Learn with an aiming system or not

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You wouldn't have separated me from nothing. Just because you talked your way into the OnePocket.org HOF, doesn't mean you could beat everybody on the planet. I may have put you on the FEDEX bus sooner than you got on it and sent you packing.

I don't come on here saying I could beat everybody in the world, like you do. I will claim that I beat over 90% of everybody I played with for money though. You don't have to be a world champion to leave with the money...you just have to be smarter than the guys you got the money from.

I think everyone has figured out that you only say disparaging things about me, because that is your only defense against reality!..My 20 yrs. at FedEx, were a real pleasure, in that it got me away from people like you!..Thankfully, the player/friends that I made during my years in pool, were a much better class of human beings! :rolleyes:

BTW, I have never said I could beat anyone in the world.. only you!..I can tell by your weak conversation, you would have been a 'birds nest on the ground' for me!..Also, you must have never looked in on 1P.org, when I was voted in..If you had, you would have seen that I did not even want to be nominated!..The "Beard" (who I never got along with at all) practically forced me in!..See post #254, or ask Cardone, or even Barton!..But you already knew that, didn't you?

PS..Damn, I wish you had lived in Phx. when I was working! I could have put in a hard day at work, stopped in the pool hall, and picked up my next days lunch money from you!..:thumbup:

Last edited:

GoldenFlash

Banned
The spirit of The Squirrel is watching you from Tuscaloosa

Thats kind of silly, isn't it Mr.Flash?..There is a billion to one difference (get it) between a jocular reference, and laying odds..However, a reasonable wager could easily be negotiated!...:yeah:
PS..Are you sure you aren't related to Barton and Mr.Eye? :confused: :cool: ;)
You mean the 100 to 1 odds matchup is not reasonable?
A world champion hall of famer like you against an old idiotic APA 3 (working on 4) like me, isn't worthy of 100 to 1 odds?
Oh...I get it now. (I looked up the meaning of the word 'jocular')
My mistake....you were just funning.
After all, you know how dumb us aiming system guys are. :shrug:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PS..Damn, I wish you had lived in Phx. when I was working! I could have put in a hard 12 hrs.
at work, stopped in the pool hall, and picked up my next days lunch money from you!..:thumbup:

LOL. I would have bought you lunch and maybe have given you a jug of milk. When I worked in the pool hall, as a kid, I had a guy who used to own a dairy business who used to stop in the pool hall for lunch (and park his big milk truck out front) and I used to send him back out on the milk run in a hurry. He would have to make a few more rounds to make up for the money he left behind in the pool room.

It is kind of funny when everybody wants to take advantage of a "kid" and then they lose their money. It then becomes an "ego thing" where they have to get revenge. It makes for repeat customers. He would sometimes stop in more than once a day. When he was in a hurry, we would play snooker for $100 a game. It got so bad, his wife would call down to the pool hall to see if he was there and would drive around and see his milk truck outside. It was kind of like "taking milk from a baby".

Last edited:

GoldenFlash

Banned
LOL. I would have bought you lunch and maybe have given you a jug of milk. When I worked in the pool hall, as a kid, I had a guy who used to own a dairy business who used to stop in the pool hall for lunch (and park his big milk truck out front) and I used to send him back out on the milk run in a hurry. He would have to make a few more rounds to make up for the money he left behind in the pool room.
It is kind of funny when everybody wants to take advantage of a "kid" and then they lose their money. It then becomes an "ego thing" where they have to get revenge. It makes for repeat customers. It got so bad, his wife would call down to the pool hall to see if he was there and would drive around and see his milk truck outside. It was kind of like "taking milk from a baby".
I knew that guy.
He invented an aiming system, went broke, gave up the milk route, and joined up with the FedEx.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It is kind of funny when everybody wants to take advantage of a "kid" and then they lose their money. It then becomes an "ego thing" where they have to get revenge. It makes for repeat customers. It got so bad, his wife would call down to the pool hall to see if he was there and would drive around and see his milk truck outside. It was kind of like "taking milk from a baby".

Why am I not surprised that you would prey on a poor milk truck driver! (was he an APA 2 or 3? You would have found me a little bit tougher action than that, when we were the same age!.. (you would have needed weight then too) :yeah:

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why am I not surprised that you would prey on a poor milk truck driver! You would have found me a little bit tougher action than that! :yeah:

I didn't "prey" on anybody...I was an innocent 15 year old kid and the "hustlers" were trying to take advantage of me.

