Joplin Tornado Victims Need Our Help

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thumbs up for Patrick's efforts.

Ok, I managed to send a little dough via paypal and just had it charged to my charge card. That was easy. :) Hope others who can afford it at this time might choose to do the same. If you can't afford to help out at this time, it is perfectly understandable. No one has to donate anything really. We don't know these people except through members of our forum so it is understandable for some people to be reluctant to help.

I guess I get tired of hearing about all of the donation requests from people thatI don't even know that seem to appear on a semi-regular basis in the forum but I think of tornado victims as people who have gotten blind-sided. No warning, nothing they have done to put them in this predicament. Just being in a place at the wrong time. In some ways I think the hurricanes are better. Anyway, it is nice to see someone like Patrick trying to help those who have lost everything.

Maybe one day Patrick will be able to tell some of us how the donations helped these four individuals.:idea2:

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
I have never met Patrick, but I can say that he has been working his butt off to help others out. Since the day after the storm he has hit facebook and the forum hard and all of it is to benefit others that are in need. For that, you are awesome!

If everyone could send a little something, it would make a huge difference. I know times are tough for a lot of people, but I know personally that the people here on AZ are very giving and caring. So many of you helped me out when I needed to travel to tournaments. I've taken that kindness and taken the pay it forward approach to life. No one had to help me out in a time of need and for that I will always be grateful and do all that I can to help others out. Thank you AZ for giving me that important life lesson.

I don't live too far from Joplin and I have already told Patrick that I will be there and helping however I can to raise money. I know a lot of other pros have offered to do the same. Hopefully all of us together can help, pros, forums, and facebook, can make a difference!

Sarah

Peanutbutr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys I am presenting the 4 women with the money at 8am tomorrow morning. I will continue to collect in the future for them through other means as this will be a long fight for them and a hard one. If you would like to donate we are very close to the goal I had set in mind when we started all this. Whatever is donated today I will go ahead and add to tomorrows check out of my own pocket and wait to be reimbursed by paypal. If you would llike to doante the email is Jeannieandpatrick@gmail.com on paypal also this is my facebook address if anyone would like to add me please do and god bless....

JoeyA

Silver Member
Hey guys I am presenting the 4 women with the money at 8am tomorrow morning. I will continue to collect in the future for them through other means as this will be a long fight for them and a hard one. If you would like to donate we are very close to the goal I had set in mind when we started all this. Whatever is donated today I will go ahead and add to tomorrows check out of my own pocket and wait to be reimbursed by paypal. If you would llike to doante the email is Jeannieandpatrick@gmail.com on paypal also this is my facebook address if anyone would like to add me please do and god bless....

I heard that the Louisiana Seafood Board has sent a crew up to Joplin TODAY with some of our seafood's best to feed up to 1,000 people.

Amanda Shaw will be there to lift the spirits as well.

Thanks for your efforts Patrick. Hope it helps. It's tough when nature beats you down so badly that you don't even know if you want to stand up again or not.

JoeyA

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that the Louisiana Seafood Board has sent a crew up to Joplin TODAY with some of our seafood's best to feed up to 1,000 people.

Amanda Shaw will be there to lift the spirits as well.

Thanks for your efforts Patrick. Hope it helps. It's tough when nature beats you down so badly that you don't even know if you want to stand up again or not.

JoeyA

You never know when you may be the one asking for help. Life turns on a dime.

Way to go, Patrick and Jeananne!

Best,
Mike

Peanutbutr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well guys we raised $1385 dollars pretty awesome!!!! 5 girls got $277 dollars a piece and I can tell you that there was not a dry eye in the room. Thank you guys so much for making a difference in the lives of these awesome people who realy needed it. Special thanks to Stevie Moore, Sarah Rousey, Joey A' Shane Van Boneing and the countless others from near and far. God Bless all of you and may. I am attaching a speech that I wrote for the meeting...

On Sunday may 22, 2011 our lives were turned upside down. Homes were destroyed and countless lives were lost. Me and my wife Jeannie were sparred when we took shelter from the tornado inside the flying j truck stop on east 32nd street. I feel an emptyness inside me and my eyes fill with tears when I think of the ones that were lost. But everyday gets a little brighter and everyday Joplin gets closer to becoming the city it once was. It will take months or maybe even years for us to rebuild all the homes and businesses we lost but the friendships we've gained and the strength of us pulling together is something that will forever be remembered in the hearts of those that live on in Joplin.. Many people wonder what tomorrow will bring. Some have lost a little, some have lost everything. But we will rebuild and life will move on. But WE will NEVER forget. God bless all of the people who have given there support to the people of joplin. Despite a bad economy and unsettling times people opened there hearts, homes, and wallets to lend us a hand in our time of need. Proving that the hearts of people are stronger than any tornado. I close this with something that has been echoed from parents and grandparents since I was young. Live everyday like its your last for every one is a blessing. Thank you for reading. Patrick Brown

JoeyA

Silver Member
Awesome??

Well guys we raised $1385 dollars pretty awesome!!!! 5 girls got $277 dollars a piece and I can tell you that there was not a dry eye in the room. Thank you guys so much for making a difference in the lives of these awesome people who realy needed it. Special thanks to Stevie Moore, Sarah Rousey, Joey A' Shane Van Boneing and the countless others from near and far. God Bless all of you and may. I am attaching a speech that I wrote for the meeting...

On Sunday may 22, 2011 our lives were turned upside down. Homes were destroyed and countless lives were lost. Me and my wife Jeannie were sparred when we took shelter from the tornado inside the flying j truck stop on east 32nd street. I feel an emptyness inside me and my eyes fill with tears when I think of the ones that were lost. But everyday gets a little brighter and everyday Joplin gets closer to becoming the city it once was. It will take months or maybe even years for us to rebuild all the homes and businesses we lost but the friendships we've gained and the strength of us pulling together is something that will forever be remembered in the hearts of those that live on in Joplin.. Many people wonder what tomorrow will bring. Some have lost a little, some have lost everything. But we will rebuild and life will move on. But WE will NEVER forget. God bless all of the people who have given there support to the people of joplin. Despite a bad economy and unsettling times people opened there hearts, homes, and wallets to lend us a hand in our time of need. Proving that the hearts of people are stronger than any tornado. I close this with something that has been echoed from parents and grandparents since I was young. Live everyday like its your last for every one is a blessing. Thank you for reading. Patrick Brown

You and Jeannie are who is awesome! I'm glad things went well.
You're a good man Patrick Brown.

JoeyA

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Very nice speech! I'm happy to help and please let me know what I can do to help in the future.

Good luck with everything. I hope you can get things back on track and working better than ever.

Sarah

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Here in Springfield, Jim Morris put on a big hoop-tee-doo at his Bass Pro Shops headquarters to raise money for the folks in Joplin, and with the help of some Country Music stars, came up with a little over $325,000.00.
Now that's a chunk of change, to be sure, and good news for Joplin, but if you ask me the good time and trouble that our own Patrick and Jeannie devoted to that cause is not deminished in any way and we are proud of them both. Well done. :)