Kamui chalks doing recall

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just sharing
Well here in the Philppines, Kamui chalks have been doing recalls of unused seal chalks for the red and blue, they currently change packaging from silver to white. I have benifited from this since they replace 10 pieces of my red chalks. Does anyone know about this matter?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
You're the first to report this. Other than the changes in the packaging, did they change the version number of the chalk?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Just sharing
Well here in the Philppines, Kamui chalks have been doing recalls of unused seal chalks for the red and blue, they currently change packaging from silver to white. I have benifited from this since they replace 10 pieces of my red chalks. Does anyone know about this matter?

I am curious what is the Price Per cube for Kamui Chalk in the Philipines? Is it still like $30.00 US?

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious what is the Price Per cube for Kamui Chalk in the Philipines? Is it still like $30.00 US?

before i think it sells $35, but recently market for this kind of chalks are not doing well, so they slash the price to $25 yet still none moving.

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$25.00/Cube for Super Chalk is kind of hard to get when the average person in the Philippines make no where $25.00 per day.

i totally agree with you, but i dont think the average person is willing to spend $25 to buy a chalk, :):):) only those people who are above average and have the extra money to buy can used, other people who buy are just curious what's in this chalk, :):):)

frankly speaking the distributor here sometime just gave it to closed peers and some pros who always plays at Starbilliards center.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
should be a quick recall.... how many piece of chalk did they sell, 4 ? maybe 5 tops :rolleyes:

Razor

Lex Parsimoniae
Silver Member
From The Press Release

"The current version of the chalk will not experience any problem UNLESS FROZEN."

I would have never thought the freezing of chalk would be an issue, who would'a thunk it? :shrug:

Peace.

~Razor

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
the presence of bubbles are an indication that the chalk mixture was poured into a mold in a liquid form, unlike other brands of chalk that are pressed/formed as a somewhat dry mix.

there are inherent issues with this type of production process, the least of which is bubbles. there are more.

for example, there is also the issue of consistency from the 'top' of a cube to the 'bottom'. keeping various sized particles suspended in a liquid mix is very tricky to do, especially while the mix is drying or 'setting'. the heavier particles tend to settle, creating a denser cube at the bottom.

this can (partially) explain a particular cube appearing to 'change' over time, as you grind closer to the bottom.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My piece from 19 months ago is approaching the 1/2 way level.Still seems fine to me.