I couldn't help it that grown men who had played pool longer than I'd been alive couldn't win. Maybe they needed an "aiming system" or something.

The owner of the pool hall used to back me and people would come "gunning" for me. I didn't have to drive a truck around looking for them.

I had another guy who would take his annual vacation from St. Louis and come to my town for a couple weeks a year to visit relatives. He would bring his father-in-law along with him and he would become his backer. He would bring his fancy cue to the pool hall and look for money games. Our little pool hall didn't have any ferris wheels or merry-go-rounds, but I'd take him for a ride every time he jumped up to play me. I looked forward to seeing him take vacations. I wasn't old enough to take vacations at the time, but I could have...with his money.

And NOW, let's get back to the subject.

SJD, what kind of aiming system did you use to bang balls into the rail?

Did you aim for the short rail or the long rail?

The pockets are a bit harder to hit.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't "prey" on anybody...I was an innocent 15 year old kid and the "hustlers" were trying to take advantage of me.

I couldn't help it that grown men who had played pool longer than I'd been alive couldn't win. Maybe they needed an "aiming system" or something.

The owner of the pool hall used to back me and people would come "gunning" for me. I didn't have to drive a truck around looking for them.

I had another guy who would take his annual vacation from St. Louis and come to my town for a couple weeks a year to visit relatives. He would bring his father-in-law along with him and he would become his backer. He would bring his fancy cue to the pool hall and look for money games. Our little pool hall didn't have any ferris wheels or merry-go-rounds, but I'd take him for a ride every time he jumped up to play me. I looked forward to seeing him take vacations. I wasn't old enough to take vacations at the time, but I could have...with his money.

And NOW, let's get back to the subject.

SJD, what kind of aiming system did you use to bang balls into the rail?

Did you aim for the short rail or the long rail?

The pockets are a bit harder to hit.

You missed my add-on...If we had somehow played, when we were the same age, you would have really needed weight then! :yeah:..At 15 or 16 years old, I was already terrorizing the nearby big cities..Denver, Alburquerque, and SLC!.....(Where was the pool hall where you reigned supreme?..Podunk, Arkansas)

PS..Mr. Flash, like most non-playing APA 2 nits, you are starting to get on my nerves!:kma:

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You missed my add-on...If we had somehow played, when we were the same age, you would have really needed weight then! :yeah:..At 15 or 16 years old, I was already terrorizing the nearby big cities..(Denver, Alburqurque, and SLC)

Everybody misses your "add-ons". Why do you keep changing your stories? If you want to "add to it", quote yourself and then add it in on a new post. Nobody goes back to reread all the stuff you keep changing after your first make it. Then somebody will quote you and then find you have went back and added to or deleted from your original post. No wonder nobody can keep up with what you say.

I did need some weight way back then...I was short and too skinny. Could have used some of your money to help "fatten me up".

Please get off the "who could beat who" because nobody will ever know who could beat any other player if they have never played each other. I don't really care who you beat or for how much. I don't play fantasy football or fantasy pool. The same thing goes for who could beat who in boxing...i.e., could Jack Dempsey beat Mike Tyson...it is irrelevant to me.

Tell some stories, give some enlightenment on how someone can better their game, give some tip advice, or anything except your constant badgering of people on here. You tend to turn every thread into some kind of argument, like a few others on here.

For someone who has played as long as you, you seem to never share any tips on how someone can better their game. Saying HAMB isn't going to help anybody. Some people don't have the opportunity to HAMB...they have jobs and other things in their lives. Not everyone grew up in pool halls.

In my case, I probably HAMB before I was old enough to have a real job and I was obsessed with getting better, so I practiced and played all day, every day. Some people don't have the same opportunity.

And now, back to our sponsors. (Maybe is is time to turn the thread into which Kamui tip works best on what Mezz Low Deflection shaft when using CTE with TOI).

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...Everybody misses your "add-ons". Why do you keep changing your stories? If you want to "add to it", quote yourself and then add it in on a new post. post. No wonder nobody can keep up with what you say....Tell some stories, or give some enlightenment on how someone can better their game. --> I gave tons of tips on 1P.org, and quite a few on here!

