Joplin Tornado Victims Need Our Help

Peanutbutr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guy my names Patrick Brown and i live in Joplin mo. As you know our town was devastated by an F5 tornado on Sunday 5/22/11. I am ok all I lost was my personal vehicle which insurance will replace. Unfortunatly I was not among the majority. My wife works for a place called the Ozark Center For Autism in joplin, their school was completely destroyed and 4 of the therapist her co workers lost litterally everything. Homes cars everything and are left with only the clothes on their backs. I am taking donations to help these wonderful people who have devoted their lives to helping those in need who now need our help. I have set up a paypal account under the email jeannieandpatrick@gmail.com and am taking donations that will go directly to these 4 women. Donations of any size are greatly appreciated and I am reaching out to the pool community to band together and help them. Please donate what you can and if you have any questions please call me at 913-731-7100. God bless and thanks for all the donations we have already recieved from people like Sarah Rousey and countless others.

Sincerly,
Patrick and Jeannie Brown

Last edited:

chipperd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paypal

Just want to remind everyone that wants to help, to send $ as a gift if using paypal, so these people can get a 100% of our donations. Lets show em how strong the billiard community can be if one of ours is in trouble. I live in Florida and have nothing to do with this, but my donation, but I have been in this position before, and realize how much every bit helps.:thumbup2:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
We have friends there has well, and we donated all we could to help them out...

Good luck, and keep your head up !

-Steve

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
Patrick Brown(author of this thread)

...is a real straight shooter. And no I don't mean he plays pool well. In fact he's quite bad! But as far as what he's trying to do here, I can assure each and every one of you that your money will go to a good place FOR SURE. And it will also be highly appreciated.

jcrawford

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is non-pool related...

Moderator move this thread to the NPR section. Nothing to do with pool, call FEMA.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Patrick, I'm glad you and your wife made it through okay.

Patrick plays pretty darn well from what I've seen of him.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Moderator move this thread to the NPR section. Nothing to do with pool, call FEMA.

How about being a little more sensitive crawford. If this thread neads to go to NPR, it sure as hell won't be by your call. We probably lost a pool player, or two, down there and as far as I know there has been no word from that areas best cuemaker either. Lighten up. :(

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your a jerk for even replying if you have nothing good to say. Be glad it not you asking for help in a time of need. I hope things get a little easier for the people in the Joplin,Mo. area soon. Glad to help a little.....Jeff

Last edited:

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just finished watching "Witness" on national geo HD channel of a ton of footage of the worst tornado season in our history, followed by "Witness" of Japan's earthquake and tsunami....

Anyone who gets a chance to watch either, please do. It was truly terrifying just seeing it from my living room couch. I can only imagine the shock and hopelessness of witnessing it.....

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the lives lost and lives affected by these tragic events....

I truly believe that we are in for a historical hurricane season to follow suit.... I hope that I'm wrong....

I don't consider myself to be a religious man by any means.... I don't think you have to be to see that these are all signs of end times....

Peanutbutr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sticking up for me fellas. I have been a pool player since I was 12 years old and am good friends with alot of top players including Stevie Moore, Chip Compton and many many more. This may not be pool related but the pool world has been like my family for a long time. We are still collecting donations guys please give if you can any amount helps. God bless the USA. Please keep joplin in your prayers.

Peanutbutr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bigtruck your awesome and a true ambassador to our sport. Also I wanna thank everyone else out there that has been so generous. I talked with the good people at outback steakhouse just a few momentS ago and they are gonna treat them to a meal on them this friday. Pay it forward guys I Know I have been in need before and people were there to pick me up when I was down. Lets do all we can even if all we can do is something small to show these people that we care. God bless...

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Ship it!

As one of my friends always says...."SHIP IT!"...so I did! I challenge each an every one of my fellow readers to do the same! I wish I were a richer man so I could make more of an impact. :thumbup:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Patrick, I will be sending something along today. My feeling is that this thread belongs front and center on the first page of AZ Billiards! One of the beauties of this forum is how we lend a hand to fellow members in need. I know it was not designed to be that way, but thank God it has worked over and over again, to the credit of everyone involved. In case anyone didn't realize it yet, AZ is more than just a pool forum. It is a family of people who pull together to look out for each other! I'm proud to post here and plan to continue for a little while longer. :cool:

Last edited:

Peanutbutr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks you Jay. Your exactly right in what you said. The pool world was like my family when I was growing up and I have been able to keep up with what happens back home thanks to az.

hunger strike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ted is ok...

In case any of you around Joplin were wondering, I finally reached Ted Pierson, patriarch of billiard mechanics in the Joplin area. His phone was not reachable for a bit after the storm and his son did not call me back.
I was worried about Ted, as he is 84. He said he was about 4 miles from the tornado. I asked him if he was ok, and he said "no John, but that don't have anything to do with the tornado." If you know him, you realize that he makes a point of saying something to make ya laugh before he will get off the phone.
Initial reports that the twister wiped out 75% of Joplin were downgraded to around 25%. But in my opinion the economy IS 75% wiped out. We're all glad Ted is ok though, many are not.