Judd and Ronnie

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just read that Judd is miffed at Ronnie for not giving him a fist bump after his 147. Ronnie just sat there and Judd didn`t like it. What do you all think about this?
Personally, I never congratulate an opponent during a match, just me.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Sounds like a minor, fleeting spat in the middle of a finals that was spun up into a story. Ronnie was there to win (and was up like 6-2 when Judd ran the 147 iirc). After the seeing the video, I don't see Ronnie doing anything wrong - Judd was happy, crowd was roaring, and Ronnie was in his chair. It's not like he swiped away a handshake or something.

telinoz

Registered
Cheers.
Judd is not that bothered and Ronnie is not either.
This is not a relationship splitting event, they will still be mates and UK Champs coming up they will be chatting as per usual.

They both have one of these under their belt now for focusing on the match.
Ronnie vs Judd just now
Judd vs Neil for his centuries of centuries.

Either better not draw Jimmy White, man is on fire.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheers.
Judd is not that bothered and Ronnie is not either.
This is not a relationship splitting event, they will still be mates and UK Champs coming up they will be chatting as per usual.

They both have one of these under their belt now for focusing on the match.
Ronnie vs Judd just now
Judd vs Neil for his centuries of centuries.

Either better not draw Jimmy White, man is on fire.

jimmy looked alright from what i saw on the youtube stream, but not really like a threat to the top seeds. he's had this "free" tour card for years now and once in a while he goes and does this, gets a few decent scalps in qualifiers/early rounds but not much more.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
It's a Culture thing. I believe that congratulations along the way are intentional (sharking) or even unintentional (excited team mate) distraction. I think Ronnie behavior was an example of remaining out of his opponent's head in any fashion. The Maximum was 1 frame Judd need 8 more. Then Congratulations.
A good competition relationship 🤷
I just listened to a story on PBS about cultural different reactions to saying Thank you. One culture would be insulted if you thank someone you are close to.🤷

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I can't blame Judd for being Miffed. A good way to elevate the adrenaline. Almost got him there.😁
I know that if I can be self-righteous ly mad at my opponent, I will be able to play my very Best.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
It's a Culture thing. I believe that congratulations along the way are intentional (sharking) or even unintentional (excited team mate) distraction. I think Ronnie behavior was an example of remaining out of his opponent's head in any fashion. The Maximum was 1 frame Judd need 8 more. Then Congratulations.
A good competition relationship 🤷
I just listened to a story on PBS about cultural different reactions to saying Thank you. One culture would be insulted if you thank someone you are close to.🤷
My educated guess is Ronnie was focused on shooting one back at him. back to back Maximums would have historic Landmark. He had a great run at it the next frame.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Well, God knows I love both these guys for different reasons.
Ronnie for Attitude toward a match
Trump for brilliant execution/placement

Ronnie could have acknowledged Trump's 147, BUT that is not his style.

Personally- Shooting PERFECT under the heat deserves kudos even from your opponent. I would do it for my opp and wouldn't really expect it if I shot perfect,(would be nice if they did).

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
(Would be nice if they did).
Nice guys finish last.
"On the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds"(USAFA knowledge)
IMHO, Ronnie is demonstrating his Number 1 Attitude. Letting Judd know, not to let up. He wanted so bad to shoot the next back at him. If Judd is to be his Successor he will need to bring it.
So to whine later is a Childish look.🤷
Just the facts, Mam.😉

Reactions: bbb