You probably missed this story--> http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5095771&postcount=1

I may have 'added it on'?..At my age, I just can't get all my thoughts together at once, when I'm rushing to keep up..Plus, its much easier to add on..sorry! (but I rarely change anything)

PS..You are reminding me more of Whitey, with your every post!..(except he played much better than you, and he never bragged. ;)

Last edited:

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Where is the 1/2 ball hit? Anyone.....Bueller.......

And yet people talk as it is real which means alot of people believe in magic.

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 170

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
When I walk up to a shot, below is what I see. I must be visual impaired in some manner cause I do not see any contact points, no lines of any kind, nothing but two balls sitting on a flat surface covered in green cloth with rails enclosing the sides and pockets placed in certain locations.

Yet the way people discuss aiming, provide flat 2d drawings, there are all kinds of lines and points, balls overlap, and so on to use for aiming.......also referred to objective points of aim.

Since I don't see them........I must be visually impaired......or those that do are are living in another dimension of both sight and sound.

Any 2d drawings showing how to aim is useless. They do not reflect the real world. Plus trying to imagine things, lines, zones, points and so on, that are not there just adds a extra layer of complication that is not needed.

It interesting that something that is so visual, like pool, no one ever uses pictures in discussing aiming.....well cept me over the years.

So there are my pics.....where are yalls showing the 1/2 ball hit and all those objective points of aim.

Attachments

• IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 181

GoldenFlash

Banned
....Riding the range with the terror of the West and other related BS

You missed my add-on...If we had somehow played, when we were the same age, you would have really needed weight then! :yeah:..At 15 or 16 years old, I was already terrorizing the nearby big cities..Denver, Alburquerque, and SLC!.....(Where was the pool hall where you reigned supreme?..Podunk, Arkansas)
PS..Mr. Flash, like most non-playing APA 2 nits, you are starting to get on my nerves!:kma:
Oh by the way.....did you know the guy who invented an aiming system, quit his milk route, and joined up with the FedEx, after botching a heist at the Railway Express Agency?
He used to hang around Denver, Albuquerque, and SLC.
Man, he was ugly too. Had to wear a mask.....(photo below)
(In addition to always blowing smoke about his top action pool game, he would brag about the 100 ways he knew to make love.......but he couldn't even get a date.)

Durango Kid Poster.jpg

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
My recommendation is you use a simple pro aim system to get better, and then over time, relinquish most of your conscious aiming to aim subconsciously.

Send me a PM and I'll get you started--no cost or obligation for my time. Happy to help.

bstroud

Deceased
Went with a friend of mine to a place in Scottsdale called RoboGolf.

They hooked him up to a robot that forced him to make a perfect golf swing so he could feel what one felt like.

Looks like a similar machine would work for a pool stroke. Not so sure about aiming?

Bill S.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Oh by the way.....did you know the guy who invented an aiming system, quit his milk route, and joined up with the FedEx, after botching a heist at the Railway Express Agency?
He used to hang around Denver, Albuquerque, and SLC.
Man, he was ugly too. Had to wear a mask.....(photo below)
(In addition to always blowing smoke about his top action pool game, he would brag about the 100 ways he knew to make love.......but he couldn't even get a date.)
View attachment 449249

Give it a rest Golden Shower, or Flash Gordon, or whatever the hell your name is.
Your humor is juvenile, and unappealing. Leave it to those who know how to do it.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
RJ...Naturally you showed her what a good stroke, bridge, and stance is...FIRST, right? Because no way, method, feel, or system will work without an accurate & repeatable stroke. Few APA 3's have any kind of stroke or preshot routines. :D

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Nope. Her stroke was not too bad. Obviously it needs a little work, but I had about 10 minutes each time I saw her, so 30 minutes total. She was not missing the cut shots because of her stroke, but her aim. It was obvious watching her she just had no idea where to hit it. She can make straight in shots all day long.

