Leather conditioner

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an Instroke Leather Buffalo case being delivered tomorrow and I want to take good care of it. What leather conditioner should I use on it or should I just leave it alone. I emailed Instroke but haven't heard from them yet. Thanks in advance.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an Instroke Leather Buffalo case being delivered tomorrow and I want to take good care of it. What leather conditioner should I use on it or should I just leave it alone. I emailed Instroke but haven't heard from them yet. Thanks in advance.
Be sure you have the answer before you use something. I ruined an expensive case some years ago with what I put on it. It still looks like sh!t with dark splotches and discoloring. I would defiantly talk to John first.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be sure you have the answer before you use something. I ruined an expensive case some years ago with what I put on it. It still looks like sh!t with dark splotches and discoloring. I would defiantly talk to John first.

Good advice. I'm just gathering opinions for now, not going to jump into anything yet.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've used Lexol to good effect. It may darken a light case slightly (which was an improvement on one of my cases).

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried using armor all leather conditioner and some of the color came off. I use a little bit of olive oil now

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Like another said, lexol almost pure lanolin, the leather will never crack, saddle guys use it all the time. I used it on my speed skates for over a decade and never had hardened leather.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I agree with others, you don't want to ruin an expensive investment. Take it to your local shoe repair shop. They should be able to identify the type of leather, tanning process, finish and recommend the appropriate products.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
phil eastwood of quiverz cases sent me a jar of Tandy Leather Factory, Dr. Jackson's Hide Rejuvenator.

protects and rstores.

amazing stuff

best,
brian kc