Kamui Layered Tips

bayoubullet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like to know your opinions on the Kamui tips. Their website has video of a guy doing some crazy stroke shots. I'm just wondering if this tip is that much better than a regular layered leather tip. Your opinion is much appreciated!!

incidentslip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui's are very good tips. I have a medium on one of my players, it juices the ball like a Sniper, but without the dead hit feeling that you get from a Sniper(used to love Snip's, but it's Kamui all the way now!!!)

gpeezy

for sale!
I want to say thats what Larry Nevel is using. A friend of mine bought one and said Larry talked them up pretty good. He said they don't mushroom or need re-shaping as much as other tips. I'm gonna try one.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I have played with almost all tips. Recently my friend, Worminator, told me about Kamuii. Tried one (med) and will continue to use them. Love the way they grab the CB. Just my preference.

JBK

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I had been using Moori Medium's until I bought a cue that had a Kamui tip on it. I wouldn't say that I can put MORE english on the CB with them though...but they do mushroom less...and overall...all of the cues that I've put them on seem to play/hit better to me. I know that sounds subjective....but I really love the way that they play.

ukpooladdict

JMW
Silver Member
I use Kamui (Med)they are the best tip i have tried so far, i used to go thru 12 tips a year trying to find the perfect one, i have tried the lot but the Kamui is the best IMO..you can play with it for months and it doesnt mushroom at all, holds it shape and plays great.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Kamui Hard tip on one of my shafts and like it very much. It all comes down to personal preference though. You will have to try it and see if YOU like it. JMO.

BVal

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take it from me, somebody that has always been very particular (almost superstitious) when it comes to tips, that I personally think that Kamui most likely has the best tip out there. The first and biggest reason that I like the Kamui so much is that it has been the only tip I've ever used that I could install two hours before a tournament or serious match, and play without having my new tip in the back of my mind when I need to be focused and without distraction. Other tips that I've used are: Moori, which can vary from batch to batch and all have needed a little time to break in and need a reshape. Snipers: which are a real nightmare to install without a lathe and only get really sweet after they've been broken in well. Molavia: (See Moori).
I won't go out on a line and boast that the Kamui plays better, or gets more spin than all the others. As a matter of fact, the best tip I've ever had was a Sniper, but like I say, it was a pain to install (by hand), and it took me two weeks to get it to what I call 'sweet zone' and the sweet zone only lasted for a month or two. Anytime I've ever used a tip other than a Kamui, I've always made sure the tip was installed and well played before I ever used it in a serious situation. The Kamui for me plays pretty much the same from start to finish.
The videos on the Kamui site are very impressive, but they're more the player than the tip. Any number of those shots on that video can be done with any good tip. (I might add also, that the player in the video can do some pretty impressive stuff, but I know firsthand that he can't run a rack of 9 ball to save his life!.)
dave

racer rx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never been a Moori fan, with the lastest from them, they just don't hold the chaulk like before and they need constant scuffing. I switched to Everest, and liked how they held the chaulk, they seem to grind the chaulk, and I get less miscues. They also hold their shape very well.

How do you guys find the Kamui comparing to the Everests? Would the Kamui's be similar to a Moori or more similar the Everest?

Last edited:

bayoubullet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely looks like a good tip from all the positive feedback. Can't wait to get one for myself to try. :)

radge69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Kamui S play great if you like a soft tip. Medium soft play similar to teh old Moori M. Both fantastic tips.

KOINNKID

Troy
Silver Member
I think it is the best tip on the market right now. I have sold both Kamui and Moori. I see more and more of my die hard Moori customers switching to Kamui's. I personally play with a Kamui II Med.

Michael-Hoang

Omega Billiards
Silver Member
Just so everyone knows. Generally:

The Kamui Hard is equivalent to the Moori Hard;
The Kamui Medium is equivalent to the Moori Medium;
The Kamui Medium-Soft is equivalent to the Moori Soft;

And the Kamui Soft is slightly softer than the Moori Soft.

I have played with every tips there is out there in the market. My personal favorite is the Kamui Medium-Soft.

The Kamui tips "seem" to stay on the cue ball a little longer than normal (Other people have told me this too). So far, none of them have mushroomed, and they seem to hold chalk very well.

I was told that research and developments are being made to enchance the quality of the Kamui tips. A friend ;) told me that the new Kamui tips will be tested and made in a science lab.

Mike.

bayoubullet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike from Omega

Hey Mike, don't know if you remember me from Derby City, but I bought that older Schon from you. That third place money from the Artistic tournament was burning a hole in my pocket. Anyway, just wanted to say that the cue is fantastic. After all this feedback, I'll be putting a Kamui tip on the original shaft very soon. Thanks again! :D