Keith McCready

Terry Erdman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know you were in The Color of Money, but somebody should write a book about your life travels and triumphes on and about the pool tables. My pool coach has told me many stories about your gambling bravado of years past that he saw in person. Your true life gambling stories could make a better book or movie than "Pool Hall Junkies" which was very mediocre at best! So I hope some writer comes to you with the idea and you give him your material which is true life situations. What an intertaining and historical piece it could be if done right! Think about it!

jungledude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry, I totally agree with your assssment of Keith's life would make a great book and subsequent movie. I have gamble both with and against Keith and he is the most colorful character pool
has ever seen. I author one successful book all ready (The Green Felt Jungle) and have talked with Keith on numerous occassions about doing his biography but it hard to get the information. We are good friends and I think we will get this done in the near future and it will be an unbelievable, but totally true stories. There were stories about Keith in the latest printing of my book and in Grady's book that are quite amusing. Maybe your post will make Keith realize the public wants to know his interesting story, I certainly hope so......Gerald Huber

S

slow_moe

jungledude said:
Maybe your post will make Keith realize the public wants to know his interesting story, I certainly hope so......Gerald Huber

That is one book I would definitely add to my collection.

Ernie

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I also hear through the grapevine that a book about the travels and adventures of Danny Diliberto is in the works.

Mike

D

Double D

I for one, would pay good money to own either or both of those books. I sincerely hope that it is done one day.

N

Nineball Tim

Seeing as keith is my alltime fav player Id buy the book in a second! Come On Keith hook up with Gerald and get it done!

G

Goat

I agree, that would probably be one of the best pool hustling books ever! I've got bits and pieces of stories i read in Humphreys book and and Gradys, i would love to hear Kieths side.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy MR.Jungle Dude,
I heard a lot of good things about u.I like to play u one pocket for fish heads, if u give me 7-4 and break,at corner pockets on Williams Blvd,New Orleans this Saturday at 3pm.If u are interested please E-mail me and I shall be there.My e-mail address: Vagabond9@aol.com
Cheers
Vagabond

Gerald

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can get Keith to sit down and get talking I guarantee that yoiu will hear both the good and the bad. He does not not embellish anything because he just does not give a damn. What was --was.

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
sorry to be asking a stupid question but i haven't seen him play but i've seen alot of pic here though and everytime i see a pic of him shooting he has the sidearm technique......does he really shoot like that for real?

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Cardinal_Syn said:
sorry to be asking a stupid question but i haven't seen him play but i've seen alot of pic here though and everytime i see a pic of him shooting he has the sidearm technique......does he really shoot like that for real?

Indeed, it is for real. And he rarely misses a ball.

Ive watched Keith play in person and I was very interested in his stroke with the cue stick. It may look odd, but again, he rarely misses.

I do think that it is better than some of the 'Slip' strokes that I have seen though....at least it looks more controlled.

Anyway, thats my $.02 worth

Chuck

Terry Erdman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith has more heart than any other player I've ever seen and the difference in Keith was that he would give up more weight than was necessary to get a game and he didn't care because he knew that he could beat even the top players and give them weight for the action! A book needs to be written about heart and no one that I've seen has more heart than Keith!

Keith McCready

Pro Player
For those who are interested in a book about my life, me and my girlfriend, Jennie Malloy, have a book in process at this writing. Don't know how long it will take, but it figures to take a little while. I am encouraged to keep pushing forward and actually can't wait until it comes out myself because I think it will be a hit.

Keith

N

Nineball Tim

Save me a copy! Hey Gerald if you play vagabond let us know the outcome ok? I read your book and from the sounds of it you play pretty high .Good luck!

stroker6626

Registered
Keith,
I've been following the game for a long time and have observed you playing, you are one of the more exciting players to watch, if not the best I've ever seen. I will certainly pick up that book your writing, I would advise you to take your time and write it as you saw it, it should be a book of great interest to all pool afficianados in the world of pocket billards.
All the best to you on the pool tour this year! Your fortunate to have a great lady like Jennie at your side caring about you as she does, treat her well!as I'm sure you are!
Stroker

D

Deeman

Keith,

All of us look forward to any book about your adventures. I hope you will get some help with the editing so it comes off as a professional work. I love Grandy's stuff but hate that he doesn't have someone to edit it so it makes for more readable material.

I have certainly enjoyed seeing you play in a few tournaments in the last few months and happy to see the "Earthquake" is rumbling again. I already made a few bucks and a lot of gasps from that super cut shot you showed me in Lancaster, PA. a couple of months ago! I still can't hit it as often as you but often enough.

Dee

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The stories of you (Ether) in and around the greater Los Angeles area are more colorfull than Fast Eddie Felson and assuredly more interesting. I look forward to not just a book but a movie.

jjinfla

Banned
You will need some hot steamy sex scenes for it to really be a success. Just tell Jennie that you made it all up for good reading. Literary License. LOL