just a little story from long ago

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It ain't over until it is over and I have seen a prayer fix do the job when nothing else could. I saw a prayer circle of hunters and outdoorsmen pull off three saves at almost the same time. One was a twelve year old girl with a superaggressive cancer. They told her parents to ready themselves, she had two to three weeks at most. She grew up and the last I knew was happily married with several children! Can't dismiss the power of prayer even if we don't understand it.

Looks like you are going to get a pretty big piece of the storm. I am sure you know the usual routines but take care of yourself and holler if you need help!

Hu

I have an aunt - my Mom's oldest sister - who had cancer about 50 years ago. She is 103 now and the oldest living resident of her town. Always played the organ at church and still plays the piano at the nursing home.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great about your aunt!

I have an aunt - my Mom's oldest sister - who had cancer about 50 years ago. She is 103 now and the oldest living resident of her town. Always played the organ at church and still plays the piano at the nursing home.

I had a sweet lady of 92 that was a friend and customer back when that wasn't much different than a hundred now. She had her weekly activities mapped out what she did each day, house work, yard work, working at the church, she was active every day. What I particularly noticed was that two days a week she sat with old people. I wasn't foolish enough to ask what "old people" was when you are ninety-two. I did notice that she got together with "the girls" to shop.

Asbestos is particularly nasty because the fiber shreds without coming completely apart. It forms barbs like a fish hook or arrow from a bow. Once asbestos fiber with a barb is embedded in your lung tissue it is there for a lifetime and beyond.

Iso-cyanates are the big danger in a body shop last I knew. I don't know how they work but I know that once my lungs were sensitized to cyanates they were just as sensitive after a ten or twenty year lay off.

Smoked a little whacky terbacky in my younger years but never a regular user of tobacco so my lung damage seems to be almost entirely work related. I can't remember if Chris smoked or not, never a heavy smoker to my recollection. Seems like he might have been a dipper but of course that doesn't get worm dirt in your lungs.

Hu

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Update on Chris's Condition

Chris has left the hospital now and the Covid seems to be a minor issue at this point. Pneumonia is the bigger issue at the moment and they have him on full time oxygen for that if I understand correctly.

Seems like he is very likely to live at this point, so good news. He isn't out of the woods but he is definitely headed in the right direction!

Hu

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chris has left the hospital now and the Covid seems to be a minor issue at this point. Pneumonia is the bigger issue at the moment and they have him on full time oxygen for that if I understand correctly.

Seems like he is very likely to live at this point, so good news. He isn't out of the woods but he is definitely headed in the right direction!

Hu

Our prayers will continue to be with him.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
A lot of people on AZB are pulling for Chris,
including many who don't post but have Chris on their mind.
You are a great cousin.

Will Prout

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank You, Twicet!

A lot of people on AZB are pulling for Chris,
including many who don't post but have Chris on their mind.
You are a great cousin.

Will Prout

Will, I follow your posts pretty closely, words of wisdom that can be relied on!

You hit home here too. I much appreciate your kind words and thoughts. Also I needed the reminder about the silent majority, lurkers or those that have never even signed up. I'm sure they do participate when someone is in need of help. A little embarrassed to admit it, I have been forgetting them when it comes to thoughts and prayers for Chris and I am sure some are as active as anyone and just prefer to remain silent about their efforts.

Hu