Look who was lurking around my house!!!!

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all, I don't post much, so bear with me on this one.

I have a secret and here it goes: I had Diamond Billiards come install a new 9' Diamond Pro a couple of years ago in my gameroom. This is on the second floor of my home and over time (along with the carpet), It has lost it's level ever so slightly.

IMG_6470resized.jpg

My very good friend JoeyA told me that Greg Sullivan was passing through town with "a player". This was none other than Truman Hogue, bank player extraordinaire. Greg and Truman came over to my house to level the table and unofficially pass on some great banking knowledge. WHAT A TREAT!!!!!

IMG_6481resized.jpg

The very next day and another call from JoeyA proved just as exciting. Perfect Aim was passing through and looking to unload some knowledge. Gene Albrecht came over and gave JoeyA and myself a few hours of instruction and I must say "WOW". You may pick up on bits and pieces of Perfect Aim here and there, but to get it in full and directly from Gene was well worth the money. I can't wait to watch the video.

IMG_6486resized.jpg

My table has been given a full manicure and spa treatment this weekend. Not only was she leveled by the man himself but also got to feel true masters pocket balls in true fashion. For myself, new friendships were established, and I have absorbed copious amounts of information.

Thanks JoeyA, Greg, Truman, and Gene for a weekend of memories.

DocHutch

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Nice!!! I have a Diamond also, set up by RKC himself and nothing like that happens to me:embarrassed2:. My wife is meaner then a gut shot grizzly and maybe that has something to do with it....I don't know:rolleyes:.

I have never talked to Gene or Truman but had a fun time playing Joey not long ago so it aint all bad. Thanks for the story:cool:.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Very nice. Hopefully your house and table survive Isaac. Looks like it's coming straight at you :eek:

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Awesome visit.. I really like Truman, he's as good as they get in my opinion.. Being a bank pool player, it's easy to be a little mesmerized by such a legend.. I've been lucky enough to draw him in 3 separate matches at the Derby over the years, I've yet to win a match but have enjoyed every encounter!

Nice room by the way!

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for all of the nice comments.

I do enjoy my table and room very much. The gameroom is actually the entire second floor of my house and is rather large. It is my "mancave", a place to escape.

DocHutch

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
That's really cool! Thanks for taking the time to share the story (and obvious excitement about it!). ;)

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all of the nice comments.

I do enjoy my table and room very much. The gameroom is actually the entire second floor of my house and is rather large. It is my "mancave", a place to escape.

DocHutch

OK, enough of this pussy footing around. Its high time you got fully involved at AZ and get into a long drawn, drag out flame war over something totally stupid! You will have to grow some skin as thick as a water buffalo first and then you will be good to go.

Nice post BTW!

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, enough of this pussy footing around. Its high time you got fully involved at AZ and get into a long drawn, drag out flame war over something totally stupid! You will have to grow some skin as thick as a water buffalo first and then you will be good to go.

Nice post BTW!

Fortunately, I have avoided the flame wars. It doesn't really bother me much. I am very good at tuning out the noise (which helps when playing at the table). I know that posting this exposes me to controversy but people have rights to their own opinion and just because we may not agree doesn't mean we can't be friendly or cordial. My purpose of posting this is to pass on my experiences in pool which I know others will appreciate and/or enjoy.

DocHutch

nzjase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice room mate and I can only imagine the joy of having legends in your man cave and playing on our table!

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, the only advice I ever get is some drunk guy yelling "you're gonna scratch" that obviously never heard of English! I'm gonna have to move to your neighborhood!

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Distance

How much distance from your wall to the long side of the table?

From the outer edge of the table (not rail), I have 62" clearance on the long rails and 67" at the foot rail. The head rail has 22 feet. It is a nice size game room. You can add 7" on all sides to get from the edge of the table to the actual rails.

DocHutch