Jump/Break suggestions

Mezz_86

I'm looking on getting a Jump/break made in the near future.... I'd like to get reviews and such on who makes a good j/b.

Thanks everyone

kyo1128

Risa Yoshiki is HOT also
Silver Member
Bought Kevin Varney, was drunk, probably rude to the seller, woke up next day guilty as hell.
Went to play and my hangover was gone.

It's that solid.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Bought Kevin Varney, was drunk, probably rude to the seller, woke up next day guilty as hell.
Went to play and my hangover was gone.

It's that solid.

LOL...you were drunk & "stole" a Varney from the Skunk from the way I heard it. Glad you are happy!:thumbup:

kyo1128

Risa Yoshiki is HOT also
Silver Member
LOL...you were drunk & "stole" a Varney from the Skunk from the way I heard it. Glad you are happy!:thumbup:
Kevin,
I think it was "given as gift:wink::wink:".
Very happy. Consistent little jump and stop on my break.
I can't really jump all that good, so practicing.
All my friends can jump the hell out of it, so it's the Indian, not the arrow.
Kyo

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I'm looking on getting a Jump/break made in the near future.... I'd like to get reviews and such on who makes a good j/b.

Thanks everyone

If you decide not to go the custom route and if you don't mind if it's BCA legal, I've tried Tiger's Ice Breaker and I think it's as good as a jump/break is going to get. It jumps with ease at all lengths, is controllable on jumps, and it offers a controlled break.

The tip is basically G-10 with a leather center. It jumps better than any leather tip I've tried. They are not BCA legal for breaking. What you can do is use it as a jumper at BCA events and use another cue as a breaker.

That being said, it's hard to make a jump cue break good, and a good break cue that jumps well.

Chris

Last edited:

sweatinNbettin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My vote is for Steve Lomax or Mike Gulyassy. They both make a fine Jump Break cue that does both well. I just picked up the Lomax and I love it. I can even break a 10 ball rack well, which was always a struggle for me.

DrewWhitehead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a guy here in okc that makes a hell of a j/b. It's real easy to get a good splatter and jump well, so long as your more than about 3 inches away from your obsticle. His name is Sean huckleberry, I'll send you his number if you want.

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
From personal experience I'd go with either a Gilbert or a Varney. I currently use a Varney and its the hardest hitting cue i've ever tried.

Tony1013

Registered
Good jump break?

Mike Gulyassy Original Sledgehammer!

Ive been using one for the past year. Good solid feel with a stiff shaft and phenolic tip/ferrule. Definitely contains alot of DESTRUCTIVE POWER :thumbup:

I have always taken pride on my powerful breaks but when i picked up this bad boy it was game over.. lol

sweatinNbettin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best break cue is the one that works best for you,and you are most
comfortable with.

Best Wishes,

Steve

Great Advice.

BTW, Steve when is a good time to call you? I have a couple questions about one of your cues I picked up. Thanks

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
J/B's j/b!

Joe Baker (jbcustomcues) here at AZB makes an absolute "weapon of rack destruction!" Here's my personal canon!

Picture 750.jpg