Lambros question for the Lambros players out there.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does a 2003 Lambros cue with the Ultra joint play as good as the latest models made by Mike with the Ultra joint?

I may buy this cue on Thursday or Friday, but I just wanted to make sure that it will play as good as the latest models or maybe I should buy a newer one if it doesn't.

Any answers or opinions would be much appreciated. THANKS!
 
I probably only have half of the opinion you are looking for. But I haven't hit with one of the new ones, but I did own one from the 2003 era of his cues, and it was probably the best hitting cue I've ever had. I have owned several custom cues, and the hit didn't come close to that cue. I only let it go because times got hard, and it was easy to sell.(regret it everyday)
 
"Play as good" is a very personal thing. Many people prefer older versions of cues, for example Meucci, Joss cues, most people think the older ones were better built.

I did not like my Arthur cue with an ivory ferrule and joint, but many people would say that cue "plays good" and would want it.

To decide, you need to try both.
 
Thanks

I probably only have half of the opinion you are looking for. But I haven't hit with one of the new ones, but I did own one from the 2003 era of his cues, and it was probably the best hitting cue I've ever had. I have owned several custom cues, and the hit didn't come close to that cue. I only let it go because times got hard, and it was easy to sell.(regret it everyday)

That is the kind of answer I was hoping to hear, but I'm sorry you miss your cue so much.
 
True

"Play as good" is a very personal thing. Many people prefer older versions of cues, for example Meucci, Joss cues, most people think the older ones were better built.

I did not like my Arthur cue with an ivory ferrule and joint, but many people would say that cue "plays good" and would want it.

To decide, you need to try both.

I have many of the same brand of cues and you are correct, some feel and play better than the others. Weight, ferulle, tip, woods, balance, etc. make a difference for sure, even if it's made by the same maker.
 
Bump for more opinions

Bumping this in the evening for more opinions please. THANKS
 
I probably only have half of the opinion you are looking for. But I haven't hit with one of the new ones, but I did own one from the 2003 era of his cues, and it was probably the best hitting cue I've ever had. I have owned several custom cues, and the hit didn't come close to that cue. I only let it go because times got hard, and it was easy to sell.(regret it everyday)

Ditto, played fricken amazing...kind of miss it, but I'm a predator shaft user, couldn't get used to maple shaft or his LD, so I sold it. Traded actually into a James White...don't regret that decision one bit!!!!!!!!!!
 
Imo,I would say yes.I've owned 6 with 2 of them being from the early 2000.His joint has been tweaked a little since then from what I've read and heard and find his early ultra joint does up with less compression which I like
but locks up well if you know what I mean.
These cues have a lot of feel,and are very unique,but I like the older
ones if I had to keep one.
 
Lambros

I have a 12 yr old with the 3/8-10 flat joint and a newer one with the 3/8-10 Ultra, both hit about the same to me, which is to say very nice.
 
Mine is soooo solid. I have laminated shafts, 3 pie shaped sections, each with the "spine" running up the center. I would love to have another Lambros.
 
I've owned a pre-ultra joint flat face, two 2005 model ultra-joint II,
and a fairly recent 2012 model.

I still own the 2012 and one of the 2005 ultra II's.

I regret selling the other ultra II.

Personally, they all hit great and for me the ultra II is the best
with just a little extra "crispness" to it.

Regardless of which Lambros you buy, you cannot go wrong, and
if you don't like it, they usually sell in the wanted/for sale section
here within 72 hours.
 
I have a 2006 Ebony Lambros with the Ultra-2 that is simply the best hitting cue I've ever used, ever.

Lambros's Ultra Joint has no equal, in my opinion.

After 7 years, I'm finally upgrading to a higher-end Lambros and will be selling mine soon.
 
I've owned a pre-ultra joint flat face, two 2005 model ultra-joint II,
and a fairly recent 2012 model.

I still own the 2012 and one of the 2005 ultra II's.

I regret selling the other ultra II.

Personally, they all hit great and for me the ultra II is the best
with just a little extra "crispness" to it.

Regardless of which Lambros you buy, you cannot go wrong, and
if you don't like it, they usually sell in the wanted/for sale section
here within 72 hours.

That is the fact Jack.
 
Thanks

Thanks for all the comments gentlemen. I'll be buying this Lambros and maybe a 2nd one that the seller has. The info is much appreciated.

Thanks again
 
Back
Top