Joss Block Letter Cues

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying to date one I have, Any site show the variations over time?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Post a picture of the logo or the cue, the details are pretty distinct between the eras. Stroud engraved very differently from Danny or Timmy or Bob or Danny again

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a bit of a dated comparison but should help at least define a smaller era.
1667567486142.png

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all great response. Here is a picture. Seems kind of tiny. Bumper is brown. Also full Cue picture. 57" cue. Love how these old cues play.

Attachments

• IMG_3916.JPG
    IMG_3916.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_3922.JPG
    IMG_3922.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 227

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
18 thread. Cue rolls nice and straight assembled. Plays great, just hit a few with it. Will do $1295 this week only, then it's gone.

Attachments

• IMG_3923.JPG
    IMG_3923.JPG
    301.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3925.JPG
    IMG_3925.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 110

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 1994 Joss has nothing on the Butt cap and has gold lettering on the joint collars.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would make a 55 year old cue value $1295?
Seems a bit high. I’m sure that cue did not cost that when new.
Is it a great playing cue that cues of today cannot match or is it a collector cue that is a good investment?

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From that picture I would say its a 70's Joss. I have one just like it but with a hoppe ring. See my avatar

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I sent Dan Janes pics of my block letter and he responded within hours with his thoughts about the specific year based on the overall design of the cue.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
18 thread. Cue rolls nice and straight assembled. Plays great, just hit a few with it. Will do $1295 this week only, then it's gone.
If it's 18 thread, it's likely a very early Joss, before they went to 14 thread for steel joints. But more pictures would help.