Kentucky pool is DEAD

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
56 years old-quit playing for 30 years-restarted this year. Table in home-private..numerous open invitations to play free there for fun, or bet low or high. No one responds.
Bowling green-historic room built by jimmy Hodges in 1980ish-absolutely gorgeous room, diamonds and gold crown perfect condition-beautiful bar-great parking-right on interstate-been 6 times this year in Friday and Saturday nite—-dead-set 2 hours tonight in the room in the dark-zero players-zero-one guy at bar, one guy darts-had 300 in my pocket to lose and I play bad.
Even more historical room north Nashville- JOB’s——been there———SAME DEAD—-Empty-maybe 4 people doing nothing.
American legion-drunks!
Sports bars-18 year olds betting 1 buck on junk tables.
Pool is dead.
Kentucky used to be synonymous with pool-we could all name 20 names of the best in the world that would be in one of those 2 rooms very often and 3 dozen shortstops that would bet it up high.
Pool is dead-I’m not going back unless I have a guaranteed player, match, game, bet lined up. Invitation still open for my house and I will lose 300 every weekend if u beat me.
Thanks for putting up with this rant.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Covid causality, it will pick back up when all this blows over. I wish I was closer I'd probably play some with you. I'm an old Kentucky boy to and don't mind losing some money as long as the company is good.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Where are you? I have some Ohio boys that will come take that off you and keep the company pleasant with food and beverages

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
56 years old-quit playing for 30 years-restarted this year. Table in home-private..numerous open invitations to play free there for fun, or bet low or high. No one responds.
Bowling green-historic room built by jimmy Hodges in 1980ish-absolutely gorgeous room, diamonds and gold crown perfect condition-beautiful bar-great parking-right on interstate-been 6 times this year in Friday and Saturday nite—-dead-set 2 hours tonight in the room in the dark-zero players-zero-one guy at bar, one guy darts-had 300 in my pocket to lose and I play bad.
Even more historical room north Nashville- JOB’s——been there———SAME DEAD—-Empty-maybe 4 people doing nothing.
American legion-drunks!
Pool is dead.
Kentucky used to be synonymous with pool-we could all name 20 names of the best in the world that would be in one of those 2 rooms very often and 3 dozen shortstops that would bet it up high.
Pool is dead-I’m not going back unless I have a guaranteed player, match, game, bet lined up. Invitation still open for my house and I will lose 300 every weekend if u beat me.

Everything is dead. Not only pool. Covid casualty.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Everyone knows someone who will come do something.

He is stating that he should be able to walk in and get a game, which I agree on.

Where are you? I have some Ohio boys that will come take that off you and keep the company pleasant with food and beverages

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
American legion-drunks!
Pool is dead.

Damn, I like your style Ray. You are too far away. Thanks for the six ball ghost. I've been pounding him. I'm not any better, just better at that. Happy Trails!

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, if you wanna spend 100 in gas and 8 hours round trip from Ohio to net 200, I will play u even one pocket at cue time in bowling green any Saturday nite with advance notice, or I will play you back pocket 6 ball 5 ahead for the same 300
Now.....if you wanna send guys, I can’t beat them I’m sure, but I’ll send a guy to Ohio to play your guy, but not for 300.....may send him for 3k. Thx for responding and peace brother.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I walked into a room in Louisville a little over a decade ago and got 50 a game 1p and 200$ 9b set action.

I didn't like the formerr and he didn't like the latter.

Sounds like the day has changed.

Around me, it has been a long time since I saw any gambling in the pool room between normal players.

We been whining about the change for a loooomg time.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I walked into a room in Louisville a little over a decade ago and got 50 a game 1p and 200$ 9b set action.

I didn't like the formerr and he didn't like the latter.

Sounds like the day has changed.

Around me, it has been a long time since I saw any gambling in the pool room between normal players.

We been whining about the change for a loooomg time.

Was that at Bank Shot in downtown Louisville?

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There may not be any players there at the time your there but trust me there is some very good players within 1hr of Bowling Green. I can name about 10 and not even have to stop and think. If I didn’t work every Saturday I would play some with you. I’m not a gambler but I can hold my own for fun. Unless someone just wants to give their money away. ��

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
American legion-drunks!
Pool is dead.

Damn, I wish you lived near me.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, I wish you lived near me.

That’s funny, I wish I lived near you. I could whoop you in some one pocket (well, maybe) and we would be eating some of the tastiest fish on this planet. It’s still on my bucket list to get out there.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone knows someone who will come do something.

He is stating that he should be able to walk in and get a game, which I agree on.

I gamble with 5 guys out of my room and one I'm on a break from.

They just closed down the Predator Tour. Robles and family fleeing New York City...SMART MAN.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I heard everybody in Kentucky knows you're back in action all pumped up, and they're ducking you.

That's no shit