***Let's see your Jeff Olney cues***

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is one I picked up a little over a month ago. I love it, I like it so much I have started selling off all my other cues.

2akP2AZf3lsG4oLXQaVC4qPeitUkrZfJPdKtAqGc_MbnOTjpxBxFrdGqIdSLOfH__NysBiRn80wm7XbDUusDiWj2cHK7eiYffGnuKzw2zaW6RnQ6QjwdPU2SliqILPcDF4MWpLH0k_8iGy4OiWkJQZaODvy0WjWKIYLduiLlKne239The57Zx4hVbdnZZ-y8qwbYszttBupcEzyIS_AVAw3iOGP2TWNOcUl-t63F4Vw5LBa75zTNOU-0ybutdQMUxaMdiE6WoEcE9SD_PS8kSDaKJP8qefEj8uNa6Oi1gT0y0FV1AGFWtVdNDnklFXYCgKjHzbELj4t1jOMURpOzfLLwITW_s1jQxGwpn0boTAA_Cj0_8eQNBbY0vxwfLo8k3ih8D8WFWIDq3dx28GkUQq2efbpRa8fauQeuSsMX8JaV_rHAC9R75yhQTis0sTrh0pu4V3xD__Dbm-0e-XdrtePGmKhc5fX2TKbca7kizSxMbwnrQ_APt6hRdTZamWnTOPF58_jv-hvZLFZYKviLY0OuwYsvnI0oOyc0aEBP4jpgysOwW6_6AIpMkxmnH2vOTAkbfkLkyMQk0CNFUiAOWnQ6dJNfmn6My8Ru_4AxHiYHO3c7egjaUYywO_1R8Pgr9GSNAAjKWicbJ2HYv5m2kCUdkcuA-ky6OrQAjPcb5M193BiY_5Rn9NMlSL8V2mwU4gAHFmB5BqdWwG4HORCpEldi=w1214-h809-no

Glad you like it. I do regret selling it, That was a tremendous moment of weakness. Fantastic cue.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff Olney Cues

Hello Bob,
Here are some Jeff Onley Cues.
I have been fortunate, that I had request to make Cue Caps. for them.

Jeff does make nice cues,
Very clean work.

Attachments

• Olney Blue.jpg
    Olney Blue.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 383
  • Olney Ebony.jpg
    Olney Ebony.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 372
  • Olney Pao Ferro.jpg
    Olney Pao Ferro.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 375
  • Olney Flame Cue.jpg
    Olney Flame Cue.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JP's can cause damage

Hello Tribalco,
You should "sand down" those Faces of the Joint Protectors you have.
I don't know who made your JP's, but, the Clear Coat has gotten on the Face of the JP's, and, is going to grinding/scratching the Joint Face on you cues.
I've seen many JP's that the maker did not realize the excess coating that got on the mating face, and, is rubing on the Cue's Joint Face.
Iv'e seem one JP set for a Gus Szamboti Ivory Jointed Cue , that was just refinished by Barry. OUCH!!! Poor Gus..

So,
Guys, check your JP faces for excess glue/clear coat that was not taken care of when the JP's were sent out.
Note: Just trying to help/let you guys know.. No Witch Hunting involved :wink:

Attachments

• Olney JP's.jpg
    Olney JP's.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello Bob,
Here are some Jeff Onley Cues.
I have been fortunate, that I had request to make Cue Caps. for them.

Jeff does make nice cues,
Very clean work.
Thanks sir. Love the pictures. Very nice work by You and Mr. Olney.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Love Alton and his work - pure class always.
(If he provides advice on the subject of jp’s, it’s given in the best of spirit and worth taking heed.)

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
posted better pics....................................................................................

Last edited:

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's one I picked up last year.

Attachments

• Olney3.jpg
    Olney3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 636

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Two very nice additions to your collection Thomas. That Birdseye widow is a killer!!!
Thanks for adding to this thread again:thumbup:

Last edited:

Dak21st

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I still have the one from earlier in this thread. I remember asking him to have signature or makers mark under the wrap instead of outside of cue when he built it. Nice classic design. I enjoy playing with it still as I'm a 5/16-14 SS joint kinda guy.

Attachments

• olney signature.jpg
    olney signature.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 463

Wid1213

I still have the one from earlier in this thread. I remember asking him to have signature or makers mark under the wrap instead of outside of cue when he built it. Nice classic design. I enjoy playing with it still as I'm a 5/16-14 SS joint kinda guy.
Got this one from a raffle; I use it all the time. It has a 13m shaft; wish I could get one a little slimmer.
b948f2e61e4629005efdfbb81e93e183.jpg
27b692b6d32f5522ac6fc6ec081923df.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had up to eight of these fine cues at one time. Now I've thinned it back to two. Here they are. The Thuya burl six point was the first one I got in 2009. The six point burl/ebony came along later.

Attachments

• LastOlneys1.jpg.jpg
    LastOlneys1.jpg.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 211
  • LastOlneys2.jpg.jpg
    LastOlneys2.jpg.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 220
  • LastOlneys3.jpg.jpg
    LastOlneys3.jpg.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 219
  • LastOlneys4.jpg.jpg
    LastOlneys4.jpg.jpg