LIVE Scoreboard at World 8ball Pool in Dubai

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is race to 8 alternate break format. Ronnie Alcano is up 4 to 0 against his opponent.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to a recent UPA press release, the UPA is happy to announce that they sent Corey, Shane, and Ronnie Wiseman to this event.

Interestingly, the UPA press release states: The President of the UPA, Frank Alvarez, would like to send special thanks to the BCA trade organization for helping provide the means for the players to have the opportunity to travel overseas to represent the United States in such a prestigious event.

Does this mean that the BCA paid for the expenses of the American players to this 8-ball tournament, the FULL expenses? If so, then this is incredibly good news. About damn time the BCA did something for pro players. I am aware that the BCA does give the American players a token check to attend the World Pool Championship each year, but the token check is nowhere near enough to cover all expenses, a little bone with not much meat on it.

Is this tournament in Dubai or Fujairah?

JAM

Last edited:

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
According to a recent UPA press release, the UPA is happy to announce that they sent Corey, Shane, and Ronnie Wiseman to this event.

Interestingly, the UPA press release states: The President of the UPA, Frank Alvarez, would like to send special thanks to the BCA trade organization for helping provide the means for the players to have the opportunity to travel overseas to represent the United States in such a prestigious event.

Does this mean that the BCA paid for the expenses of the American players to this 8-ball tournament, the FULL expenses? If so, then this is incredibly good news. About damn time the BCA did something for pro players. I am aware that the BCA does give the American players a token check to attend the World Pool Championship each year, but the token check is nowhere near enough to cover all expenses, a little bone with not much meat on it.

Is this tournament in Dubai or Fujairah?

JAM

You are right, it is in Fujairah.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie Alcano virtually toyed with his Guatemalan opponent, Carlos Talavera by winning huge! 8 games to 1 in an alternate break format! :eek:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gopi-1 said:
Ronnie Alcano virtually toyed with his Guatemalan opponent, Carlos Talavera by winning huge! 8 games to 1 in an alternate break format! :eek:

Wow, that is very impressive in an alternate break format!

Interesting how the draw went. They got my boy Gomez playing American's New Pool Poster Child, Shane Van Boening, in the second round, dag nab it. That's going to be a hard one for me to watch. Two young'ns, strong and raring to go. :D

Of course, I'm pulling for Shane. So watch out, my Filipino fans. USA will shine brightly in UAE this weekend. Mine eyes have seen the glory! :p

JAM

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Wow, that is very impressive in an alternate break format!

Interesting how the draw went. They got my boy Gomez playing American's New Pool Poster Child, Shane Van Boening, in the second round, dag nab it. That's going to be a hard one for me to watch. Two young'ns, strong and raring to go. :D

Of course, I'm pulling for Shane. So watch out, my Filipino fans. USA will shine brightly in UAE this weekend. Mine eyes have seen the glory! :p

JAM

Go, Go, GOMEZ for me. hahaha I have seen Superman live when I went to the Philippines recently and he demolished the great Francisco Bustamante. Busta never had a chance in that game. He beat Efren and Alex Pagulayan earlier in the tournament too. But wait a minute, the SVB vs Gomez match is not certain yet. They still have to beat their respective opponents.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
f210 said:
Go, Go, GOMEZ for me. hahaha I have seen Superman live when I went to the Philippines recently and he demolished the great Francisco Bustamante. Busta never had a chance in that game. He beat Efren and Alex Pagulayan earlier in the tournament too. But wait a minute, the SVB vs Gomez match is not certain yet. They still have to beat their respective opponents.

Who are they playing? :confused:

JAM

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billbOK said:
The live scoreboard is not working very well? it's a bit frustrating?

Mine is working well and is automatically being refreshed every 10 seconds. However, I could have sworn that the crown prince was neck and neck with Marcus Western of England at 4 all earlier. Now, the score is 6 to 1 in favor of the British.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found it.

Gomez vs Craig Bower.

Shane vs. Kaven Zarakani

I have no idea who Bower and Zarakani are. :eek:

JAM

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Who are they playing? :confused:

JAM

Superman will play Craig Bower of RSA at 6 am US eastern time tomorrow while SVB will match up against Zarakani, Kaven of IRI also at 6 am tomorrow. Hope they both win so we can witness an exciting match.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another nice deal here: Corey Deuel versus Darren Appleton first round. :mad:

JAM

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Niels vs Ron Wiseman match is about to start and is already on the LIVE scoreboard.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
f210 said:
Mine is working well and is automatically being refreshed every 10 seconds. However, I could have sworn that the crown prince was neck and neck with Marcus Western of England at 4 all earlier. Now, the score is 6 to 1 in favor of the British.

That match is now over, 8 games to 1 for the clown errr, Crown Prince of Brunei's opponent. I heard it from the grapevine that somebody or someone tried to bribe the scorekeeper to keep this match as close as possible, and the scorekeeper obliged. Unfortunately somebody reneged on his promise and the true scores were immediately released!
1184.gif

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
f210 said:
That is OK. It is only the eliminations round. Four out of 8 players will advance to the next round....

Do you mean if Ronnie Wiseman loses one round, he is out of the tournament? GEESH! What a long way to go to get knocked out first round.

JAM