Longer Shaft

Sambo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just wondering what advantage or disadvantage there might be with using a 1" longer shaft...such as moving the balance point..aiming...stroking?

thank you in advance

George Fels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A 1" longer shaft will increase your reach by one inch, Sambo, and there really aren't many other benefits. You may find you're fouling on your practice strokes at first. One inch will not likely affect your cue's balance much if at all, and should make no difference in aiming or stroking. GF

Purdman

Banned
Sambo said:
I was just wondering what advantage or disadvantage there might be with using a 1" longer shaft...such as moving the balance point..aiming...stroking?

thank you in advance

It keeps my hand on the wrap. I also have a 30 in butt. I use the 30 inch shaft with regular 58 inch butts also. Works for me.
Purd

PTBuilder

Registered
I play with a standard 58 inch cue and unless my arms start growing it wouldn't be an advantage for me to use a longer shaft. I am actually much better at breaking with a 57 inch cue.

phishman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had Jerry Powers of Jerico cues build me a "true" 60 inch cue, very well balanced and since I'm pretty short works extremely well for me--especially on nine footers. Also he put a med. Wizard tip on it and it is the best tip I have ever shot with.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strange

I had a Hagan cue that had longer shafts than butt. The shafts were about an 1 1/2 inch longer. The Hagan cue was exceptional, and I regret selling it.

My current Tad also has shafts that are slightly longer bearly than the butt.

6, half a dozen or another, it isnt that big of a deal IMO.

Ken