LIVE STREAM TALK: Predator World 14.1 Tournament

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can be get updated results? Not everyone can get to the tournament. Is there a specific reason the scores are not updated as soon as they come in. I would think this would take a matter of seconds to update the scores online. It does not have to be a shot by shot analysis. Just update the scores please.

I completely agree. Thanks to people like dmgwalsh, ForumGhost516 and others to provide us with some scores so we know what's going on.

It does seem difficult to understand that results for a 14.1 tournament with a field of 48 can't be updated and published as you say, within seconds.

If anyone has played the BCAPL 8-Ball Nationals in Vegas over the last few years, you've come to enjoy and rely upon CSI (the parent organization) providing on-line scores and bracket information for 10,000 amateurs playing a variety of events using CueSport Tournament System. As a competitor, you can register for text message notifications to be alerted about future match information such as date, time, table number and opponent's name.

This online tournament software was also used for the 2012 US Open 10-Ball tournament which was held concurrently with the amateur competition.

theUBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paid for live stream 14.1 and can not enter the page.
Very badly explained. No contact option. Just INCREDIBLE:angry:

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also per the AZB link it looks like there was a last-minute change in Group 1. Danny Diliberto was replaced with Gary O'Callaghan. Gary finished 3rd in the NYC qualifier.

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the patience

I wanted to thank all of the az fans for your patience regarding the 14.1 stream.

It's our first major pool event/stream being held at Carom Cafe, but we're committed to listening to the fans and making it better and better.

-Ira

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a heads up, fans.

Johnny Archer lined up to do commentary with Charles Eames on the streaming table match of John Schmidt and Stephan Cohen, right after Deuel and Reyes are done....

http://caromtube.blogspot.com/p/live-full-package.html

-Ira

Johnny Archer made a mistake. He didn't realize that he was playing at this time. We'll keep trying to get him in the stream booth next time and I'll keep you posted!

Holden Chin and Charles Eames doing commentary.

-Ira

tmickle

Registered
I am currently watching the Schmidt - Cohen match and the video is choppy. Earlier today it was fine. but after the video failure when there was a message on the screen (during the Reyes-Dueul match), the video became choppy. I am posting here since I don't know where else to post - posting on the chat was no help at all.
TEM

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Schmidt 100 - Cohen 0:
  • Cohen -- opening safe
  • Schmidt -- safe
  • Cohen -- safe
  • Schmidt -- 100 and out!

tmickle

Registered
Great Match

In case you missed this match...

Schmidt's first ball made was a dicey combination after what looked like a very good safe from Cohen. The ball was hit a just above pocket speed and bobbled in the pocket...and bobbled some more...and then fell in.

When Schmidt had 97 he was playing to get shape on a side pocket break shot, with the break ball close to the center of the table. But he got too straight in on it and it looked like his run was over. He spent quit a bit of time deciding what to do. He got down to make the shot and then looked like something interrupted him. He got up, go down again but it looked like something interrupted him again, this time looking over towards Cohen. Finally he got down on the ball and hit a fantastic force follow shot as good as a ball can be hit. The cue ball came off the side rail and hit the top of the rack, breaking up the balls and glancing off to the center of the table where he had an easy shot to end the match. Before he shot, Cohen threw in the towel - it landed directly over the cue ball - the best shot Cohen made in the match!

TEM

nashville14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
streams for tue, framerate on dsl

does anyone know which matches will be streamed on tue.
I unfortunately have only a humble dsl connection and I am wondering if it is worthwhile to try to arrange to watch at some friends place. I watched some of the free insidepool stream from the 10 footers at tunica, via my dsl but the framerate was too slow to get much out of it. watching youtube pool videos the framerate looks pretty good though.
well I might pay $15 for a day just to see if I can get anything at all.
thanks,,
j

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
does anyone know which matches will be streamed on tue.
I unfortunately have only a humble dsl connection and I am wondering if it is worthwhile to try to arrange to watch at some friends place. I watched some of the free insidepool stream from the 10 footers at tunica, via my dsl but the framerate was too slow to get much out of it. watching youtube pool videos the framerate looks pretty good though.
well I might pay $15 for a day just to see if I can get anything at all.
thanks,,
j

July 31st Day 3 TV stream schedule is: http://worldstraightpool.com/livestream.html

1030am Ralph Eckert GER vs Chris Lynch USA
12:00pm Efren Reyes PHL vs Joey Kong KOR
130pm Thorsten Hohmann GER vs Peter Burrows USA

430pm Johnny Archer USA vs Huidji See NED
6pm John Schmidt USA vs Cleiton Rocha BRZ
730pm Mika Immonen FIN vs Mike Dechaine USA

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Apple IPad

Does anyone know if the stream will work on an Apple IPad ?

Thanks

Wedge

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great match by two legitimate contenders for this title.

Huidji See over Johnny Archer 100 - 98, with See running 100 and out after Johnny ran 84 (to get to 98 - 0).

- Archer played the opening safety
- See bobbled his long opening shot to a corner pocket
- Archer ran 14 then played safe, putting the CB behind the rack
- See played safe into the bottom of the rack
- Archer cut the corner ball into the side pocket and ran 84 then missed a fairly lightly hit break shot
- See ran 100 and out, including a great masse shot on ball #87.

Note: the commentator declared Johnny's run to be a 98-ball run (and that he was on the verge of 100 & out), which it wasn't. Please, commentators -- pay attention. If you can't remember what happened, take paper and pencil with you to the booth and make some notes!