Joss Weight Bolt

DEXTER

Runde fan
Gold Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine has a Joss he wants to make heavier. It looks like it
would have to be a 1/2 diameter weight bolt. Does any body know
what size weight bolts does Joss use? Thanks.

DEXTER

Runde fan
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's a newer Joss I believe. Definitely bigger than 3/16.
I had a tape measure with me, looked like 1/2 inch diameter.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess he doesn't believe you. :grin-square:
Maybe this would be of help.https://www.lowes.com/pd/IRWIN-Stan...iUOQJ9rB1jhM1gH9ZPqSCsGlee3Ymg5IaAo2EEALw_wcB

That's ok. Lol:grin:

IMG_20181005_001557.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Block letter Joss. Bumper removed for the first time ever tonight. Slotted weight bolt.

bjfq_EFzjbzoHqkJxJTwgl_-MMy10EngsbteuPuUMNlo_kUci2_QKJEwuMvJ19VuyJ3PBt2Lc0TGVZZyqlNfjv68jz__kN0mb63-0VTKLpCpSKuUfP16e7py-RdSHQkSIH61uNQVovkrrkzKTGwnJKT3SshMKPyNRio6E8hYFN0O6ZSbWx788nJLADZWicV9TWr8x2q7S2l6W-YnvGfOlGfZ47Fjjzyy_VJO6UUwJJeLkFZS6d918rD2vW_E2I_5Tyto5Y94tsBXCcu-tbiLHwRX5rNCH_dcdXC17eK_Iqw0YM37vWPAAkU9cZ1NZaQVxCkrT73S__3hygpanYdSgniJKm0KzQLP7kbHdn0KxTycCcCPpkPnQchP80ASbMzg51taXYv19FcS6H4OwwqckXEovA85Jd_sT5LdC4_a3AHUIXKnM6m7rdwUCCiciON37tA9R0u4OG6MxvHzF9mMeD2P8_m48haiKW5w-RqDjjdFMTGAk0XmhKG0qVu48wBML7C4yS4eix7Em04VmIi0LK4voFT-3fMGAUODw0CFIKVcjMjo8wHOmn6QEGRldVVnwcz-MOyv-XAbsvxBIJ6cZ5eWF0E6CeuorzPunkJTU-JmAr_5gaMIV1nChseH_9WWkAvxQ7DrxqjxJOkqnIsxHC3eOGyPPjAZsfC4YdWJyBEg3yWuvnXZT15n=w493-h657-no

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine has a Joss he wants to make heavier. It looks like it
would have to be a 1/2 diameter weight bolt. Does any body know
what size weight bolts does Joss use? Thanks.

1/2-13 bolts, just like OB cues.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Ok, got the basics about the Joss cues Now for a question about early Joss West
with the sideways J. Were they the same weight bolts? The bumper on mine looks
like the one on the right in the below attachment. Have not cracked into it yet waiting
on information.
Thanks for thoughts and words of wisdom.

Attachment 502000

hank

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Ok, got the basics about the Joss cues Now for a question about early Joss West
with the sideways J. Were they the same weight bolts? The bumper on mine looks
like the one on the right in the below attachment. Have not cracked into it yet waiting
on information.
Thanks for thoughts and words of wisdom.

Attachment 502000

hank

I've seen the W sideways. I haven't seen the J sideways yet. I think the W sideways was when Mr. Stroud was in Colorado but I'm guessing and the bumper was held on by a screw with a 3/8x16 weight bolt.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael Webb

I've seen the W sideways. I haven't seen the J sideways yet. I think the W sideways was when Mr. Stroud was in Colorado but I'm guessing and the bumper was held on by a screw with a 3/8x16 weight bolt.

:banghead: headslap dhooo, Thanks for correctin' me. I reckon it depends on which
way ya hold the cue ... need to make these posts after I have my coffee.

So, the bolt holding the bumper is the weight bolt??? Longer heavier and shorter lighter
would make sense.

hank

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael Webb

:banghead: headslap dhooo, Thanks for correctin' me. I reckon it depends on which
way ya hold the cue ... need to make these posts after I have my coffee.

So, the bolt holding the bumper is the weight bolt??? Longer heavier and shorter lighter
would make sense.

hank

Yes Sir......

Amateur
Hello everybody!
I am Udo, Poolplayer since mid 80s and I am looking for a lighter cue!

For over 20 years I am playing with a cue with 19oz. But I always felt that a lighter cue would help me with my stroke. It seems that it is impossible to make my current cue lighter. The weight bolt, or screw, is already as small as possible and drilling a hole in a 25 year old custom cue is not what I think is a good idea.

Here is are some questions for the Joss Freaks:

I saw on different shops, that you can buy every joss cue from 18 to 21 ounces. Is that right?

That would mean, if I buy any new Joss cue I could change the weight to 18 oz, just by releasing all the bolts….. Is that also right?

Does anyone have a picture how and where the bolts are in the but, how deep?

I have an older Joss (1990s) with which I played for some time. Can the weight be changed in the same way?

Do you know a cuemaker that builds cues under 18oz?

PS: I am not interested in LD oder CF :cool:

Thank you