Kudos to Chuck Starkey's top customer service

dainese919

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've bought a new Starkey cue around 3.5 years ago, and as my main shooting cue since.

It plays great as others has mentioned about his cues on this forum before~~ :)

A few week ago, after a 9 ball break shot! the cue snapped in half, and the break point is at around 1in below the joint..

the reason is still unknown (Chuck says I have a monster break!! XDD)




Long story short..

I emailed Chuck, he replied within a few hours..

and after a week or so....

A brand new Starkey arrived with no charge :grin:

not even the international shipping & insurance....AS I now live across the ocean~

I've seen some great customer service, and Chuck Starkey is definitely on top of the list

The man stands behind his products..

A great cue maker to deal with and his cue ROCKS~~ :thumbup:




here is my new player~~ ^^




Chuck, THANK YOU very much~

And for players who are looking for a great player cue.. make sure you try a Starkey !!!


Sas
 
That is outstanding customer service right there, it doesn't get any better than that and that kind of service is far and few between now-a-days. Kudos to Chuck for that level of service. :thumbup:
 
Yer right, Chuck is a great guy. He also helps out any cue maker that asks for help.

But, after 3.5 years of use and using your player to break with, how many others do you think would give the same service/warranty?
 
Yer right, Chuck is a great guy. He also helps out any cue maker that asks for help.

But, after 3.5 years of use and using your player to break with, how many others do you think would give the same service/warranty?

Agreed, on all counts: Chuck is a great asset to AZB and the pool world, in general. One of the good guys, for sure.

I never know how I feel about public lettings like the OP here. While the kudos are certainly valuable- in an intangible way- I think they may also have some potentially negative effects as well...

They set a precedent/ standard for future dealings that may not meet the same criteria from the maker's perspective, leaving him in a position where his only choices are to take a loss and repeat goodwill or to disappoint a customer.

No easy answer. I woulda made the OP pay something, but I am not Chuck!
:shrug:
 
Last edited:
Agreed, on all counts: Chuck is a great asset to AZB and the pool world, in general. One of the good guys, for sure.

I never know how I feel about public lettings like the OP here. While the kudos are certainly valuable- in an intangible way- I think they may also have some potentially negative effects as well...

They set a precedent/ standard for future dealings that may not meet the same criteria from the maker's perspective, leaving him in a position where his only choices are to take a loss and repeat goodwill or to disappoint a customer.

No easy answer. I woulda made the OP pay something, but I am not Chuck!
:shrug:

I understood what you meant here and I agree most of it.

In this case, as a customer myself I appreciate what he did and that means a lot about him and his proud products.

Prior this cue, I had bought 2 more cues from Chuck in past.

So I would think Chuck made this decision considered that I'm a long-term honest customer :)
 
sas, thank you

the cue that broke had a highly figured forearm and i believe the cue broke on a grain line. when i built this cue i did not core my forearms, this was my fault.
i now core all my, burls, fiddleback, curly, any thing that has cross running grain.

why should my customer be penalized for something that was my fault ?
 
the cue that broke had a highly figured forearm and i believe the cue broke on a grain line. when i built this cue i did not core my forearms, this was my fault.
i now core all my, burls, fiddleback, curly, any thing that has cross running grain.

why should my customer be penalized for something that was my fault ?


:) like I said, Chuck stands behind his own proud products.~~

I had lots fun with the last one, and I sure will have loads more with my new one~
 
Back
Top