So, yeah, if you leave her 3 or 4 fairly straight in shots she could actually run out. She's been playing for more than 15 years, and watching her at the table you might even mistake her for a good player, until you see her missing everything she shoots at ;)

I'll see if I can get her to show up on her off day to spend a few hours with me, no charge. I have a few "lost" causes that I help just because I can't watch anymore ;)

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
When I walk up to a shot, below is what I see. I must be visual impaired in some manner cause I do not see any contact points, no lines of any kind, nothing but two balls sitting on a flat surface covered in green cloth with rails enclosing the sides and pockets placed in certain locations.

Yet the way people discuss aiming, provide flat 2d drawings, there are all kinds of lines and points, balls overlap, and so on to use for aiming.......also referred to objective points of aim.

Since I don't see them........I must be visually impaired......or those that do are are living in another dimension of both sight and sound.

Any 2d drawings showing how to aim is useless. They do not reflect the real world. Plus trying to imagine things, lines, zones, points and so on, that are not there just adds a extra layer of complication that is not needed.

It interesting that something that is so visual, like pool, no one ever uses pictures in discussing aiming.....well cept me over the years.

So there are my pics.....where are yalls showing the 1/2 ball hit and all those objective points of aim.

did someone say all shots are 1/2 balls hits. I never heard that one before ? But yeah, I can determine how thick to hit this shot, all day and twice on Sunday. I don't need to do that, but for folks that can't "see" it like other folks, it sure beats the hell out of guessing.

Just seems odd that other sports, guys that compete at the top level, they don't sit around and wonder why folks can't just do what they do ?? Why? Cause they can't. If they could, they would. So, if teaching someone how to try and get there, if only temporary, until their brain starts to see the picture themselves, it can't possibly be a bad thing, can it ??

Last edited:

GoldenFlash

Banned
Originally Posted by duckie View Post
Duckie says:
"When I walk up to a shot, below is what I see. I must be visual impaired in some manner cause I do not see any contact points, no lines of any kind, nothing but two balls sitting on a flat surface covered in green cloth with rails enclosing the sides and pockets placed in certain locations.
Yet the way people discuss aiming, provide flat 2d drawings, there are all kinds of lines and points, balls overlap, and so on to use for aiming.......also referred to objective points of aim. Since I don't see them........I must be visually impaired......or those that do are are living in another dimension of both sight and sound.
So there are my pics.....where are yalls showing the 1/2 ball hit and all those objective points of aim."

Dear Duckie:
That picture of the long shot is not a 30 degree half ball hit. If you shoot it with a half ball hit, the object ball will hit into the rail down there and miss.
(you might get away with spinning it in using heavy English, or extreme follow, but on that tight pocket table you have there, I doubt it. It'll probably 'cough' and hang)
In CTE aiming, that is called a "one liner". All of us dumbass APA 3 players know that.
You, being un-informed, do not understand that principle.
Your friend,
Flash
Durango Kid Poster.jpg

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Originally Posted by duckie View Post
Duckie says:
"When I walk up to a shot, below is what I see. I must be visual impaired in some manner cause I do not see any contact points, no lines of any kind, nothing but two balls sitting on a flat surface covered in green cloth with rails enclosing the sides and pockets placed in certain locations.
Yet the way people discuss aiming, provide flat 2d drawings, there are all kinds of lines and points, balls overlap, and so on to use for aiming.......also referred to objective points of aim. Since I don't see them........I must be visually impaired......or those that do are are living in another dimension of both sight and sound.
So there are my pics.....where are yalls showing the 1/2 ball hit and all those objective points of aim."

Dear Duckie:
That picture of the long shot is not a 30 degree half ball hit. If you shoot it with a half ball hit, the object ball will hit into the rail down there and miss.
(you might get away with spinning it in using heavy English, or extreme follow, but on that tight pocket table you have there, I doubt it. It'll probably 'cough' and hang)
In CTE aiming, that is called a "one liner". All of us dumbass APA 3 players know that.
You, being un-informed, do not understand that principle.
Your friend,
Flash
View attachment 449257

APA 3s use CTE?

Wouldn't you become a 7 in a few short weeks....?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Duckie is right....When talking about contact point, there is no half ball hit, except for a straight on shot where contact point splits the center of the object ball. But when people talk about a 1/2 ball or 1/4 or whatever, hopefully they're referring to the visual overlapping of the the balls, as seen from behind the cue ball.

I'm old school, but a good fractional ball aiming method/system/lesson (whatever you label it) can really beef up a player's shot making skills.