Live feed! Mandaluyong's 9-Ball Cup!

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny Archer didn't survived the onslaught from these young and hungry tigers, and was sent to the showers early by these young upstarts who plays jam up everytime. About 80% of the field are amateurs, and most of them are in their teens or just in their early 20s.

There's a live feed for this tournament and the video quality is the best that I've seen, better than Sopcast or TVU. They also have an archive (10 pages) of matches from the 2006 World Pool Championships. All you have to do is register for free to watch the live feed or the archived matches. Knowing the time of the match/matches for the live feed is another matter though...

http://www.rayasports.com/content/view/218/91/

Their Photo Gallery is awesome too with pics of Johnny, Thorsten, Gerry Watson and a bunch of other foreign entries including a slew of these young pups who showed no fear on the green felt. Check it out!

http://www.rayasports.com/content/category/19/45/129/
 
Thanks for the link and updates.

Good to see Gerry Watson. Great picture of him and Thorsten lagging! :)

JAM
 
JAM said:
Thanks for the link and updates.

Good to see Gerry Watson. Great picture of him and Thorsten lagging! :)

JAM


My pleasure Jennie! I'm watching the Reyes/Alcano tussle from the archives of matches as we
speak. I missed this one and a bunch more, good thing they have this for my viewing pleasure! :p
 
My bad...

This is a 10-ball tournament, and not a 9 ball tournament, were the winner of any of the legs gets a free
slot in the World 10-Ball Championship in September. The winner's prize is $10,000, and half of the field
(32) gets a piece of the cheese. Entry fee for this tournament is $50! :eek:

http://www.rayasports.com/content/view/181/96/
 
gopi-1 said:
Johnny Archer didn't survived the onslaught from these young and hungry tigers, and was sent to the showers early by these young upstarts who plays jam up everytime. About 80% of the field are amateurs, and most of them are in their teens or just in their early 20s.

There's a live feed for this tournament and the video quality is the best that I've seen, better than Sopcast or TVU. They also have an archive (10 pages) of matches from the 2006 World Pool Championships. All you have to do is register for free to watch the live feed or the archived matches. Knowing the time of the match/matches for the live feed is another matter though...

http://www.rayasports.com/content/view/218/91/

Their Photo Gallery is awesome too with pics of Johnny, Thorsten, Gerry Watson and a bunch of other foreign entries including a slew of these young pups who showed no fear on the green felt. Check it out!

http://www.rayasports.com/content/category/19/45/129/

Based on the link you provided, the final day LIVE broadcast will be tomorrow, Sunday, 3 am to 6 am US eastern. I just registered (free) in their website and will try to watch the final games tomorrow.

Do you know the name of the players who are still in the competition?
 
f210 said:
Based on the link you provided, the final day LIVE broadcast will be tomorrow, Sunday, 3 am to 6 am US eastern. I just registered (free) in their website and will try to watch the final games tomorrow.

Do you know the name of the players who are still in the competition?



There's still 4 men left standing, 2 from the winners' side (Marvelous Marlon Manalo and Antonio "Gaga"
Gabica and 2 from the losers' side. From the one loss side comes Leonardo "Dodong Dadiangas" Andam,
who prevailed over Chun Chien-Te (9-2) and Mario Tolentino (9-7), and 18 year old Jericho Banares,
who dominated Thorsten Hohmann, 9 games to 4.

These 4 people will start from scratch from the semifinals with Manalo playing Andam and Gabica is
matched up against Banares. Both winners of the said matches will advance and meet in the finals.
 
Last edited:
Thanx for the link Bro. This is not promoted well, hence no one knows that it is available.
 
gopi-1 said:
There's still 4 men left standing, 2 from the winners' side (Marvelous Marlon Manalo and Antonio "Gaga"
Gabica and 2 from the losers' side. From the one loss side comes Leonardo "Dodong Dadiangas" Andam,
who prevailed over Chun Chien-Te (9-2) and Mario Tolentino (9-7), and 18 year old Jericho Banares,
who dominated Thorsten Hohmann, 9 games to 4.

These 4 people will start from scratch from the semifinals with Manalo playing Andam and Gabica is
matched up against Banares. Both winners of the said matches will advance and meet in the finals.

Thanks for the info gopi. I will try to tune in to the LIVE coverage at 3 am tomorrow morning (US EST). I have been reading a lot lately about 18 year old JERICHO BANARES. It is the first time I have heard of this young guy but he seems to be very promising. Here is a quote from 58 yr old Gerry Watson,

18-year-old Jerico Banares continued to impress pool aficionados and the media. In a match between a junior and a senior, he downed 58-year-old Gerry Watson of Canada, 9-6, to book himself a place in the last eight.

?Who is this guy?? Watson declared with good humor afterwards. ?He didn?t miss a shot!?


And after that he has defeated no less than Hohmann with a score of 9 to 4. I am certainly interested in seeing his game tomorrow. I would like to see him in the finals against hopefully, Manalo, so he can really prove himself.
 
BlowFish said:
Thanx for the link Bro. This is not promoted well, hence no one knows that it is available.



This is what I call, the dark side of the force, hence nobody's paying much attention!
1202.gif


Here's the 4 players left to duke it out:

img48259f6ad5e84.jpg


img4820319a9efd3.jpg


img47c2e0cd01f54.jpg


img4823e2e8e0e8b.jpg
 
Last edited:
f210 said:
Thanks for the info gopi. I will try to tune in to the LIVE coverage at 3 am tomorrow morning (US EST). I have been reading a lot lately about 18 year old JERICHO BANARES. It is the first time I have heard of this young guy but he seems to be very promising. Here is a quote from 58 yr old Gerry Watson,

18-year-old Jerico Banares continued to impress pool aficionados and the media. In a match between a junior and a senior, he downed 58-year-old Gerry Watson of Canada, 9-6, to book himself a place in the last eight.

?Who is this guy?? Watson declared with good humor afterwards. ?He didn?t miss a shot!?


And after that he has defeated no less than Hohmann with a score of 9 to 4. I am certainly interested in seeing his game tomorrow. I would like to see him in the finals against hopefully, Manalo, so he can really prove himself.



First time I've heard of him too. He's probably on of the young guns Johnny Archer's been talking about with fatboy (Eric).
 
I tried watching an archived match but it was lagging so bad I couldn't watch it. Is it just my slow connection or are others having the same problem?
 
alstl said:
I tried watching an archived match but it was lagging so bad I couldn't watch it. Is it just my slow connection or are others having the same problem?


It's fine on my side, try the other archived matches.
 
Anyone able to get this?? Right now I'm getting the X-Files from their link???
 
Try clicking the "PoolIsCool" logo guys. I'm getting a feed, but it's a movie or sort of a movie.
 
Last edited:
gopi-1 said:
Try clicking the "PoolIsCool" logo guys. I'm getting a feed, but it's a movie or sort of a movie.

That's what I did, and it has been the X-Files.:confused:
 
ABall said:
That's what I did, and it has been the X-Files.:confused:



It's now showing Dark Angel, with Jessica Alba, at least some eye candy. :D The start time they've posted could
be wrong though, because 3 pm is definitely not considered as a prime time slot in the Philippines. I'm just hoping...
 
Back
Top