$%&*@! kids damaged my Meucci Sneaky Pete!

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
I am pretty pissed right now. It's my own fault, really.

I allowed my family to use my older sticks at home, and I figured I'd buy some good house sticks when I got back from Baghdad on leave. One of them was a Meucci Sneaky Pete, which is older than my 8 year old son. The family knows the whole spiele about not hitting any hard shots with them, and just medium speed breaks, etc...

Some cousins from New York were visiting, and one of them was using the Meucci, and somehow, the tip came off. Did the little bastard set it aside and use the other cue?

NO! He !@%&*#@ just kept hitting with it anyway! Ruined the ferrule! This is the cue I won three military championships with, and when the ferrule is changed, you can damned well bet it won't play the same as it used to!

One would think that when the tip falls off a cue, NOT continuing to hit with it would be COMMON SENSE.

Russ
 
Russ Chewning said:
I am pretty pissed right now. It's my own fault, really.

I allowed my family to use my older sticks at home, and I figured I'd buy some good house sticks when I got back from Baghdad on leave. One of them was a Meucci Sneaky Pete, which is older than my 8 year old son. The family knows the whole spiele about not hitting any hard shots with them, and just medium speed breaks, etc...

Some cousins from New York were visiting, and one of them was using the Meucci, and somehow, the tip came off. Did the little bastard set it aside and use the other cue?

NO! He !@%&*#@ just kept hitting with it anyway! Ruined the ferrule! This is the cue I won three military championships with, and when the ferrule is changed, you can damned well bet it won't play the same as it used to!

One would think that when the tip falls off a cue, NOT continuing to hit with it would be COMMON SENSE.

Russ
Does this mean you are home now?
 
Russ Chewning said:
I am pretty pissed right now. It's my own fault!

Some cousins from New York were visiting, and one of them was using the Meucci, and somehow, the tip came off. Did the little bastard set it aside and use the other cue?

NO! He !@%&*#@ just kept hitting with it anyway! Ruined the ferrule! This is the cue I won three military championships with, and when the ferrule is changed, you can damned well bet it won't play the same as it used to!
Russ

Russ baby, at least you is alive. There are a lot of ownerless sticks out there these days. They is dead buddy. Ya see, it ain't so bad after all, is it?
Peace, Purdman
 
Russ Chewning said:
somehow, the tip came off.
I can only imagine how many miscues were made before that came off. Also, check the ceiling for tip-sized dents. I would say check for chalk marks, but they probably never chalked.

Don't you just love the fact that you have arguably the best table on the market, and yet moronic bangers with no respect get to play on it and wouldn't know the difference between a Diamond Pro-Am and a Sears table with a particle-board bed? :rolleyes:

I guess the bright side is that you now have proof that you wouldn't be acting paranoid by making a rule that no one uses the table without you there. Or you could buy an actual used Sears table with some tipless "sticks" for the kids. :D
 
Russ,
Sorry about your misfortune, but I've seen this happen more than once and any given club I've been too. You'd be surprised at how many bangers actually don't know that "there's supposed to be a little leather thingy on the end of a pool stick." I've seen bangers pop a tip and not notice it happen and continue to play with the bare exposed ferrule many times. This happens most likely because they don't know that there is supposed to be a leather tip there, and most of all, don't know when it pops off because they're not familiar with the odd sounds and hit you get when a tip is about to pop or even after it pops. I've had to stop guys/gals more than once to point out the fact that they popped a tip, and every time I get this weird look of confusion like they don't know what I'm talking about. If I'm lucky, I'll have a guy/gal tell me "I thought I saw something fly off, but didn't know what it was.!
Tough break.
dave
 
Well kids don't have much common sense until they are a little older. Then from their perspective they have all the sense and you all of a sudden don't have any. When they get to about 30-35 you may get it back - but again, maybe not.
 
What ever you do don't send the cue back to Meucci to be fixed. It will be worse then it is now once you get it back in 9 weeks or so. That is if you get it back at all.
 
No doubt, feldz... I'll just have to take it to Capone's in Spring Hill and hope I haven't sanded down the upper shaft and ferrule too much for a normal ferrule size to fit.

Russ
 
Sorry to hear about the Meucci getting roughed up, but like purdman has said, it's not all bad, and like you mentioned, you'll be able to take it to Capone's, I'm sure he'll be able to work some magic and restore the cue stick as best he can for you :)

Willie
 
I'm with you on this one. Last week I was on vacation in Florida with my wife. We let her brother stay at the house to get away from their parents, collect our mail, feed our fish, etc. Fortunately I put all of my good cues in the safe. When we got back the wife and I were playing a little and I noticed the bumper on her cue was missing. I looked closely and saw that it had gotten ripped off somehow, part of it was still attached under the screw that holds it on. No big deal really as it can easily be replaced but I wonder what he was doing with it that caused it to be ripped off. I also noticed one of my rails now has a dead spot. Don't know if I can blame that on my bro-in-law but I never noticed it before. Oh well...
 
As soon as you mentioned the word "cousins" I could see where that was heading. My cousins always wrecked my stuff! What a shame I haven't seen them in years!!:rolleyes:
 
Tokyo-dave said:
You'd be surprised at how many bangers actually don't know that "there's supposed to be a little leather thingy on the end of a pool stick."
dave


A what, where? NO WONDER why I can't get past running 80. :)


Russ seriously though, If you know which tip was on there and show the ferrule to the person replacing it, I'll be you will get your stick hitting just fine.
 
I can't believe that being ex-military you would rely on someone else having common sense there Russ. Sucks that your ferrule got banged up; I can't imagine why they would not quit either unless they were completely in the bag at the time. You are going to have to put signs up reminding people not to be idiots with your shit.
 
Russ,
Send me your address And I'll send you an old style Meucci ferruel I got from Sammy Jones .
These old ones are hard as hell to find anymore .
Bill
 
wjpjr said:
Russ,
Send me your address And I'll send you an old style Meucci ferruel I got from Sammy Jones .
These old ones are hard as hell to find anymore .
Bill

And to show my appreciation of the military...if you are interested...send it all to me & I'll install the ferrule, a new FREE Sniper tip, clean it up like new and Priority ship it right back to you. I try to do a good deed now & then.:)
 
Guys,

Thanks anyways, but I am just going to get a ferrule and tip put on locally. I remind everyone I am a contractor, and can't accept any kind offers by my fellow AZ'ers, lest the "Short Bus Russ Nazis" come out in full force screaming about me murdering babies over here or some **** like that, as well as informing everyone that I am not a soldier.

I do appreciate the offer, tho.

Russ
 
Back
Top