looking for cheaper cue

midstroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Long story but I will make it short. So my brother inlaw is a bit slow 35 yr old dishwasher. Anyhow hes been playing on my team for a session now. And really likes it, but he left his cue unattended and it grew legs. Basically he has 100 dollars to spend. I will throw in a little extra if need be. Help me out folks he asked to use my Doug Patrick cue. What you got?

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
that doesn't say much about your sister. :rotflmao1:

this was meant as a silly joke, i obviously don't know him his sister or the OP. If he takes offense its not what i meant.

Last edited:

mr5ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Honestly you can pick up a McDermott Lucky cue on ebay for 40-50 bucks. I have one that i bought to use while my palmer was being restored and it honestly doesnt play that bad. Clearly ive played with nicer cues but for the price its a solid option.

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Check out Dale Perry on eBay. I got one about a year ago and have since retired it. I think I paid $120 with shipping. Hit better than most production cues.

phinmole

www.phinmole.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Low blow...

On the sister comment..

You don't know.. so keep that crap to yourself..

And on the cue ideas.. The DP's on ebay are a good 100.00 choice.. they look nice and play fairly well and for 100 are hard to beat. That way you can tell him its a custom 1/1 and if it grows legs you can easily spot it!

Mcdermott entry level cues are around 100-150.00 - let me know if you need one of those I can get them cheap.

Felix

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
On the sister comment..

You don't know.. so keep that crap to yourself..

And on the cue ideas.. The DP's on ebay are a good 100.00 choice.. they look nice and play fairly well and for 100 are hard to beat. That way you can tell him its a custom 1/1 and if it grows legs you can easily spot it!

Mcdermott entry level cues are around 100-150.00 - let me know if you need one of those I can get them cheap.

Felix

its a joke, relax.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
Long story but I will make it short. So my brother inlaw is a bit slow 35 yr old dishwasher. Anyhow hes been playing on my team for a session now. And really likes it, but he left his cue unattended and it grew legs. Basically he has 100 dollars to spend. I will throw in a little extra if need be. Help me out folks he asked to use my Doug Patrick cue. What you got?

the following link has great options in your range.

And, some of these even have points. :thumbup:

and they have been making them here in the USA for ~50 years

and they play very well. :cool:

USA USA USA :wink:

www.schmelkecue.com

GL

best,
brian kc

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
the following link has great options in your range.

And, some of these even have points. :thumbup:

and they have been making them here in the USA for ~50 years

and they play very well. :cool:

USA USA USA :wink:

www.schmelkecue.com

GL

best,
brian kc

They seem like good cues, but it's funny they've been making them for 50 years and can't figure out how to keep a tip on! My friend made a special order for an ebony sneaky Pete and got two shafts with Moori tips and both flew off when shooting within the first two days. I really think they seem to make good fullsplice cues but can't believe these tips popped off like that coming from experienced cue makers.

Also, to add a positive note I have a cheaper custom sneaky Pete with an old tiger shaft I have listed for sale. It's super straight and shoots great. Smaller diameter tip though. Let me know.
Thanks,
Tim

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They seem like good cues, but it's funny they've been making them for 50 years and can't figure out how to keep a tip on! My friend made a special order for an ebony sneaky Pete and got two shafts with Moori tips and both flew off when shooting within the first two days. I really think they seem to make good fullsplice cues but can't believe these tips popped off like that coming from experienced cue makers.

Also, to add a positive note I have a cheaper custom sneaky Pete with an old tiger shaft I have listed for sale. It's super straight and shoots great. Smaller diameter tip though. Let me know.
Thanks,
Tim

I have owned three Schmelke sneakies for many years and have never had an issue. They all get reasonable use and one is often taken out as my breaking cue. Just another data point.

In general I think a Schmelke sneaky pete might be the best $125 cue on the market all things considered. They are wonderful people to deal with and they make a great product for a great price in the USA.

Dave