Live Stream On Now From Kolbys in Tempe AZ

Getnbzy said:
Although i missed it thanks alot. Your efforts are much appreciated.:cool:
No problem,I will be streaming The Arizona Desert Classic Tours 14.1 State Championship this weekend,Saturday and Sunday,the stream should start at 11am here in AZ.This should be a great event with some killer straight pool being played. :)
 
Fast Lenny said:
Just a dry run before the weekends festivities,will have better angle and audio for this weekend.Enjoy some pool,the Freezer Scott Frost might be playing also in a bit,its a wild ball tourney that is handicapped. :)
www.ustream.tv/channel/ontherail

Lenny, you've got to learn to get down on your cue. :D
 
Glad you'll be streaming, podna!! That's very nice of y'all. I'll be tuning in to watch some 14.1.

Cheers~ Doc
 
jay helfert said:
Lenny, you've got to learn to get down on your cue. :D
I have alot of stuff to learn Jay,if you saw all my mechanical quirks you would be suprised I can pocket a ball no less run a rack here and there.Here is a vid of a quick run out,nothing stellar but impressive with my horrible mechanics and when the balls stopped after the break it was run in less then a minute.I love pool but its only my 4th year playing so I am ok with my skill level,plenty of years left to play. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USA3ULLk1vE
 
Fast Lenny said:
I have alot of stuff to learn Jay,if you saw all my mechanical quirks you would be suprised I can pocket a ball no less run a rack here and there.Here is a vid of a quick run out,nothing stellar but impressive with my horrible mechanics and when the balls stopped after the break it was run in less then a minute.I love pool but its only my 4th year playing so I am ok with my skill level,plenty of years left to play. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USA3ULLk1vE

You get down on the ball real good! But, do you realize you are raising up before every shot? If you can learn to stay down, you will go up a speed quick. This can be learned in ONE DAY! Just MAKE yourself stay down on all shots for one full day. It will become a habit quicker than you think.

I would also suggest you take an extra second or two to figure out just where you want the cue ball to go. Do this BEFORE you get down. A couple of times it looked like you shot before you were really ready.

One other thing, you have to put more "body" into your break shot. You're still almost all arm. It's the one shot where you can move into the shot, like a karate blow.

Okay, that's about it for now. That will be $50 please. :)
 
jay helfert said:
You get down on the ball real good! But, do you realize you are raising up before every shot? If you can learn to stay down, you will go up a speed quick. This can be learned in ONE DAY! Just MAKE yourself stay down on all shots for one full day. It will become a habit quicker than you think.

I would also suggest you take an extra second or two to figure out just where you want the cue ball to go. Do this BEFORE you get down. A couple of times it looked like you shot before you were really ready.

One other thing, you have to put more "body" into your break shot. You're still almost all arm. It's the one shot where you can move into the shot, like a karate blow.

Okay, that's about it for now. That will be $50 please. :)
Thanks Jay for the info and I will try to slow down,they dont call me Fast Lenny for nothing though,haha,but your right,stay down-follow through and take some more time,find my rythum,I do notice a difference when I am doing this.As for the break I dont have much body to put into it but I am working on this also,I just focus more on hitting the 1 ball center and not losing whitey especially with a phenolic tip it seems to want to jump or miscue if I am not accurate.I wont let you get the bite on me,lol,but I will get you a few drinks next time your in Phoenix and it will be a pleasure to finally meet you. :wave2:
 
Hey Jay,just got back in after going out with my buddy and we did good matching up with 2 fairly strong players and winning,I kept it in my head to stay down too and shot very well. :yes:
 
Back
Top