
will this visit co-incide with the Super Billiards Expo?.....there are a BUNCH of players up in this area during the Expo! I don't see how you all couldn't fill a room!



G.
Hey Gerry, yes I would like to plan something in King of Prussia to end up the tour as there will be so many players there. However the problem I see is that they are all playing in a tourney and won't be able to commit to a school since they will not know their schedule. We would have to do it either before the Expo starts or the day after it is done. I think the interest would be there its just a matter of being able to organize the schedules. Thanks for the heads up and if you know how to figue it out I would love to hear from you. Thanks again,
Mark,
 
Archer is hands down top 5 in the world .thats a feat considering he's been around for 20 years and dominant so many of those years. A definite future hall of famer
 
allprobilliards said:
Archer is hands down top 5 in the world .thats a feat considering he's been around for 20 years and dominant so many of those years. A definite future hall of famer
He is on the ballot this year for the HOF. I really don't know who else is on the ballot but I think he should make it.
 
bfdlad said:
He is on the ballot this year for the HOF. I really don't know who else is on the ballot but I think he should make it.
Sorry, just a little bump.
 
This is another great opportunity for the Phoenix players. Although JA is already one of the top stars of today & yesterday, the more he teaches, the more it has to help his own game (just like it has done for Earl)! We're all perpetual students of the game...from the guys on the top rung, to the guys at the end of line! Once you think you know it all, you quit learning...which results in just that...you quit learning! I will say, it's difficult to teach 10 people effectively, with just one teacher...no matter who it is. Best of luck to Johnny, and to the students who participate in this excellent learning experience!:thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
 
bfdlad said:
Earl will be in Japan. So on this little session Johnny will be going solo and I am working on the east coast for March. In March we hope to visit Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York and a couple other places. That will be Johnny Archer and Nick Varner since Earl won't be back until the end of March.
Safe to assume you'll give advanced notice when they will be in Baltimore?
 
YOLO said:
Safe to assume you'll give advanced notice when they will be in Baltimore?
I do not have a pool room sorted out just yet but I hope to have that by the end of the week. The dates are 95% done and we will be in Baltimore or one of the surrounding areas of Baltimore on March 9th and 10th. I have been told that Baltimore has a really good billiards community so I hope to fill a couple of pool schools and hold one exhibition there.
Once I have the pool rooms on board in each area I will be sending out the info. Thanks for the interest.
 
Thanks for the unbeleivably quick reply! Is it open to any one, meaning non-league players like my self?
 
YOLO said:
Thanks for the unbeleivably quick reply! Is it open to any one, meaning non-league players like my self?
Yes, anyone can attend. We have all types come to the schools of all skill levels. We do not usually have students who are absoloute beginners though.
 
I would like to say this i have taken the class with J.A it's well worth the money and the one on one with each student is out standing.
 
Wish I lived near Phoenix. Sounds like money well spent to me...(edit) Any chance he'll do this in Portland, OR???
 
Last edited:
bfdlad said:
Johnny Archer will be in Phoenix on Tuesday February 10th and will be holding a pool school. The class will be limited to 10 students and will run from 11.00am to 3.00pm. The fee for this school is $200.00 for the full four hours.
All the League Operators APA,BCA and TAP have been given a flyer for this and will be sending them out to all their players in the next day or so. This will be a first come first served deal but if we have a good respons we will look into opening another school.
This school will be held at Main St Billiards in Mesa, AZ. If you would like to sign up or get more info please fee free to call Me, Mark Cantrill at 480-612-7732 or email me at cantrilmark@yahoo.com
I am also working on a mini tournament right before that will give the winners of 2 groups the chance to play a race to 11 against the scorpion and I hope to have that live streamed. All of the League operators are behing us with this and so it will be a great chance to get all the different leagues together and playing in the Phoenix area,.

So you will be headed to Phoenix after the "Swanee" ??
 
Back
Top